Page 5 of 40 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://www.poundingtherock.com/2015/...ban-marjanovic
    here are some comments:
    As Crvena Zvezda fan, from Serbia, I can answer any question you guys have.
    I watched almost every game in the last couple of seasons Bobi played for us.
    First of all, he is a great guy, great teammate.
    Second, almost all of this videos are from 2013/2014, where he showed some promise, but not from his breakout season 2014/2015.

o, i am also a Red Star fan and i hope to answer all of the question about him.
    First of all, he played alot of ICE defence on the pick and roll. In Red Star, he usually gives more ground for the opposing player to take the mid range jumper but he can defend the pick and roll in ICE defense very effectivly and in the Euroleague he managed to contain alot of good PG’s in the pick and roll. I dont know his wingspand but it is huge and it is really difficult to get a shot over him.
    He is mobile for his size – keep in mind, he is no Yao Ming but for his size he is mobile, and he can run the pick and roll, if he gets the ball in the paint close to the basket its money for him. But his real strenght is his post up game which is excellent and i cant see it not to translate to the NBA level simply because of his size. He has a soft hand and jump hook and he also has a couple of pump fakes in his arsenal. He is also a willing passer – not quite there yet but because of all the double teams they have been sending against him this season he had to pick it up fast. He is also a terrific FT shooter and he can knock down the mid range jumper. He didnt take too many of them simply because he cannot do anything else if he has the ball at the free throw line but if he is left open he will shoot it and it is pretty realiable. He also does not box out because it is hard to do that at that size but he is so big and his hands are so big he just picks up the ball on defense, and on offense if nobody boxes him out it is his ball and it usually end with him either getting fouled or getting the putback.
    You will also love his personality. He is a very nice guy, a gentle giant, and a great teammate.
    The problems with him is that he will probably get bullied by strong centers down in the low post who can push him into the paint, he will also probably struggle against explosive guards, he is a bit slow and clunky, but i think he is a low risk – high reward center. He was very dominant in the Euroleague and he bullied Milutinov in both the Adriatic league and the Serbian league. I think he really belongs in the NBA and i am happy that he is in San Antonio and that he will be great with both Diaw and LMA playing alongside him.

I watched Marjanović a lot in the adriatic league and in the euroleague last couple of seasons and i also had the opportunity to watch Baynes while he was in europe in those leagues. What i can say without a doubt that Marjanović for Baynes is Hakeem from his best days. Boban is a late bloomer, two years ago he was just a tall guy, now he has developed extremely in the last couple of seasons. He was MVP of first part of a season in Euroleague, he developed his post up game, he doesn’t jump very high but he really doesn’t need to, he will secure rebounds easy and can intimidate guards going to the basket on defensive end. I think it’s a steal to have him for 2m for one year and most definetly he is upgrade over Baynes
    those are GODLY numbers in the euroleague. Tiago’s stats were less impressive than that in european compe ion.
    Reading this, it sounds crazy to hear that the Spurs were the only ones who wanted to pay the guy. Did people just forget about him? Does he secretly suck?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think that a lot of teams were focused on domestic players and they forgot this guy

I really like this sign, will see how his game translate to the nba with more big guys than in euroleague

What i like is that he have good hands and with his height he would probably be effective in the nba

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "He was very dominant in the Euroleague and he bullied Milutinov in both the Adriatic league and the Serbian league."

I'm feeling emotionally confused about this. Not sure if I has a happy or I has a sad.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, the Divine Treasury is the perfect perfect one.
    Hehe I think most ppl don't know where its from

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Reading this, it sounds crazy to hear that the Spurs were the only ones who wanted to pay the guy. Did people just forget about him? Does he secretly suck?
    I think that the Spurs are ahead of the time when it comes to scouting talent and analytics (example: corner three). RC told Zach Lowe in a podcast that they follow games in Serbian league for example. Also, nobody can guarantee that he will succeed in NBA, there is always a risk.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i like this signing more and more

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think that the Spurs are ahead of the time when it comes to scouting talent and analytics (example: corner three). RC told Zach Lowe in a podcast that they follow games in Serbian league for example. Also, nobody can guarantee that he will succeed in NBA, there is always a risk.

--------------------------------

thanks for the contributions

really appreciate it, makes me appreciate the man more

he is a good character guy you say, thats enough for me

I hope Pop gives him playing time

i hope the Spurs coaching staff work on him right away

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i want more stuff on Marjanovic...i want more videos but its limited

have watched them all already

hes becoming my fav player!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this just shows how far-ranging the Spurs scouts are....

, they probably have scouts observing in Alaska or Norway

they probably already have scouted Pacquaio and have an idea of the soccer skills of Chess champ Magnus Carlsen!

lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nope! Serbian women are fierce and very proud. Fame has more appeal than money to them, but make no mistake she's the boss at home. They'll go after money, but not out of desperation.

Translation: Boban Marjanović and his better third.
    maybe better quarter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Most women from those countries are desperate for money and to get out of the hole they live in, tbh.
    this just shows how far-ranging the Spurs scouts are....

, they probably have scouts observing in Alaska or Norway

they probably already have scouted Pacquaio and have an idea of the soccer skills of Chess champ Magnus Carlsen!

lol
    Pop and RC (and the whole Spurs org) are very respected in Europe. They are considered an NBA franchise who takes genuine chances on non US players and the one organisation where foreign players have a level playing field. For that reason I am sure they are getting a lot more info and early intel on players' developments. Coaches are more likely to recommend their projects to franchises where they'll get an honest chance.

808s & Heartbreak Kool Bob Love's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know hardly anything about this dude but I'm pumped to see him play just because of how much hes going to dwarf everyone
    I feel the same.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop and RC (and the whole Spurs org) are very respected in Europe. They are considered an NBA franchise who takes genuine chances on non US players and the one organisation where foreign players have a level playing field. For that reason I am sure they are getting a lot more info and early intel on players' developments. Coaches are more likely to recommend their projects to franchises where they'll get an honest chance.

indeed, agree

808s & Heartbreak Kool Bob Love's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah but like LMA he doesn't want to play Center

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i just hope they show lots of videos of the Classics

he would learn a lot from them

---------------------------

example, for offensive moves, he could learn from Kareem Abdul Jabbbar

for defense, Bill Russell

for ability to play in the post, Hakeem

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    is this the strongest Spurs roster ever?

compares favorably with 1999, 2003 and 2014

what do you think gentlemen?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    GTFO! Wow. Tou know what they say about the size of a dude's ears. Must be true tbqh.
    At 7'4 his hooey is probably as big as Parker.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    is this the strongest Spurs roster ever?

compares favorably with 1999, 2003 and 2014

what do you think gentlemen?
    Will depend on how good Boban actually is. Actually, will boil down to how quick his feet will be defending the pick and roll.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i want more stuff on Marjanovic...i want more videos but its limited

have watched them all already

hes becoming my fav player!!
    Then you should watch Eurobasket in august. 99% he will play http://www.eurobasket2015.org/en/default.asp

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    --------------------------------

thanks for the contributions

really appreciate it, makes me appreciate the man more

he is a good character guy you say, thats enough for me

I hope Pop gives him playing time

i hope the Spurs coaching staff work on him right away

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Most women from those countries are desperate for money and to get out of the hole they live in, tbh.
    Patently false tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Czechs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really want to see the Boban-Bobo combo loco

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hehe I think most ppl don't know where its from
    After explaining the whole "Church of..." Thing and showing her a picture of Bobi, I showed this thread to my wife and she laughed her ass off.

Thread Information