Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Maryland Terrapins
    Tyrell Wellick is the best character on television right now

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Tyrell Wellick is the best character on television right now
    This is why I think the show has some of the Breaking Bad potential. The richness and development of the other characters. The crazy drug dealer as well.
    IMO, the weakest link is Christian Slater. I guess they wanted one recognizable name but he just isn't that good.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Maryland Terrapins
    This is why I think the show has some of the Breaking Bad potential. The richness and development of the other characters.
    Agree completely, luckily Slater has taken a major backseat in recent episodes

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Agree completely, luckily Slater has taken a major backseat in recent episodes
    For a while, I was thinking(hoping) that Slater was going to turn out to be a hallucination. But I think too many characters have interacted with him for that to be the case.

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    College
    LSU Tigers
    For a while, I was thinking(hoping) that Slater was going to turn out to be a hallucination. But I think too many characters have interacted with him for that to be the case.
    I was thinking the same at first. There is still a theory flying around that Slater IS Elliott, like an alter ego. That one seems far fetched though.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I was thinking the same at first. There is still a theory flying around that Slater IS Elliott, like an alter ego. That one seems far fetched though.
    Hmmm. Yeah...that would be a pretty massive twist with a lot of moving parts. I hope they can keep this up for at least a few seasons. One of the few shows I really look forward to.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    College
    LSU Tigers
    "What True Detective could learn from Mr. Robot, the real best show on television"

http://theweek.com/articles/569910/what-true-detective-could-learn-from-mr-robot-real-best-show-television

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    they got shayla

Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    College
    LSU Tigers
    they got shayla
    Shayla Tribute

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I didn't see that coming!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    This show s on everything right now.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    College
    LSU Tigers
    Wow. Well that ending cleared some things up! It's sad that there are only 2 episodes left.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    damn...I want to read this thread...but I haven't seen the last episode

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    So...did she know he was her bro this whole time? And how did he forget that? That was trippy as .

Also him getting thrown off the railing by Slater now makes perfect sense.

Tyrell is da .

The way he goes from mastermind to maniacal to his wife's is great. Dude has range.

He's like your moderm day Patrick Bateman.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    College
    LSU Tigers
    So...did she know he was her bro this whole time? And how did he forget that? That was trippy as .

Also him getting thrown off the railing by Slater now makes perfect sense.
    Yes, she knew. The scene with her and blondie at the beginning of this episode illustrated that they all grew up together. Elliott and his sister were childhood friends with her, and still are. Elliott is the one who has a hard time remembering things and deciphering fantasy from reality.

Slater (Mr. Robot) throwing Elliott off the railing still doesn't make perfect sense to me, because they still haven't given a clear answer whether Mr. Robot is a hallucination of his father, someone that looks like his father, or the far-fetched idea that it IS his father and is somehow still alive despite claims that he died. So was he pushed by an actual person, or did he jump? I'm still uncertain.

I've read 4 different recaps of last night's episode and every one has a little different perspective. This show keeps me guessing and keeps me on my toes. It's great.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Elliott just became a super unreliable narrator so there is no sure telling the veracity of any scene he is in. Definitely the best show of the summer.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    So was he pushed by an actual person, or did he jump? I'm still uncertain.
    Oh that's a good point. I didn't think of that.

But he didn't act suicidal before so the jumping is suspect at best.

LOL trying to think of a sane explanation to all of this is crazy. I'll just enjoy the mind ing this show is giving me.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    There's more than a little Fight Club in this show, but with enough twists on it to make it original. I just thought Elliott was autistic at first but now I have no idea what his story is. If I had to guess I'd go with childhood mama trauma since I don't remember anything being said about her.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    College
    LSU Tigers
    There's more than a little Fight Club in this show, but with enough twists on it to make it original. I just thought Elliott was autistic at first but now I have no idea what his story is. If I had to guess I'd go with childhood mama trauma since I don't remember anything being said about her.
    They had a flashback scene with kid Elliott and his mom in the morphine withdrawal episode. His mom was definitely a piece of trash, telling Elliott that his father was a weak piece of for "leaving them", although he died thanks to Evil corp.

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Evil corp, is that a nickname that the characters give the company or is it the actual name?

With a brand name like that who would want to make business with them? Specially now since the scandal.

I like this show. It has a lot of things going right for it but I'm not on board with the "is it real or is it not" aspect of the show. Could also do without the junkie part of it.

Otherwise, USA really hit it out of the park for once. Well done.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    College
    LSU Tigers
    Evil corp, is that a nickname that the characters give the company or is it the actual name?

With a brand name like that who would want to make business with them? Specially now since the scandal.

I like this show. It has a lot of things going right for it but I'm not on board with the "is it real or is it not" aspect of the show. Could also do without the junkie part of it.

Otherwise, USA really hit it out of the park for once. Well done.
    It's E Corp. Evil corp is the nickname.

http://mrrobot.wikia.com/wiki/E_Corp

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    They had a flashback scene with kid Elliott and his mom in the morphine withdrawal episode. His mom was definitely a piece of trash, telling Elliott that his father was a weak piece of for "leaving them", although he died thanks to Evil corp.
    Thanks. Will have to find that scene. Probably missed a few things in my binge watching.

I love that E Corp's logo is basically the Enron logo.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    College
    LSU Tigers
    Tyrell Wellick IS Frank Underwood.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Yes, she knew. The scene with her and blondie at the beginning of this episode illustrated that they all grew up together. Elliott and his sister were childhood friends with her, and still are. Elliott is the one who has a hard time remembering things and deciphering fantasy from reality.

Slater (Mr. Robot) throwing Elliott off the railing still doesn't make perfect sense to me, because they still haven't given a clear answer whether Mr. Robot is a hallucination of his father, someone that looks like his father, or the far-fetched idea that it IS his father and is somehow still alive despite claims that he died. So was he pushed by an actual person, or did he jump? I'm still uncertain.

I've read 4 different recaps of last night's episode and every one has a little different perspective. This show keeps me guessing and keeps me on my toes. It's great.
    Good summary there. I think we all kew something was coming. But that was well done. I so hope it doesn't turn out to be your third scenario where his it's really his dad and somehow the body and funeral were all faked. Would seem pretty cheap.

Good call on Patrick Bateman up there. Have been thinking the same. Although this guy actually might be capturing the subtleties better that Bale did.

Thread Information