Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His mobility is surprising. Hope he can start collecting boards at some point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His mobility is surprising. Hope he can start collecting boards at some point.
    If he does it will mainly be on the defensive glass, but even that is limited by thre Spurs emphasis on getting back. . On O they keep him out by the 3 point line. And they probably won't want him to add much bulk to spare his knee. Which means less banging underneath. So, probably we should temper those rebounding hopes a bit.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I love Bertans but he ain't gonna displace dedman or Lee. That's just it. That duo is playing good.
    Truth. I wonder if they can make him the backup 3, with Lee and Dedmom at the 4 and 5. Not sure he can guard 3s in the NBA but maybe the backups.

Longterm (i.e. Next season) best case scenario is hard to predict. He could be anything from the starting 4 with LMA as the 5 to a rotation backup to buried behind L & D. Good problem to have though.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Davis deserves more minutes..he has a pretty established niche and he looks to be confident dude...I would argue he is even more ready to contribute than Splitter was 2011.
    He should be playing against stretch 4s since Lee isn't comfortable guarding guys all the way at the 3 point line.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Truth. I wonder if they can make him the backup 3, with Lee and Dedmom at the 4 and 5. Not sure he can guard 3s in the NBA but maybe the backups.

Longterm (i.e. Next season) best case scenario is hard to predict. He could be anything from the starting 4 with LMA as the 5 to a rotation backup to buried behind L & D. Good problem to have though.
    He would be at least an average defender, there is no case that he would be a bad defender, but he needs to get stronger

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I wouldn't mind him being the backup 3 right now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he developed a turnaround shot he could annihilate any SF on the offensive end. Even as is, his high release means he can still get shots pff even if they close out better than 4's. The issue is defense, but as long as he's against a backup 3 it shouldn't be an issue

Whatever it takes, he should be getting more minutes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sasaint and I have been joking about that in a couple of threads.

KP will get sick of Knicks mismanagement eventually and the Spurs are the "place to go" for foreign players, but the new CBA would mean Kristaps would leave a massive amount of money to get out of NY. Won't happen on his first big contract, and by the second Pop and our special SA team culture will likely be gone.

But, I'd like to see how Porzingis would develop on a real team with a real plan and coaching staff. Fraid the Melo influence will stunt his development.
    --------------------------------------------------------

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He should be playing against stretch 4s since Lee isn't comfortable guarding guys all the way at the 3 point line.
    Should be a nice card to throw on Love over the match up against Cleveland, though he HAS to be complimented by strong rebounders around him in that scenario. Rest Manu & Lee, and see how the line up of Dedmon, Bertans, Anderson, Simmons, and Mills copes against Cavaliers's bench/portion of the starters time.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Should be a nice card to throw on Love over the match up against Cleveland, though he HAS to be complimented by strong rebounders around him in that scenario. Rest Manu & Lee, and see how the line up of Dedmon, Bertans, Anderson, Simmons, and Mills copes against Cavaliers's bench/portion of the starters time.
    Can probably put him on Jefferson who plays as the backup 4.

Spurs fan in Las Vegas Drom John's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kevin Pelton Chat
    Luis (Los Angeles)

Who's the third top rookie in your opinion (assuming Embiid and Brogdon are numer 1 and 2)?
    Kevin Pelton (3:48 PM)

I would probably go with Davis Bertans or one of the Knicks' rookies (Hernangomez and Kuzminskas).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kevin Pelton Chat
    That doesn't say much for this year's rookie crop.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jordan Howenstine ‏@AirlessJordan

Davis Bertans now has 30 three-pointers on the year. He's just the ninth rookie in franchise history to hit 30+ threes in a season.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dudes gonna have a career best of 4 rebounds when its all said and done though

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kid will be an all-star someday.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kid will be an all-star someday.
    I don't see it. I do see a potentially superior role player and spot starter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't see it. I do see a potentially superior role player and spot starter.
    So you don't see the potential on a 24 year old 6'10'' guy with atheticism, shooting, dribling, passing and the ability to create from himself and others? Ok.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Love Bertans confidence and toughness.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you don't see the potential on a 24 year old 6'10'' guy with atheticism, shooting, dribling, passing and the ability to create from himself and others? Ok.
    I see him as physically limited and not dominant enough to be an all-star, but I do see a superior role-player, possibly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    skip

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I see him as physically limited and not dominant enough to be an all-star, but I do see a superior role-player, possibly.
    Physically limited? He's 6'10 and moves like a PG out there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Been saying it for awhile. don't know how else to say this dude needs minutes! Find them. Get him in there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Physically limited? He's 6'10 and moves like a PG out there.
    He's a stick who may not put much weight on because of his knees and can't rebound to save his life. Dude, I think he's good.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Loved him out there! I always thought the comparison to Bonnie was completely unfair. This kid can pass, shows a little in between game, and can drive well. He also sacks up which I appreciate.

Thread Information