Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Ford is the Best in Texas scottspurs's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Nice deal for both sides. Dez gets nice signing bonus and guaranteed money. Cowboys keep cap hold well under what megatron money would have been.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

Not on the owners side, and certainly not Jerrah Jones.
    That having been said, in cases like this were said asshat has already been paid and is a multimillionaire, i would love to see some guy off the street take his place and go to a Bowl.

Last full of himself WR to pull this was Vincent Jackson.
    Same number of rings as Dez Bryant.

As to the fumble that kept them out of the NFC Champ game, learn the rules slacker.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I wonder if the threat of collusion charges by the nflpa against cowboys/broncos had anything to do with this.

Oh well. I think the Cowboys are stupid for overpaying a WR but it is what it is
    Kinda like the Eagles s ing out big money to not one, but two injury prone and in Murray's case, fumble prone rbs. Guess Philly has to hope that Mathews and Murray are not injured at the same time.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    Kinda like the Eagles s ing out big money to not one, but two injury prone and in Murray's case, fumble prone rbs. Guess Philly has to hope that Mathews and Murray are not injured at the same time.
    Yeah Philly probably overpaid a bit but a lot of GMs are finally realizing you don't overpay for RBs and WRs.

But funny though that the boys didn't want to pay Murray that extra $2 million a year as a free agent but they gave it to Dez who was already locked up under contract.

Just when I thought the Joneses were starting to look like RC and Pop they revert back to their old Jerrah ways

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Nice deal for both sides. Dez gets nice signing bonus and guaranteed money. Cowboys keep cap hold well under what megatron money would have been.
    Yup, fair deal for both sides. Smh@ all the Cowboys fans who called Dez every name in the book over this

Haters gona hate.

They weren't raising a fuss when them white boys got paid.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Yeah Philly probably overpaid a bit but a lot of GMs are finally realizing you don't overpay for RBs and WRs.

But funny though that the boys didn't want to pay Murray that extra $2 million a year as a free agent but they gave it to Dez who was already locked up under contract.

Just when I thought the Joneses were starting to look like RC and Pop they revert back to their old Jerrah ways
    Difference being. is Murray has a bad fumbling problem, and last year was his only really huge year. Dez is widely considered the best wr in the NFL now. You also need to keep up with Jones. Stephen Jones runs the Cowboys now, and Jerry and co. do not throw out big, ridiculous, contracts anymore. They're much more frugal with their money now.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    Difference being. is Murray has a bad fumbling problem, and last year was his only really huge year. Dez is widely considered the best wr in the NFL now. You also need to keep up with Jones. Stephen Jones runs the Cowboys now, and Jerry and co. do not throw out big, ridiculous, contracts anymore. They're much more frugal with their money now.
    Right, I recall who won gm/executive of the year. Stephejerrah Jones.

Like I said, they were looking Spurs frugal when they went and threw away money on Dez imo.

The Cowboys absolutely had no reason to cave to Dez. They held the winning hand, knew they had the winning have but folded any way.

Post Count
    hope he breaks his back first play of preason he plays in

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I can see where the FO is coming from with Murray. This was his first relatively healthy season. He did have a TON of carries, and that kind of wear and tear isn't good for a RB. Statistics prove that when a RB gets that kind of a load there is a huge drop off the next season. They also think that Murray was kind of a by-product have the O-line. You can kind of see their point there because, again, Murray had a big season with several all-pro lineman and was kept healthy. They figure a running back by committee approach can match Murray's production from last season. All valid points and concerns for not throwing big money at Murray.

Also, if they paid Murray then it would have been more difficult to retain Dez. They had to choose, and they went with the guy who has been consistently one of the best at his position. He's a leader in the locker room, and a leader on the field. He's also had three straight years of 1200+ receiving yards and 10+ TD's. Michael Irvin only had one season like that in his entire career. Dez also leads the NFL in TD's scored in the last 5 years. I say he's worth the contract.

