42 84.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who would you rather have and why?

Advanced

Glossary · SHARE · Embed · CSV · Export · PRE · LINK · ?

Rk Player From To G MP PER TS% 3PAr FTr ORB% DRB% TRB% AST% STL% BLK% TOV% USG% OWS DWS WS WS/48 OBPM DBPM BPM VORP
    1 Jimmer Fredette 2012 2015 229 3130 12.6 .524 .404 .171 1.8 6.8 4.2 16.8 1.5 0.3 13.9 22.0 2.2 0.2 2.4 .037 -0.2 -3.8 -4.0 -1.6
    2 Ray McCallum 2014 2015 113 2333 11.4 .474 .221 .165 3.5 9.0 6.3 21.2 1.5 0.7 13.1 17.9 0.8 0.9 1.7 .036 -1.1 -1.5 -2.6 -0.4

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As a PG, McCallum. As a SG, Jimmer.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    why?

Coming Off The Bench TheGoldStandard's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any of those above Williams

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Voted for Ray but like them as a (3rd string) tandem together.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought this was going to be another Ray Allen thread

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Voted Jimmer...not sold in Ray tbqh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ray has proven he belongs in the NBA (even if it's only as a 3rd PG). Jimmer hasn't even proven that yet. Easy choice.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You serious..?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes. Both are quite bad as defenders, but I think Jimmer has the better offensive skill set to thrive in this system. He moves well without the ball and should benefit significantly from the spacing created by the other players on the floor..Maybe I'm overrating the amount of space and open looks that Jimmer will benefit from in this system, but you don't forget how to shoot and score the way Jimmer did in college. Also working against Ray is the fact that he'll need the ball in his hands to be effective. With three lead guards in front of him on the depth chart, I'm not sure how much time he'll get to prove himself tbqh.

I could absolutely be wrong, but I don't think it's ridiculous to suggest Jimmer will be better.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sold on this performance???? Are you freak'n blind?! Like comparing a Westbrook highlight reel to a Steve Kerr highlight reel.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sold on this performance???? Are you freak'n blind?! Like comparing a Westbrook highlight reel to a Steve Kerr highlight reel.

That performance reminds me a bit of CoJo with better passing and decision making. Granted, its the Lakers, but we saw him get shots for himself and teammates. I haven't seen Jimmer play recently but he didn't get much opportunities last year. I voted McCallum bc he was playing well toward the end of last season and seemed to be finding his game.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes. Both are quite bad as defenders, but I think Jimmer has the better offensive skill set to thrive in this system. He moves well without the ball and should benefit significantly from the spacing created by the other players on the floor..Maybe I'm overrating the amount of space and open looks that Jimmer will benefit from in this system, but you don't forget how to shoot and score the way Jimmer did in college. Also working against Ray is the fact that he'll need the ball in his hands to be effective. With three lead guards in front of him on the depth chart, I'm not sure how much time he'll get to prove himself tbqh.

I could absolutely be wrong, but I don't think it's ridiculous to suggest Jimmer will be better.
    Just because you say he needs the ball in his hands to effective doesn't mean he isn't the better player. I thought this was about who was the better player(not just the better fit for us). Even then, I still think Ray has him beat for that as well imo. We'll just have to see.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The poll should be (Reggie Williams or Jimmer)??? Cuz that's what it will come down too @ training camp....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As a PG, McCallum. As a SG, Jimmer.
    /thread

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I watched Jimmer and Ray on the Kings. Jimmer was much better. But he was never gonna fit in with his racist teammates who chose to freeze him out. And that's why when Ray came in, it was relatively easy for him to surpass Jimmer on the depth chart. But at no time did Ray show the flashes of brilliance that Jimmer showed.

#truthbomb

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

If I called this hyperbole, I'd probably be giving you too much credit.

A. McCallum is not fast by PG standards; and I wouldn't even say he's faster with the ball than Jimmer.
    B. Jimmer is much more of a playmaker than Kerr ever was. Kerr was simply a spot up shooter. Jimmer was in the 94th percentile in pick n' roll efficiency.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Using highlight reels to justify your position honestly doesn't help your case. If you look at the comparison of their careers, both have been below average professionals. Statistically, Jimmer has been slightly better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just because you say he needs the ball in his hands to effective doesn't mean he isn't the better player. I thought this was about who was the better player(not just the better fit for us). Even then, I still think Ray has him beat for that as well imo. We'll just have to see.
    Even if Ray is more talented, which is up for debate, I think the spirit of the debate is who will be better on the Spurs. Both will be role players on the team. I just think he has a better chance at succeeding in his role than Ray.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There wasn't anything in that video that should lead one to mention Westbrook.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah, who wants a multi-year champion over a great athlete who hasn't won or ever will win a ring.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nathan if you had to compare his game to an NBA player , past or current, who would you compare it to? I only ask you personally because I feel you are one of the most knowledgable Spurs fans on this site .

Eagerly await your response,

steeledl

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bernie sanders video is repulsive

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nathan if you had to compare his game to an NBA player , past or current, who would you compare it to? I only ask you personally because I feel you are one of the most knowledgable Spurs fans on this site .

Eagerly await your response,

steeledl
    Darren Collison but his shot isn't as good as his.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Darren Collison but his shot isn't as good as his.
    Do you think it could be in the future ?

Thread Information