Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn't want to be that guy, but there's a chance Miller could get bought out soon. Seems like a decent option for the 15th spot. Not quite good enough to be a rotation player anymore, but good enough to pretend to be one for a stretch seems like a great vet wing to add to the mix. Good shooter, tough and know how to win an be a pro.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Posted about this in the offseason thread...I think he has a better chance of contributing than Jimmer tbh.

I know he was pretty non-existent last year in Cleveland, but the year before he was still really solid in Memphis and played all 82 games for them. I wouldn't mind getting him for the 15th roster spot, but apparently Dallas/OKC/Memphis are the front-running suitors.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OKC wants to save that last roster spot for the guy they convinced to take less than the rookie scale contract to reduce luxury tax burden. Those cheap owners could have blocked the Spurs from grabbing SloMo instead

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The guy is a s of his former self but given what little minutes would be available for the 15th spot, yeah he's better than a Never-Was in Jimmer. Not even close. Championship experience, deadly when wide open, good range, good for 5-8 minutes a game in the playoffs. Neither Miller nor Jimmer would be expected to do much on defense anyways.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The guy is a s of his former self but given what little minutes would be available for the 15th spot, yeah he's better than a Never-Was in Jimmer. Not even close. Championship experience, deadly when wide open, good range, good for 5-8 minutes a game in the playoffs. Neither Miller nor Jimmer would be expected to do much on defense anyways.
    This

Believe.
    My Team
    Minnesota Timberwolves
    Post Count
    Wasn't getting minutes over Iman Shumpert or JR Smith in the finals, and those two played some of the worst basketball I've ever seen at the professional level that series.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey guys, why dont we start a bring back Finley or Brent Barry thread? They'd have just as much left in the tank tbh..

He's likely going back to Memphis.

I rather the 15th roster spot go to a young player w/ upside who the Spurs can develop further.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude is not thread worthy tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't want Miller or Jimmer, tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    isnt miller just a bad belinelli?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't really care because I think we're good but give me some reasons why Miller doesn't have it anymore? If I'm not mistaken what little he did, when given a chance, he shined. He probably would've been more effective than JR Smith. Tell me I'm wrong!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey guys, why dont we start a bring back Finley or Brent Barry thread? They'd have just as much left in the tank tbh..

He's likely going back to Memphis.

I rather the 15th roster spot go to a young player w/ upside who the Spurs can develop further.
    They have that, in Anderson and Simmons. What they need is someone proven, with size and knockdown shooting ability. Granted, he looked finished last season, but still. He checks too many boxes for them not to express significant interest, I'd imagine and they can offer the best combination of potential playing time and chance at a championship.

He has little chance of cracking the Grizzlies rotation (Green, Lee and Allen are guaranteed rotation spots and Carter, Barnes and maybe even Adams will get a look before he does) and no chance of cracking the Thunder's rotation (Durant, Waiters and at least one of Morrow/Singler are guaranteed rotation spots, Westbrook could play some defensive SG and the other of Morrow/Singler and Roberson will get a look before he does).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How many seasons has Mike been in the league? Wouldn't a vet min deal for him cost an arm and a leg considering the luxury tax situation?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They have that, in Anderson and Simmons. What they need is someone proven, with size and knockdown shooting ability. Granted, he looked finished last season, but still. He checks too many boxes for them not to express significant interest, I'd imagine and they can offer the best combination of potential playing time and chance at a championship.
    For the 15th roster spot?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Could be a better bonner...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cavs really struck out with that Haywood contract. Looked a great chip on paper. Still a TE isn't too bad and they're apparently willing to pay the tax.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't want Miller or Jimmer, tbh

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

He has little chance of cracking the Grizzlies rotation (Green, Lee and Allen are guaranteed rotation spots and Carter, Barnes and maybe even Adams will get a look before he does) and no chance of cracking the Thunder's rotation (Durant, Waiters and at least one of Morrow/Singler are guaranteed rotation spots, Westbrook could play some defensive SG and the other of Morrow/Singler and Roberson will get a look before he does).
    Lets be real, Mike Miller has little chance of cracking the rotation of any playoff team. If he needs and wants a significant role on a team, he'lll likely have to go play for a lottery team (something I'm sure he does not want to do based off his recent history coat tailing LeBron).

I just can't see him turning down a deal to go back to Memphis. He played there for 7 seasons, has a good relationship w/ the organization and their fans -- plus he has a house there.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Always pictured that scrub with the Thunder, tbh.

Less is More
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Never a bad idea to have an OKC killer in the reserves tbh...

Indubitable Super Saiyan Cloud786's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Y'all people don't want this guy on the team???

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tbh, if the Spurs are so desperate for shooters that they would sign Jimmer Freedette, it's not hard to envision a scenario in which they would pursue Mike Miller, a player they've expressed interest in previously.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To me, the Fredette signing means two things:
    1) Spurs won't add a 15th player with a guaranteed contract. You don't sign Fredette to a training camp contract if he has no chance at all of making the roster because it is already full.
    2) Spurs are quite confident on Anderson/Simmons ability to contribute this season.

I'm not sure how Miller being available will change that. After his bad year with Cavs, is he really better than the other vets available like Rasual Butler, Tayshaun Prince, Dorell Wright, Ben Gordon, Jason Richardson... ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Y'all people don't want this guy on the team???

in Gary Neal

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To me, the Fredette signing means two things:
    1) Spurs won't add a 15th player with a guaranteed contract. You don't sign Fredette to a training camp contract if he has no chance at all of making the roster because it is already full.
    2) Spurs are quite confident on Anderson/Simmons ability to contribute this season.

I'm not sure how Miller being available will change that. After his bad year with Cavs, is he really better than the other vets available like Rasual Butler, Tayshaun Prince, Dorell Wright, Ben Gordon, Jason Richardson... ?
    Did Miller log a lot of minutes during the playoffs last season? Considering that the Cavs were already undermanned, you have to wonder why he didn't play a lot of minutes.

Average of 7 minutes per game compared to previous season with Memphis at 24 minutes and with heat at 13 minutes a game.

24 minutes to 7 minutes is a drastic reduction, however these were 2 different teams. So who knows if he's healthy enough to compete. BTW... good SF to have in the lineup, gutsy player.

Thread Information