I disagree with the assertion that the Cowboys' FO "caved." They were close to a long-term agreement in the middle of the season, but Dez hired the Roc Nation guys and interrupted the negotiations. So, it's not like the Cowboys weren't trying to lock him up long-term. Both sides wanted this to happen, and it did. The Cowboys have Super Bowl aspirations, and not giving Dez a contract extension would have messed those up. You don't risk that over a contract you're planning to give.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    I disagree with the assertion that the Cowboys' FO "caved."
    I don't know what else you call when a player has little to no leverage but gets his way.

I bet the Patriots would have told him to play with the contract he's got or go himself.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I don't know what else you call when a player has little to no leverage but gets his way.

I bet the Patriots would have told him to play with the contract he's got or go himself.
    Except the Patriots did the same exact thing with their kicker...

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...land/30202687/

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    All of those players are overpaid with the exception of Durant. Lets be honest, you only like Roc Nation because it's a black agency.
    if their players are overpaid, that means their agency is doing a really good job tbh

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    if their players are overpaid, that means their agency is doing a really good job tbh
    It's not about if the agency is good or not , but them being a hinderance on the teams their players play for.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    Except the Patriots did the same exact thing with their kicker...

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...land/30202687/
    " The New England Patriots' franchise player, Gostkowski replaced his one-year, $4.59 million tender Wednesday with a four-year, $17.2 million deal, according to ESPN."

You know what $17.2 divided by 4 is?

Believe.
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    There's only a few guys in the league that are worth big money and Dez is one. Especially to the Cowboys offense.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    " The New England Patriots' franchise player, Gostkowski replaced his one-year, $4.59 million tender Wednesday with a four-year, $17.2 million deal, according to ESPN."

You know what $17.2 divided by 4 is?
    Good luck watching the Eagles "all NFL injured list" backfield this year In Bradford, Murray, and Mathews, that's almost a combined 20 million dollars worth of oft injured starters in your backfield. Not to mention even if Bradford can some how stay healthy, who is he going to throw to? Riley Cooper? Doesn't Philly also replace 3 starter on the Oline as well? And you're trying to troll cowboy fans? GTFO

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    Good luck watching the Eagles "all NFL injured list" backfield this year In Bradford, Murray, and Mathews, that's almost a combined 20 million dollars worth of oft injured starters in your backfield. Not to mention even if Bradford can some how stay healthy, who is he going to throw to? Riley Cooper? Doesn't Philly also replace 3 starter on the Oline as well? And you're trying to troll cowboy fans? GTFO
    No holds barred burns

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    NFC East:

Dallas: 13-3
    New York: 10-6
    Washington: 6-10

I forgot who the 4th team is, but they'll probably win 4 or 5 maybe

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    How does he feel about what Roc Nation has planned for one of the cornerstone pieces of the Cowboys franchise?

"They sold me on their commitment to have an associate in Dez that makes them proud, that makes Dez proud to be associated with them, and that makes Roc Nation proud,” Jerry Jones said. “I see that. I see they have a lot to gain and a lot to lose by giving good advice and by helping not only athletes but having entertainers reach their goals and, if you will, keep the money they earn. They’re good at it. They have the perfect textbook. It’s called their book. So they’re good at it. They’re genuine at it and I’m very, very impressed.”During a Thursday morning radio interview on 105.3 The Fan [KRLD-FM], the Cowboys owner told the New School show that Jay-Z was not personally involved with the contract negotiations, but he was involved with the “painting of the picture of off the field decisions.”

That's’s where Jay-Z is such an example,” Jerry Jones said. “The main thing is that people listen to him. Dez listens to him. Dez will listen to him. Why? We all should listen to him, he’s had tremendous success apart from being a great talent.”

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/20...c-nation.html/
    So much for Stephen being in charge of things.

Roooooofffl Jerry. He's like a teenage groupie when high profile entertainers and athletes come around.

Cowboys back to doing Cowboy things by overpaying players that they don't have to overpay.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    NFC East:

Dallas: 13-3
    New York: 10-6
    Washington: 6-10

I forgot who the 4th team is, but they'll probably win 4 or 5 maybe
    Ohhhh you know exactly where a certain league leading rusher went.

When he left you probably cried in your semen stained Murray jersey before ripping it up and cursing the Eagles to lowest levels of imo

Believe.
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    This is a Dez thread, why is defumble being discussed?

in pumped.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    Why are the eagles being brought up for det matter?

Thread Information