Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mine is a swift falling off a cliff for Duncan..It has to be expected any time now..Dude will be 40 soon and even if he looked like he is still good for another 3 years in that Clippers series, you can't rule out father time ambushing him..Still think we won't win without him being decent to good..Still his team, tbh
    Last edited by spursistan; 07-09-2015 at 02:18 AM.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man, spurfan can't enjoy anything.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    double post

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Atleast Parker is In the le

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parker is a beast. bag ginobili being in our rotation is biggest fear.

Burn The Thread. Horry Hipcheck's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Beyond injuries and Parker continuing to suck wind, my fears would be a complete collapse of Ginobili's game that leaves the Spurs starving for guard depth behind Danny, and basic "new additions to the team" chemistry woes. Injuries and simple team chemistry are my biggest and most realistic concerns.

That said, I'm still confident that this season is going to be highly enjoyable and I don't plan on robbing myself of any of that enjoyment with needless speculation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ginobili has already had a complete collapse of his game.

tangina ka, though FireMicoHalili's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parker playing well and posters still finding ways to nitpick on his performance. I worry about the website's collective IQ.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Im really only worried about 2 things: 1. Parker dribble dribble. 2. Lack of consistent play in the playoffs. Danny was a no show vs the Clips and Kawhi faded after game 3 or 4. Cant happen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop going senile with his rotations again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Our 3 point shooting is also a bit of question mark..We lost Belli's; Diaw's shot deserted him like Gino; Parker's still seems like a fluke; Green's can be Icy-Hot at the wrong time, Kawhi's is very inconsistent..Hopefully Mills' rebound in a big way from distance with all the spacing he will get..

hope and change
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop going senile with his rotations again.
    this is a definite concern

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Other than Porker an injuries? Easily chemistry, although I think hat will work itself out in time. Also, if we don't sign another Center, our lack of size.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Daisy leaving me for Tom

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    too early to fear anything, tbh... enjoy the ride, and let's see what we look at in January, IMO

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's actually TD for me. He's been an iron man at an unprecedented level this late in his career and this season he will be
    our only true rim protector/shot blocker/center. SOmetimes we are prone to taking his health for granted. Manu, Tony and Kawhi have had their respective share of injuries these past couple of years and the team survived in one way or the other, but other than rest, Timmy has been durable. I think in part at least that was due to the help from other bigs in the rotation dealing with some matches. Baynes was a tough bruiser that handled the few tough, really strong centers for a few minutes a night and wore them down. Tiago was an agile defensive big, who handled the swiftest scoring bigs. While
    we increased our talent level by a lot, none of the other bigs is a defensive player. If Timmy is injured for any stretch, it could be disastrous.

We just picked up Ray McCollum as a 3rd string PG and I personally am a Kyle fan. I tend to think he will be good in the 2nd unit, so I am not too worried about wing depth. Even a d'league guy like Jarrell Eddie might give you some back up 3of shooting in limited minutes. I am hopeful with Kyle bc I watched then both in the d'league an Kyle is a much Bette player. Anyway not concerned.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ Timmy played in 76 games last season, his most since 2011, it would foolish to expect him to replicate that a year older..We are in need or serviceable center to shave off 4 or 5 game total off TD load..He should not see those 40+ min OT games next season under any cir stances..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    too early to fear anything, tbh... enjoy the ride, and let's see what we look at in January, IMO
    I hate the favorite tag that's going to be associated with them Spurs from the get go..i loved more the subterranean, slow-burning drive that propelled our 2014 team to redemption after 6.. it is probably inevitable after making such splash in free agency, but i'm looking for ways to keep feet on the ground: plenty of other things could go not according to the plan even if the above two variables wouldn't factor in that much..

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Pop playing the "loyalty" card

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Daisy leaving me for Tom
    Way to stay in character.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's actually TD for me. He's been an iron man at an unprecedented level this late in his career and this season he will be
    our only true rim protector/shot blocker/center. SOmetimes we are prone to taking his health for granted. Manu, Tony and Kawhi have had their respective share of injuries these past couple of years and the team survived in one way or the other, but other than rest, Timmy has been durable. I think in part at least that was due to the help from other bigs in the rotation dealing with some matches. Baynes was a tough bruiser that handled the few tough, really strong centers for a few minutes a night and wore them down. Tiago was an agile defensive big, who handled the swiftest scoring bigs. While
    we increased our talent level by a lot, none of the other bigs is a defensive player. If Timmy is injured for any stretch, it could be disastrous.

We just picked up Ray McCollum as a 3rd string PG and I personally am a Kyle fan. I tend to think he will be good in the 2nd unit, so I am not too worried about wing depth. Even a d'league guy like Jarrell Eddie might give you some back up 3of shooting in limited minutes. I am hopeful with Kyle bc I watched then both in the d'league an Kyle is a much Bette player. Anyway not concerned.
    You're right of course. We do somewhat take Tim's health for granted. And one more big body would certainly help relieve the strain.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man, spurfan can't enjoy anything.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Getting to the charity stripe

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another slow start in the 1st round, like the one that cost us a le this year, and almost cost us in '14. Thats basically it... Not worried about Duncan, I think people who think this is his last year are crazy. Barring a major injury, he's got 3 left minimum, tbh.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Our 3 point shooting is also a bit of question mark..We lost Belli's; Diaw's shot deserted him like Gino; Parker's still seems like a fluke; Green's can be Icy-Hot at the wrong time, Kawhi's is very inconsistent..Hopefully Mills' rebound in a big way from distance with all the spacing he will get..
    If Spurs 3 point shooting deserts them against Warriors... team is pretty much done. So they've got to shore up this weakness.

Thread Information