Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still no number, david? Just let me know when you're done running from the question.
    Still making straw men?

Listen david, this thread isn't going good for you. Why don't you go start a thread talking about how Christian bakers are destroying this country?
    Listen Sissy, this thread isn't going well for you. Why don't you go start building straw men in a cornfield where they might be effective?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Which question did I not answer?
    What is your problem?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm still waiting, david. How many mass sexual executions will it take for you to admit that primitive islam and the sub-humans that practice it are a problem?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm still waiting, david. How many mass sexual executions will it take for you to admit that primitive islam and the sub-humans that practice it are a problem?
    A straw man is a common form of argument and is an informal fallacy based on giving the impression of refuting an opponent's argument, while actually refuting an argument which was not advanced by that opponent.[1]

The so-called typical "attacking a straw man" argument creates the illusion of having completely refuted or defeated an opponent's proposition by covertly replacing it with a different proposition (i.e., "stand up a straw man") and then to refute or defeat that false argument ("knock down a straw man") instead of the original proposition.[2][3]

This technique has been used throughout history in polemical debate, particularly in arguments about highly charged emotional issues where a fiery, entertaining "battle" and the defeat of an "enemy" may be more valued than critical thinking or understanding both sides of the issue.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still no number, david?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still no number, david?
    A straw man is a common form of argument and is an informal fallacy based on giving the impression of refuting an opponent's argument, while actually refuting an argument which was not advanced by that opponent.[1]

The so-called typical "attacking a straw man" argument creates the illusion of having completely refuted or defeated an opponent's proposition by covertly replacing it with a different proposition (i.e., "stand up a straw man") and then to refute or defeat that false argument ("knock down a straw man") instead of the original proposition.[2][3]

This technique has been used throughout history in polemical debate, particularly in arguments about highly charged emotional issues where a fiery, entertaining "battle" and the defeat of an "enemy" may be more valued than critical thinking or understanding both sides of the issue.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still no number, david?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What is your problem?
    Already answered

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We don't know the shooter's motivation to blame it on his religion. I remember someone saying the same thing when racist sawm Dillon roof killed the Charleston 9.
    meh. if we're going to jump to conclusions when a white guy kills people, why cant we do it here?

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count

Artful Dodger is a nimble and elusive Warrior. When strongly attacked he changes the subject with a diversionary counterattack. For example, if in a moment of pique his opponent refers to him to him as a "sonofa ", Artful Dodger will not only demand a public apology for the insult to his own mother, but will castigate his opponent on behalf all mothers everywhere. Knowing full well that staying on topic works to his disadvantage, Artful Dodger will not allow himself to be pinned down.

Like his Congressional namesake, Filibuster attempts to influence the forum simply by holding the floor. His monotonous hectoring and prodigious output of verbiage rapidly clears the field of other Warriors.

The most common variants of Ideologueare conservative and liberal. Smug and self satisfied in their cer udes, Ideologue's opinions are merely a loose collection of intellectual conceits, and e is genuinely astonished, bewildered and and indignant that his views are not universally embraced as the Truth. He regards the opposing point of view as a form of cognitive dissonance whose only cure is relentless propagandizing and browbeating. The conservative iteration of Ideologue parades himself as a logical, clear thinker, while the liberal version trumpets his higher level of mental, spiritual and social awareness.

Nitpick compensates for his limited fighting ability by pouncing on points that are only marginally relevant to the discussion. For example, if his opponent in a sports forum conflict casually mentioned the Cubs' 4-2 victory in the 1908 World Series, Nitpick would quickly counterattack with something like, "4-2 !? Any moron knows the Cubs won the Series 4-1! Someone so ignorant about baseball history can't possibly know anything about salary caps!" Even if the minor point is conceded by his opponent Nitpick will return to it whenever the battle turns against him. Though weak, Nitpick is very tenacious and will never admit defeat. Nitpick is a close ally of Artful Dodger.

