Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Courtesy of Tom "TSpence" Kirkland

Highlights:
    ~Hasn't kept in touch with Kawhi
    ~He has the same agent as David West and that helped talks once West signed
    ~Did not meet with Pop when he was in San Antonio because he was out of town
    ~His wife choreographed this dance at Brandon Davies' wedding:

Bonus Video:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sounds like a good guy, lets hope this works out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man, I feel bad for this kid. He's getting his hopes up even though it's unlikely he'll be on the roster on Opening Night.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man, I feel bad for this kid. He's getting his hopes up even though it's unlikely he'll be on the roster on Opening Night.
    Only guy he has to beat out is Reggie Williams. "Unlikely" is probably too strong a characterization tbqh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know that he makes the team...he has a shot though....if your 15th spot is a knock down shooter, that wouldn't be bad

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only guy he has to beat out is Reggie Williams. "Unlikely" is probably too strong a characterization tbqh.
    He also has to beat the perception that the ACTUAL cost of his contract, tax included, isn't worth populating that 15th spot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, at least, Danny Green will have a partner to do those moves on the bench.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully he makes the team, I can see him becoming a fan favorite

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Isn't Brandon Davies also part of Spurs summer league champ roster? Probably helped in recruiting Jimmer also

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really hope Jimmer makes the team. But after what Mike Monroe said on twitter I'm not sure he will make it, unless Williams is waived. Jimmer has to impress at training camp.

This is the West, sir. When the legend becomes fact, print the legend sandman's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know that he makes the team...he has a shot though....if your 15th spot is a knock down shooter, that wouldn't be bad
    knock down shooter, cheap contract, apparent great citizen and a hot wife. As long as he can Patty-wave a towel, I'm good with this.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He could learn a lot from Tony Parker's game (below the ring basketball).

Now Spurs finally have two high draft picks, #2 for Aldridge, #10 Fredette

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    knock down shooter, cheap contract, apparent great citizen and a hot wife. As long as he can Patty-wave a towel, I'm good with this.
    Bruno calculates his contract at costing 2.4 million, after tax, I believe. Not exactly cheap.

This is the West, sir. When the legend becomes fact, print the legend sandman's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorry, who was that proven player that the Spurs passed on for their end of the bench, may not be activated most nights, 15th roster spot?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bruno calculates his contract at costing 2.4 million, after tax, I believe. Not exactly cheap.
    Whatever part of that cost is being attributed to luxury tax will be paid by signing anyone else as well. He is at minimum salary for his 4 years of service, which is only like $160k more than 1 year of service. The only way they get off significantly cheaper is signing a guy with zero years.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's what people said about Danny Green and Patty Mills. I'm not going to scratch him off until I see him in our system.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whatever part of that cost is being attributed to luxury tax will be paid by signing anyone else as well. He is at minimum salary for his 4 years of service, which is only like $160k more than 1 year of service. The only way they get off significantly cheaper is signing a guy with zero years.
    ...or a vacant 15th spot

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really hope Jimmer makes the team. But after what Mike Monroe said on twitter I'm not sure he will make it, unless Williams is waived. Jimmer has to impress at training camp.
    I'm confused...what is all the stuff we heard about January 9th?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ...or a vacant 15th spot
    Point made. I still think it is an extremely low cost/risk to see if they can work their system magic on yet another player.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's what people said about Danny Green and Patty Mills. I'm not going to scratch him off until I see him in our system.
    Spurs gave guys like Keith Bogans, Roger Mason, Ime Udoka several seasons to prove themselves.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're omitting that they don't have to carry 15 players at all. They can roll with 14, and have. They may call up d-leaguers, etc.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Point made. I still think it is an extremely low cost/risk to see if they can work their system magic on yet another player.
    Yes. But, that magic maybe could be applied to several D-league guys they might find attractive. That magic you think will work on Jimmer isn't discriminatory. I appreciate the allure of Jimmer, but we will have to agree to disagree that 2.4 million is cheap. We'll see what they think, I guess.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm confused...what is all the stuff we heard about January 9th?
    January 9th?

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jimmer's 'partial guarantee' is still $500K plus. I think the Spurs signed him in the hopes of keeping him (and likely with the plans of cutting Williams, who did not perform well last season).

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The "partial guarantee" is based on keeping him through that time, reportedly.

Thread Information