Page 31 of 41 FirstFirst ... 21272829303132333435 ... LastLast
    I Make Love To Pressure MR.SILVER&BLack's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow, why would Glen Robinson's son need his shot fixed? I would have figured shooting wouldn't be an issue for him since his Dad was a great shooter.
    well going by his college numbers(not his rookie season because he played for 2 crap teams) his mid range game is money but he shot 32% from beyond the arc. His shots not broken but he aint no sharpshooter either. Chip could fix that like he did with Kawhi.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With recent reported trade for McCallum, Spurs now with just 2-3 open slots.

Parker/Mills/McCallum
    Green/Ginobili
    Leonard/Anderson
    Aldridge/Diaw
    Duncan/West

Still looking for that center and that 3 point shooter.

Spurs have figured out that Bertans can't protect the ball so they went out and grabbed a real point guard.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Parker/Mills/McCallum
    Green/Ginobili
    Leonard/Anderson
    Aldridge/Diaw
    Duncan/West

Spurs have figured out that Bertans can't protect the ball so they went out and grabbed a real point guard.
    I've never looked at Bertans and thought "Backup PG." I always looked at him and thought "Swingman Depth." He might have some passing ability (akin to a homeless man's Manu Ginobili) but I don't know who would have realistically liked him as a PG.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Parker/Mills/McCallum
    Green/Ginobili
    Leonard/Anderson
    Aldridge/Diaw
    Duncan/West

Pretty much a lock that Bon Bon comes back. He'll bury the Big 3 + Pop when it's all said and done....

A Center + a shooter and then I figure they'll leave a roster spot open for training camp/buyouts/Austin callups....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The dream is over guys

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bonner knows how to hack a dejordan so he's back with us 100%

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bargnani

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he doesn't get a decent paycheck, he probably is going to Europe.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty much a lock that Bon Bon comes back. He'll bury the Big 3 + Pop when it's all said and done....

A Center + a shooter and then I figure they'll leave a roster spot open for training camp/buyouts/Austin callups....
    I agree that the Spurs probably keep at least one spot open. I'm sure somebody will get bought out after the deadline and want to jump aboard for the stretch run. Also, it will afford flexibility to play the Austin callup game.

I don't know anymore if Bonner is necessarily in the plans. Picking up David West really changed the complexion of their big man rotation. I think more of a traditional Center is definitely in the cards before another PF. But Bonner could always play the waiting game like Horry used to do and sign on mid-season if the needs appears. Until then...Sean Marks' personal assistant in the Front Office?

Also, the swingman rotation is really concerning to me as it stands right now. Leonard and Danny are studs and will soak up the lion's share of minutes. But, in theory, Manu should only be playing 18-22 minutes a night. And he'll undoubtedly miss time during the season anyways. Also, I have no faith in Kyle Anderson to even play 10 rotation minutes a night. So what if Kawhi sprains an ankle and is out for 3 weeks? Manu can't fill in big minutes and Kyle just isn't ready yet if we want to be compe ive. We might need more than one addition...

So heres what it comes down to....we have four roster spots. How do we divvy them up?

1 will stay open for buyouts and callups.
    1 will go to a swingman
    1 will go to a big.
    What about number 4? I'd personally go with a second swing... Sign one veteran and one younger developmental guy.

Parker/Mills/McCallum

Leonard/Green/Ginobili/Established Veteran FA (Rasual Butler?)/Younger FA (Dairis Bertans or Jerrell Eddie?)/Kyle Anderson

Duncan/Aldridge/Diaw/West/Center FA

1 Spot vacant

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Woj is tweeting early today so let's hope for an eventful day

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree that the Spurs probably keep at least one spot open. I'm sure somebody will get bought out after the deadline and want to jump aboard for the stretch run. Also, it will afford flexibility to play the Austin callup game.