For Tireless Rebutter there is no such thing as a trivial dispute. He regards all challenges as barbarians at the gates. His unflagging tenacity in making his points numbs and eventually wears down the opposition. Confident that his arguments are sound, Tireless Rebutter can't understand why he is universally loathed.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Still no number, david?
    Weak sauce

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know. David simply refuses to give me a number.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was talking about you, genius.

Keep pitching that straw. CN will still love you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Artful Dodger is a nimble and elusive Warrior. When strongly attacked he changes the subject with a diversionary counterattack. For example, if in a moment of pique his opponent refers to him to him as a "sonofa ", Artful Dodger will not only demand a public apology for the insult to his own mother, but will castigate his opponent on behalf all mothers everywhere. Knowing full well that staying on topic works to his disadvantage, Artful Dodger will not allow himself to be pinned down.

Like his Congressional namesake, Filibuster attempts to influence the forum simply by holding the floor. His monotonous hectoring and prodigious output of verbiage rapidly clears the field of other Warriors.

The most common variants of Ideologueare conservative and liberal. Smug and self satisfied in their cer udes, Ideologue's opinions are merely a loose collection of intellectual conceits, and e is genuinely astonished, bewildered and and indignant that his views are not universally embraced as the Truth. He regards the opposing point of view as a form of cognitive dissonance whose only cure is relentless propagandizing and browbeating. The conservative iteration of Ideologue parades himself as a logical, clear thinker, while the liberal version trumpets his higher level of mental, spiritual and social awareness.

Nitpick compensates for his limited fighting ability by pouncing on points that are only marginally relevant to the discussion. For example, if his opponent in a sports forum conflict casually mentioned the Cubs' 4-2 victory in the 1908 World Series, Nitpick would quickly counterattack with something like, "4-2 !? Any moron knows the Cubs won the Series 4-1! Someone so ignorant about baseball history can't possibly know anything about salary caps!" Even if the minor point is conceded by his opponent Nitpick will return to it whenever the battle turns against him. Though weak, Nitpick is very tenacious and will never admit defeat. Nitpick is a close ally of Artful Dodger.

For Tireless Rebutter there is no such thing as a trivial dispute. He regards all challenges as barbarians at the gates. His unflagging tenacity in making his points numbs and eventually wears down the opposition. Confident that his arguments are sound, Tireless Rebutter can't understand why he is universally loathed.

None of this applies here.

Except your being an ideologue.

Sorry.

Keep trying.

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    None of this applies here.

Except your being an ideologue.

Sorry.

Keep trying.
    All of those descriptions apply perfectly to your posting style, David.

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count

Why didn't you do your usual "Who's David?" schtick in this post, David? Freudian slip?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why didn't you do your usual "Who's David?" schtick in this post, David? Freudian slip?
    Do you miss it, Claudia?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I'm still waiting for a number, david. Or is there no amount of sexual executions committed in the name of savage islam that will ever convince you that their primitive culture and religion are a problem? That's pretty ed up, david. Tell us more about how Christian bakers are destroying the World again?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    David simply forgot CN, please don't pick on him. He's been getting it from both ends today. Not only in this thread, but in at least one other one that I saw.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    An arbitrary number is irrelevant. So is your use of the name.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Obsession confirmed.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Did I ever tell you guys how I know 100% that chump is David kimbrell? Everyone saw the Facebook but David kimbrell also had a MySpace page full of Austin Toros pictures that has since been deleted. And I know SA210 didn't create it himself because the join date was like 2006. So not only did they already suspect it was him but the odds of another Autist in Austin being that obsessed with the Toros is nil.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    An arbitrary number is irrelevant. So is your use of the name.
    Obsession confirmed.
    Obsession? You're the one double posting so you can be a semen shield for david, tbh.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Even weaker. :facepalm

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No . SupremeGuy, just back out of the thread. You're so far gone it's embarrassing.

Thread Information