Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Already 24 years old, not much development left to be had here.
    The game now is more complex that has ever been. It takes at least 4 years after high school and 2 years in the pros for a lot of players to figure it out. Simmons is a rookie and he's already 25 years old. Spurs are doing the right thing by almost always stashing 1st round picks in Europe. Most first rounders aren't worth the rookie salary scale. It's like paying for someone millions for 2-4 years just so that they can figure out how to play. Absolutely a waste of money!

Take Cory Joseph as an example, barely every played in the playoffs, but after playing for Spurs for 3 years all the investment goes to another team that acquired him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Plus if he hasn't played much at 24 = low impact, can still have a long career with the proper development.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Next Nazr Mohammed

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Next Nazr Mohammed
    at least, but probably quite a bit more

Der Willis der Spurs wird siegen! FlAVaK's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Hope the kid pans out. Spurs will be in the market for another end of the bench center next season.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Disagree. You want to get your franchise players young, but if the Spurs get even 2 useful seasons out of Ndoye as a 4th or 5th big, that's a great return on a D-League contract.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if he plays with movement, aggressivity, shot blocking, soft touch mid ranger, finisher for the Spurs like he does in those college, euro highlights, he's much more than Austin filler.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Less true for guys like him that start playing organized basketball later in life, perhaps.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good to see Spurs ac ulating projects for the center position. These guys are expensive when they become serviceable, just look at how much they paid Baynes.

Better for Spurs to be building up a pipeline rather than paying premium in the open market.

The guys in the pipeline:

Marjanovic (already in the team)
    Multinov (21 years old, but stashed in Europe)
    Ndoye (24 playing in the D-league)
    Lalanne (more of a PF in size but with 7'5" wingspan, 2nd round draft likely to be stashed somewhere)

Anyone else in the list ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He looked good as the SL progressed.

Big fella with some upside. Under our / Austin development guys he can get better.

No risk deal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jimmer and Ndoye finna take Austin to the da ship
    I highly doubt that Jimmer plays for Austin. He'll either be in SA or Europe, where he can make much more than dleague money.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Very ignorant comment

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Disagree. You want to get your franchise players young, but if the Spurs get even 2 useful seasons out of Ndoye as a 4th or 5th big, that's a great return on a D-League contract.
    This. If you're signing undrafted guys for the D League, they don't have to project as franchise players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs have so much depth at PF/C that inviting quality bigmen to training camp seems unnecessary. Using these spots on future Toros players is a smart move and Ndoye looks like a fine signing for a D-League player/prospect.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs have so much depth at PF/C that inviting quality bigmen to training camp seems unnecessary. Using these spots on future Toros players is a smart move and Ndoye looks like a fine signing for a D-League player/prospect.
    If Spurs can create a development pipeline where Toro players come into the NBA prepared then it a major advantage. There are three players that have come out of that pipeline that I know of, Bryce Cotton, Jamychal Green and Jonathon Simmons.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Spurs can create a development pipeline where Toro players come into the NBA prepared then it a major advantage. There are three players that have come out of that pipeline that I know of, Bryce Cotton, Jamychal Green and Jonathon Simmons.
    If I'm not mistaken, not a single player coming from Austin has had some kind of NBA impact since Spurs brought them 8 years ago. If Simmons do well with Spurs, he will be the first one.

As it stands, D-League can't be a place to develop future NBA players. Salaries are just too low for that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Holy , that is big.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If I'm not mistaken, not a single player coming from Austin has had some kind of NBA impact since Spurs brought them 8 years ago. If Simmons do well with Spurs, he will be the first one.

As it stands, D-League can't be a place to develop future NBA players. Salaries are just too low for that.
    Kind of depends on what one means by impact, but I do agree about the salaries.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kind of depends on what one means by impact, but I do agree about the salaries.
    I means a player being a rotation NBA player (10-15mpg) for at least a couple of years. I'm not including players that are send to Austin while being under contract with Spurs.

I don't remember a player fitting that description.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's very raw. Austin will probably work for him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

How about Danny Green?

Thread Information