San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    analyzing matchups in July, wow..
    FA moratorium hasn't even been lifted yet

In Manu we STILL trust! rayray2k8's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still a long way from finding out, but they wont have to hand it over. It'll probably just get taken away.. Doesn't matter if its from the Spurs or anyone else.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    can't belieave you used capital letters for the le..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Take there back court away and the rest of the team will follow

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Reveling in an NBA championship is SHORT in terms of national attention. Learned this in '99, when the Lakers hired PJ RIGHT after the Spurs won, and he make the * comment, then when the Lakers stole the spotlight with their 4 HOF lineup in '03...the Dubs are learning that lesson now - championships last forever, but the new season (beginning to crown the NEXT champion) starts immediately after the parade.
    All true.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol those ignorant s
    I seem to recall us shutting them down last season

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And the whistling past the graveyard starts in Oakland.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hand it over... hand it over NOW

Enough of that 'they still have to play the games bull !' Cancel the season....book the river parade!

Soak In Your Own Blood BanditHiro's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    to be fair, the Warriors are going to have a hard time playing their small ball line-up that won them the championship against the Spurs. They are going to have to play Bogut which is already slowing down their offense. Spurs were match-up problem for them last year and its ever worse this year. A healthy OKC is still the biggest threat to the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    to be fair, the Warriors are going to have a hard time playing their small ball line-up that won them the championship against the Spurs. They are going to have to play Bogut which is already slowing down their offense. Spurs were match-up problem for them last year and its ever worse this year. A healthy OKC is still the biggest threat to the Spurs.
    so durant and westbrooke alone are a threat to the spurs? Outside of those 2, who do they have? Ibaka can't do anything but hit the open jump shot and if you put a 4 in the game that can hit the open jumper, you can pull him out the paint so he's a non issue on defense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its weird but I was thinking about that the other day when it was announced that West had decided to sign with the Spurs. I feel the signings of West and LaMarcus feel similar to Malone and Payton granted those two were past their primes and the spurs still have LaMarcus in his prime. The Spurs are getting hyped like the '04 Lakers and the Warriors are getting disrespected like the '04 Spurs. I just hope the Spurs don't have the same tragic ending as the '04 Lakers did.
    Good post. Thankfully, I doubt we'll have the infighting or the rape case hanging over our heads. LaMarcus might shoot us out of the series, like Kobe did in the 2004 finals, but I'd bet against it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They sound scared tbh. They don't have to hand it over, the Spurs can just take it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its weird but I was thinking about that the other day when it was announced that West had decided to sign with the Spurs. I feel the signings of West and LaMarcus feel similar to Malone and Payton granted those two were past their primes and the spurs still have LaMarcus in his prime. The Spurs are getting hyped like the '04 Lakers and the Warriors are getting disrespected like the '04 Spurs. I just hope the Spurs don't have the same tragic ending as the '04 Lakers did.
    The lakers could have won that le easily. EASILY. Shaq was shooting 60%. Every time they dumped the ball down to him, he scored. The biggest myth in nba hystory is that Ben Wallace shut shaq down. How do you shut down a man shooting 60% and averaging 18ppg? Kobe destroyed that series. He didn't want shaq getting another finals mvp. Series should have been the lakers easily. I aint mad Kobe shot them out though. We were robbed in game 5 anyway.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's interesting that the press in the Champs' home area feels the need to write an article justifying why they are still better. Guessing there's some fear going on there...
    I'm guessing you are guessing right....they scared.

Earth, Wind, and Fire. BlackSilver's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Actually, I thought these would be the 3 reasons:

1. Our dog ate it.

2. We didn't think you were actually going to come and get it.

3. We've retired from the NBA, so are under no obligation to return it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't get this narrative, that the Spurs have supposedly vaulted themselves back into contention with the Warriors. In reality, they were already fully capable of beating them, though not in the worn down, beat up state we last saw them in.

As has been discussed ad nauseam, they match up well, but far less talked about yet equally apparent, is they're clearly in their heads. I don't know that the Warriors truly believed they could beat the Spurs last season, which is always half the battle.

P Double J R
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Health and chemistry are key for any team to win the le. The spurs have to develop a chemistry by the time the playoffs roll around, and while I will concede the Warriors should be favored because they are the defending champs and deserve that, I still think that Green and Kawhi are two of the best on ball defenders in the league. I think that Harrison Barnes needs to improve if he does the Warriors will get better and barring injuries will have an excellent chance of repeating. But Barnes was a liability for the Warriors during the playoffs and especially in the finals.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ugh all i hear here(im in the bay area) are spurs too old, slow, dubs will outlast the, they cant keep up, nobody stops our small ball etc.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wasn't scared of them this year, certainly won't be next year. I think their 'chip was one of the easiest in a long time, I'm willing to bet they don't even make WCF

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Good post. Thankfully, I doubt we'll have the infighting or the rape case hanging over our heads. LaMarcus might shoot us out of the series, like Kobe did in the 2004 finals, but I'd bet against it.
    The '04 Lakers severly lacked depth & had Devean George as part of the starting 5. Once Malone got injured they had to play Slava Medvedenko!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Season barely ended and these insecure s are already at it.
    They're defending champs, above all else. They deserve some respect.

Yeah, they had an easier run at the le, but so did we in 2013 and we couldn't get it done.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I will concede the Warriors should be favored because they are the defending champs and deserve that
    That's just crap that certain people say cos they have to. Warriors would have lost to the Spurs in the playoffs last playoffs; and the same will likely hold true this upcoming playoffs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They're defending champs, above all else. They deserve some respect.

Yeah, they had an easier run at the le, but so did we in 2013 and we couldn't get it done.
    GS most definitely deserve all the credit. My scorn was directed to them writers.

Thread Information