Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    looks that he can contribute next year
    he could be the obvious third center (replacing Anthony, who's quite sure out next year) or second center (in case we don't re-up Deadmon).
    the problem: who's gonna be our first center next year? ...cause LMA don't like the role and at this point looks not difficult to see that Pau is no longer an option for that big role...
    however, a three men at center like Deadmon, Pau and Milutinov are imho a lot better than most nba teams
    Agree, Pau, DD, and Mulitinov would be a serviceable C rotation. Looks a lot dicier though if Dedmon leaves.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agree, Pau, DD, and Mulitinov would be a serviceable C rotation. Looks a lot dicier though if Dedmon leaves.
    The way Pop dumped Dedmon at the end of the bench there's no conceivable way he'll resign with the Spurs.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Slick post scoring against legit dudes.

Pau and LMA can't even score against midgets in the post or dunk with authority when the chance arises.

Milutinov better than any other Spurs center right now. And of course thanks to some wonderful foresight ... pretty good chance he's not coming over.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ty561Q-S0hk

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://www.eurohoops.net/en/nba-news...ng-spurs-call/

Milutinov waiting Spurs’ call

... Dewayne Dedmon (3m. $), David Lee (1,6 m. $) and Pau Gasol (16 m. $) have all player options for the extention of their contract for the 2017-18 season. If one of them decides to test the market and becomes a free agent – obviously in order to get a bigger contract – then the Spurs are ready to sign Milutinov, who was drafted by them at no 26 of the 2015 draft.

Milutinov’s contract with Olympiacos includes an NBA buy out of one million US dollars. However if Gasol, Dedmon and Lee use their options and remain part of the Spurs, then the most probable scenario for Milutinov will be to remain one more season in Europe and leave for the NBA at the summer of 2018, when he will be a free agent.

Olympiacos is in constant contact with the Spurs and waits their decision in order to decide also their summer moves for their front line. Milutinov emerged this season as a key member of the Reds and the Greeks would love to keep him for one more season.
    Spurs can only contribute $675,000 to a buyout.

If he signed a rookie scale deal, he'd be at $1,465,920 to start.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Euros who've seen him. How mobile is he on defense? How capable is he of switching on PNRs?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just bring him over.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Euros who've seen him. How mobile is he on defense? How capable is he of switching on PNRs?
    Safe to say it won't be a strength of his.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was actually a strength of his when drafted, mobility on defense and offensive rebounding. Check out the scouting videos of him.

In the games I saw this year he looked stiffer when defending the pick and roll, but maybe if he gets in better condition I think he'll be a plus. Good chance better than LMA when defending pick and roll.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After watching some vids of his a couple of things stood out:

1. He is not afraid of contact
    2. He is active around the rim for rebounds or put backs
    3. His B-Ball IQ is pretty good he knows where to be on the court
    4. He can actually jump and his feet leave the ground..lol
    5. He is not lazy or soft and runs the court

I am all for bringing him and Hanga over this summer!!!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His block numbers in the euroleague are quite impressive

For comparison,. Boban's euroleague blocks per 36 I recall being slightly higher in the NBA, and blocks have historically been a reliable correlator.

Milutinov, 2.4 blocks per 36 at the euroleague level

Just for comparison:.

Joel Anthony 1.8
    Dedmon 1.7
    Gasol 1.5

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn't realize how beefy he was. Hopefully he's not a punk like Nurkic

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ Has more moves and can pass better than LMa. Obviously he will need a period of adjustment but Is like to see him in the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watched the Fernbache and Efes games in the minutes he played. What I saw was a guy that set picks and screens all over the place. Shielded defenders around the basket to let his guys on drives get to the rim which will be handy for Murray. Picks up fouls on illegal picks a fair amount though. He will lay out some people. Strong around the basket, good footwork, all dunks or layups. Don't think I saw him put the ball on the floor once or take a shot three feet from the basket. Ok passer but no marvel. Decent rebounder, blocks out but isn't going to chase the ball down out of space. OK shot blocker. Decent on pick and roll, above Gasol level for sure.

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really don't need to draft a finishing big like Bell or Adebayo if you plan to bring him over. He's a better player and has more experience. He played in a major game and played really well. He's playing with grown men and on one of the best European teams at that. Bring him over.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another solid game for him in the Greek finals helping his team to a win: http://www.eurohoops.net/en/heba/456087/milutinov-spanoulis-pace-olympiacos-1-0-vs-panathinaikos/

With 2:16 remaining in the first Greek League Final, Panathinaikos was up 58 – 55 against Olympiacos on the road. It was a seemingly minor advantage but considerable one given how close the game was.

But Vassilis Spanoulis made the start after a basket after an offensive foul and Nikola Milutinov scored four consecutive points to pace the Reds to a 63 – 58 victory over their opponents.

The Serbian center was also the top scorer of his team together with Giorgos Printezis. They each scored 12 points while captain Vassilis Spanoulis notched a double-double of 11 points plus 10 assists, quite the number for such a poor offensive match.
    NO. PLAYER POS MIN PTS FG FG% 2P 2P% 3P 3% FT FT% OR DR REB AS TO ST BS BR PF FO +/-
    11 N. Milutinov C 25:41 12 4-4 100 4-4 100 0-0 0 4-5 80 2 2 4 1 1 0 0 0 4 6 9

I'm glad that he is putting together some good games at the end of this season.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watched the Fernbache and Efes games in the minutes he played. What I saw was a guy that set picks and screens all over the place. Shielded defenders around the basket to let his guys on drives get to the rim which will be handy for Murray. Picks up fouls on illegal picks a fair amount though. He will lay out some people. Strong around the basket, good footwork, all dunks or layups. Don't think I saw him put the ball on the floor once or take a shot three feet from the basket. Ok passer but no marvel. Decent rebounder, blocks out but isn't going to chase the ball down out of space. OK shot blocker. Decent on pick and roll, above Gasol level for sure.
    Good news is i think he'll get away with more illegal screens in the NBA. Spurs could use his screens period, I'm tired of bigs whiffing on guys.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ Has more moves and can pass better than LMa. Obviously he will need a period of adjustment but Is like to see him in the Spurs.
    Sad to say but you might be right about the post moves. It was refreshing to see Milutinov break them out after a whole postseason of LMA and Pau just back down, no progress, back down, no progress, back down, give up and fade away brick.

I think Milutinov will score on Harden.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One more year and he'll probably end up starting and being regarded as one of the best bigs in Europe, in my estimation. What he showed in both Finals game is huge. I like that he shows up in big games. Euroleague finals is as big as it gets in Europe.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And i noticed the screens too when I watched his Euroleague final. He does moving screens just about every time.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man if this guys had Harden on him he would would have so abused him. He would have just turned around and double the the ball �� over Harden and broke his chest in the process. Pop sign this kid up he is from your homeland.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We need to have a clause in for all new centers we sign NOT A PUSSY" and this kid is tough, mean, and plays with some passion.

It ain't hard to teach how to properly screen but you can't coach heart.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still only 22, doesn't even turn 23 until December 30

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One more year and he'll probably end up starting and being regarded as one of the best bigs in Europe, in my estimation. What he showed in both Finals game is huge. I like that he shows up in big games. Euroleague finals is as big as it gets in Europe.
    man!! how do the spurs find all these guys? it is crazy tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd like to see him stay over another year and hopefully expand his game. Right now in half court the only way he creates his own shot is posting up.

Thread Information