I don't know anymore if Bonner is necessarily in the plans. Picking up David West really changed the complexion of their big man rotation. I think more of a traditional Center is definitely in the cards before another PF. But Bonner could always play the waiting game like Horry used to do and sign on mid-season if the needs appears. Until then...Sean Marks' personal assistant in the Front Office?

Also, the swingman rotation is really concerning to me as it stands right now. Leonard and Danny are studs and will soak up the lion's share of minutes. But, in theory, Manu should only be playing 18-22 minutes a night. And he'll undoubtedly miss time during the season anyways. Also, I have no faith in Kyle Anderson to even play 10 rotation minutes a night. So what if Kawhi sprains an ankle and is out for 3 weeks? Manu can't fill in big minutes and Kyle just isn't ready yet if we want to be compe ive. We might need more than one addition...

So heres what it comes down to....we have four roster spots. How do we divvy them up?

1 will stay open for buyouts and callups.
    1 will go to a swingman
    1 will go to a big.
    What about number 4? I'd personally go with a second swing... Sign one veteran and one younger developmental guy.

Parker/Mills/McCallum

Leonard/Green/Ginobili/Established Veteran FA (Rasual Butler?)/Younger FA (Dairis Bertans or Jerrell Eddie?)/Kyle Anderson

Duncan/Aldridge/Diaw/West/Center FA

1 Spot vacant
    Leonard has been consistently out in the regular season. Has never played a full season.

So I got the same concerns here. Nobody to replace Leonard when he's out. That's why I want to see LJC signed... at least someone who can cover the same kind of defensive assignments.

KA has a decent post-up game though. If that's KL offensive game, then it'll compensate on that side of things.

Wanted: Dead or Alive Cowboys_Wear_Spurs's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Shved. Too expensive though, me thinks.
    I think he would be perfect to replace Manu in the future. Maybe the Spurs can lure him with a 2 year deal (PO in 2nd). He is strongly considering going back to Europe and he just might stay for a shot to play with the Spurs. If he works out, the Spurs can pay him next year and he can take over for Manu full-time.

And yeah, with the Cap going to 70mil, the Spurs don't have to use the Room Exception on Manu. They can resign him with cap space if they renounce Bonner and cut Williams. They can always resign Bonner at the Vet min.

Knicks only have to the room to offer Shved. So maybe the Spurs can swoop in and make him an offer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So is there anyway the Spurs can still swing Sausha Kahn from Cleveland.
    I know there was interest but haven't heard anything lately

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So is there anyway the Spurs can still swing Sausha Kahn from Cleveland.
    I know there was interest but haven't heard anything lately
    Rather them just sign Greg Smith or Dalembert for minimum than give up an asset for Kahn.

Don't like the idea of giving up an asset for a 5th big.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Woj is tweeting early today so let's hope for an eventful day

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I found Spurs backup 3 point shooter... http://www.nba.com/hawks/features/au...ts-pro-am-game

8 made 3's in one game!

Sign him up!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I found Spurs backup 3 point shooter... http://www.nba.com/hawks/features/au...ts-pro-am-game

8 made 3's in one game!

Sign him up!
    Haha, he got waived today too! Plus he knows the system! What's not to love!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Haha, he got waived today too! Plus he knows the system! What's not to love!
    Yup...

(1) Available (check)
    (2) Minimum (check)
    (3) High 3 point percentage (check)
    (4) Length (check)
    (5) Spurs corporate knowledge (check)

What's not to like?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rather them just sign Greg Smith or Dalembert for minimum than give up an asset for Kahn.

Don't like the idea of giving up an asset for a 5th big.
    if we're going for a veteran big i'd take Nazr or Jermaine O'Neal ahead of Dalembert

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty sure that won't be happening after the McCallum trade....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, I just read that he signed up with Miami.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yup...

(1) Available (check)
    (2) Minimum (check)
    (3) High 3 point percentage (check)
    (4) Length (check)
    (5) Spurs corporate knowledge (check)

What's not to like?
    Too bad he sucks.....��

Thread Information