Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

swagboy family, i have been patient but jerry is starting to drag this out way too long now. pay the man already.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Yup, playing hardball w/ the wrong guy. But they get extorted by Scan and triple his salary no questions asked after he makes a scene?

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    this guy

swagboy family, i have been patient but jerry is starting to drag this out way too long now. pay the man already.
    Dez needs to take the $12,000,000 and go play. Make a point next season but for now, take the money and maybe contend for a SB.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Dez needs to take the $12,000,000 and go play. Make a point next season but for now, take the money and maybe contend for a SB.
    12 million is like 3 million below the top paid too iirc.. it's not like he's getting pennies out there

coffee is for closers Infinite_limit's Avatar
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    OMG ! ! !

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    A deal will be done by Wednesday. Book it.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

Fish breaks it down well here:

http://www.scout.com/nfl/cowboys/sto...stions-answers

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    nah. he's our best player and should be taken care of. its in both parties best interests too sign a multiyear deal sooner rather than later.

nah. he's our best player and should be taken care of. its in both parties best interests too sign a multiyear deal sooner rather than later.
    I agree it's in everyone's best interest to sign something. But short of that, it's in Dez's best interest to take the money and play. He's not going to get that 12,000,000 back very quickly.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I agree it's in everyone's best interest to sign something. But short of that, it's in Dez's best interest to take the money and play. He's not going to get that 12,000,000 back very quickly.
    first off, its a pleasure to talk football with you without the trolling

and yea i understand dez should sign the tag but what if he doesn't? then he misses camp(not a big deal) and some regular season games(big deal)

remember when emmitt went through the same ordeal and he held out into the regular season until jerry caved? its just another distraction that we don't need. i would really like to know how far apart they are on the numbers.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I can understand Dez skipping camp, but I don't see him missing any games. It doesn't make sense $$$ wise to skip games. However, I still say a deal gets done by the deadline. It benefits both sides.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    What a bunch of bull , the cat will get his $$$$$. Why all this silly .....???

My Team
    Houston Texans
    Post Count
    He dropped the ball when it mattered most and he wants to get paid more than they're offering? GTFOH...

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    The deal will get done. Look what happened with Emmitt back in the day. He sat two games following the year he rang and won the rushing le. Dallas opened the season losing two games. Jerry finally caved, Emmitt came back, the team got back on track, and they repeated.

Jerry knows Dez is a rare talent and he's learned over the years not to blow ridiculous contracts on just any player. Dez will get paid by Wednesday.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    The deal will get done. Look what happened with Emmitt back in the day. He sat two games following the year he rang and won the rushing le. Dallas opened the season losing two games. Jerry finally caved, Emmitt came back, the team got back on track, and they repeated.

Jerry knows Dez is a rare talent and he's learned over the years not to blow ridiculous contracts on just any player. Dez will get paid by Wednesday.
    Times have changed. The way I understand it Dez can't negotiate after 15 Jul like Emmitt did back in the day. What I don't know is whether he can sign the tag after 15 Jul? Not sure and hope I'm wrong.

first off, its a pleasure to talk football with you without the trolling

and yea i understand dez should sign the tag but what if he doesn't? then he misses camp(not a big deal) and some regular season games(big deal)

remember when emmitt went through the same ordeal and he held out into the regular season until jerry caved? its just another distraction that we don't need. i would really like to know how far apart they are on the numbers.
    Switching so my posts are more visible. Same here.

I agree. The distraction is bad. And the Cowboys will not have a chance without Dez. But that's $12,000,000 he's giving up. For his own good, he should take it and play his ass off. He'll come out looking like the bigger man. And if he has a good year and takes them a long way, then he's got even more negotiating power. And maybe a SB ring. Imagine Jerry trying to pull this again if that happened. But yeah...would rather see him get paid and be happy for the season.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Times have changed. The way I understand it Dez can't negotiate after 15 Jul like Emmitt did back in the day. What I don't know is whether he can sign the tag after 15 Jul? Not sure and hope I'm wrong.

I believe he still can sign his tender after the 15th but can't negotiate a long term extension .with one day to go looks like dez is gonna sit out unless jerry caves and gives him megaton money

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I believe he still can sign his tender after the 15th but can't negotiate a long term extension .with one day to go looks like dez is gonna sit out unless jerry caves and gives him megaton money
    Thanks man. Dallas has been much better at the contracts they have been handing out as of late. There has to be something we don't know about Dez that's making them hesitate to pay him because his on field play absolutely warrants it. He'll lose anywhere from $750K-$800K/game if he holds out. That's a lot of dough to lose because you don't want to sign a $13M franchise tag. That being said, I bet he'll cave.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    He's a wide receiver for starters and two, he has absolutely no leverage here.

him.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    Thanks man. Dallas has been much better at the contracts they have been handing out as of late. There has to be something we don't know about Dez that's making them hesitate to pay him because his on field play absolutely warrants it. He'll lose anywhere from $750K-$800K/game if he holds out. That's a lot of dough to lose because you don't want to sign a $13M franchise tag. That being said, I bet he'll cave.
    His agents are part of JayZ's crew. They're idiots for not telling him to just shut up and play.

He's a wide receiver for starters and two, he has absolutely no leverage here.

him.
    He has plenty of leverage. Sitting out significantly hurts the Cowboys chances. But he has to be willing to lose out himself. Which is why they just need to get something done. If he signs, it's win/win. If he sits out, it's lose/lose.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    He has plenty of leverage. Sitting out significantly hurts the Cowboys chances. But he has to be willing to lose out himself. Which is why they just need to get something done. If he signs, it's win/win. If he sits out, it's lose/lose.
    Neh, Dez comes out wayyyy worse on the lose/lose side of things. He's a wide receiver which GMs are finally figuring out is the most over valued position on the team.

I think the Cowboys would be fools to not call his bluff

Neh, Dez comes out wayyyy worse on the lose/lose side of things. He's a wide receiver which GMs are finally figuring out is the most over valued position on the team.

I think the Cowboys would be fools to not call his bluff
    maybe leaguewide, WR is overvalued. but not when the WR is one of the top few in the league and your #1 playmaker.
    I will say that Dez runs the risk of losing value if the Cowboys manage to do well. But he's a game changer at WR.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    His agents are part of JayZ's crew. They're idiots for not telling him to just shut up and play.
    When he signed with Jay-Z I immediately started worrying about him re-signing longterm.

Thread Information