San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That spot is for Jimmer

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That spot is for Jimmer
    Miller is 6'8", despite being old, he is a proven knock down shooter. Spurs should sign miller up to camp to evaluate him. Last year he didn't do well with the Cavs, but in the previous year with the Griz, he averaged 24 minutes per game in the playoffs.

Oh.... I'm assuming he gets waived though.

Teach me how to Jimmer playjimmer's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Miller is 6'8", despite being old, he is a proven knock down shooter. Spurs should sign miller up to camp to evaluate him. Last year he didn't do well with the Cavs, but in the previous year with the Griz, he averaged 24 minutes per game in the playoffs.

Oh.... I'm assuming he gets waived though.
    no use. the 15th spot will be Jimmer's.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd offer him the same contract and opportunity as Jimmer. Resolve it in camp.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's not coming here tbqh. He'll get a fully guaranteed deal to play in OKC or Memphis.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just give Eddie the spot and call it an off season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's not coming here tbqh. He'll get a fully guaranteed deal to play in OKC or Memphis.
    This. Mike Miller is not at the place, yet, where he will accept a partial guarantee, and the Spurs won't give him a fully guaranteed deal with young developable players competing for that 15th spot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nobody is being "given" anything. Fredette was signing #15, and Ndoye was signing #16. I expect a few more signings, which may or may not include Jarrell Eddie, to bring the numbers up to around the allowable 20 for camp. Signings 15 - 20 will all be competing for one spot.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Eddie needs a year of seasoning with the Toros.

He also prove to the Spurs that he has the work ethic. Eddie gifted with a shooting touch appears to be lazy as on the other side of the court.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nobody is being "given" anything. Fredette was signing #15, and Ndoye was signing #16. I expect a few more signings, which may or may not include Jarrell Eddie, to bring the numbers up to around the allowable 20 for camp. Signings 15 - 20 will all be competing for one spot.
    Last year there were a ton of players in camp (Jonathon Simmons wasn't one of them). Bryce Cotton, Josh Davis, Jamychal Green, John Holland.

Whatever happened to Josh Davis (KL clone) anyway?

Googled... looks like this is what happened to him: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2hrl9a

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know that we are probably going to need more expert shooting in the playoff situation (kind of insurance on Icy/Hot Green), but Miller looks to be finished in the sense he can't stay on court on anymore with his late spate of injuries..Let's just how Simmons/KA duo fare first and then maybe look at other options available in buyout period after February..Those 6-8 minutes Belli used to fill in with the occasional crucial, lead-protecting 3 will be missed somewhere,IMO...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Better option than jimmer for sure, we need another who can play sf...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They still haven't cut Williams yet, so the team has 17 spots taken up so far.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Sounds like he wants a little bit more PT, so I'd imagine that eliminates the possibility of him coming here. If he played like he did in 2014 with Memphis, I'd probably take him over Simmons/Anderson and he'd actually have a spot in the rotation...but it's doubtful he returns to that level.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Miller's best chance then is to hang onto a fringe playoff team like Memphis two years ago. I guess New Orleans and Milwaukee would be good choices. Both would welcome his shooting and veteran presence.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's past his prime, but still better than Jimmer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^^ Of course my hope would be that the Spurs coaching staff could tap into whatever potential Jimmer has.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Y'all people don't want this guy on the team???

Choo Choo got ing derailed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can see him going back to Memphis....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd rather see Jimmer chasing 3rd string point guards around getting publicly emasculated by Pop than watch Miller drag his legs around the court like a dog with worms for a year. Pass.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For the 15th roster spot?
    No, for the 10th one, considering they don't have a proven player or player that projects as a good fit for it.

But, hey, there's only a championship at stake, let's chance lessening the odds by handing a rotation spot, by default, to two fringe prospects, so that the average age of the roster is slightly lower.

Lets be real, Mike Miller has little chance of cracking the rotation of any playoff team. If he needs and wants a significant role on a team, he'lll likely have to go play for a lottery team (something I'm sure he does not want to do based off his recent history coat tailing LeBron).

I just can't see him turning down a deal to go back to Memphis. He played there for 7 seasons, has a good relationship w/ the organization and their fans -- plus he has a house there.
    He has a good chance of cracking this particular one (at least for the games that matter most), since he's similar to the player he'd be replacing and considering the other options to fill the spot.

All things being equal, he'd probably choose the Grizzlies again, but they don't really have a potential rotation spot to offer.

It may take until the buy out period, but at some point, this spot is more than likely going to a veteran anyway. I'll take one of the better spot up shooters ever, that's not known to complain if he's not in the rotation and is a hard nosed compe or with championship experience, over the likes of Butler, Delfino, Garcia, etc.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Miller doesn't offer anything outside of shooting and it's been that way for three year, but he'll be a perfect situational player.

He'd be a great 15th man addition.

He a team guy too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Miller doesn't offer anything outside of shooting and it's been that way for three year, but he'll be a perfect situational player.

He'd be a great 15th man addition.

He a team guy too.
    yeah he is a team guy told the cavs he wants to be play so he got out of the cavs
    was not happy being the 15 guy on bench

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, for the 10th one, considering they don't have a proven player or player that projects as a good fit for it.

But, hey, there's only a championship at stake, let's chance lessening the odds by handing a rotation spot, by default, to two fringe prospects, so that the average age of the roster is slightly lower.
    If Mike Miller has to play for any extended period of time, your championship odds are probably pretty low already, tbh... We already signed the "proven, end of the bench vet shooter", his name is Matt Bonner...

Thread Information