77. You may not vote on this poll

59 76.62%

18 23.38%
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Sliver and Crack
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TD is a winner. He's done it 5 times. He led that 2003 team of dubious talent to a le. David didn't / couldn't . Forget all that. Who's the better basketball player, in the purest sense?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tim.

/thread

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    5-0 now down 5-1... TD my vote.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    from a talent standpoint, David and Hakeem are the two most talented bigs I've ever seen both offensively and defensively...

Sliver and Crack
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    from a talent standpoint, David and Hakeem are the two most talented bigs I've ever seen both offensively and defensively...
    If physical attributes/ measurements/ athleticism go under 'talent', then i agree. Maybe Wilt is up there due to basically being a freak of nature.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Skill set- 21
    Talent- 50
    Bball ability-even

tough call, but, I am going with Duncan

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its not a tough call for me. Its 21 and not really close. I give David props for being the better defender, dunker and athlete but that's it. Tim has had better footwork, basketball smarts and commitment to improve. Tim knows the game better and has made his teammates better too.

To his credit, David was a stud who had to shoulder the majority of responsibility on both offense and defense. His challenges night in and night out were much bigger than Tim's. He also went through 5 coaches during his career: Brown, Tark, Lucas, Hill and Pop. In addition, he didn't have the best F.O. and the ownership was ty for the majority of his career.

If David had better teammates around him, he would have had more rings. He turned out to be a much better complimentary player.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TD gets the edge in skill
    DRob not quite the skill of TD but he was a far better athlete

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    David doesn't get nearly enough credit for the player that he was, he was remarkable, and he competed in what I believe to have been the golden age of centers. He held his own and his offensive skill set is completely underrated. If big Dave played today, the rest of the league's centers would not have a prayer of stopping him. That said, still thankful we got TD but I'll always remember the Robinson years fondly, too.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It is a testament to how much we all love DR that we are all trying to pretend as if this poll isn't a flat out insult to TD. Yeah. DR was a better athlete by far, and any aspect of basketball that his athleticism coincided with basketball, he was better. At every other aspect in which pure athleticism didn't rule, Tim was better. If you have them both in their prime, two feet from the basket, with a prime defender on them, who do you want with the ball with the championship game on the line with the last shot. Tim or David? Tim. 10/10. David would brick it off the glass with no touch but at least way too much force, or fumble it while getting awkwardly fouled toward the basket and looking for a call he should have gotten but didn't. Tim would have made it happen in several ways, and did.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    David was a triple double machine and even had a quadruple double. The Spurs have the record for greatest improvement in one year when David came aboard. David was a beast.

Tim beats David in Basketball IQ and footwork. However, David's athleticism was dominating.

In their primes, give me David.

Best Year:
    David avg 30/11rbs/5ast/2stl/3.3blks
    Tim avg 25.5/13rbs/4ast/1stl/ 2.5blks

The ring argument makes Bill Russell the greatest ever. It makes Dwayne Wade better than Lebron.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    David was a triple double machine and even had a quadruple double. The Spurs have the record for greatest improvement in one year when David came aboard. David was a beast.

Tim beats David in Basketball IQ and footwork. However, David's athleticism was dominating.

In their primes, give me David.

Best Year:
    David avg 30/11rbs/5ast/2stl/3.3blks
    Tim avg 25.5/13rbs/4ast/1stl/ 2.5blks

The ring argument makes Bill Russell the greatest ever. It makes Dwayne Wade better than Lebron.
    HE'S A PREACHIN' LIKE A PREACHER MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wait how old are you? lol. Aren't you only like 23? You didn't really see either of them play wtf are you talking about

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tough...I go with tim..52-48% close

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Then again, Robinson played in a tougher era...malone, jordan, the dream, ewing, mutombo....

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wait how old are you? lol. Aren't you only like 23? You didn't really see either of them play wtf are you talking about
    I saw both of them play, in person, several times - this poster is right. I've never seen anything like Robinson or Hakeem

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I saw both of them play, in person, several times - this poster is right. I've never seen anything like Robinson or Hakeem
    Maybe so, but the point was he is just trying to sound like some basketball guru. The got never saw either of them play, unless he was doing some deep basketball analysis at 5 years old

Sliver and Crack
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    By that reasoning i can't offer an opinion on the skills of Magic or Bird because I was too young to watch their primes live... Nevermind the fact that there are full taped games of them in the dozens.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DR is criminally underrated by the TD era fans.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    By that reasoning i can't offer an opinion on the skills of Magic or Bird because I was too young to watch their primes live... Nevermind the fact that there are full taped games of them in the dozens.
    Not the same thing and you know it.

Sliver and Crack
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So a 25 year old can't possibly have watched 20-30 of taped/uploaded David or Hakeem games? The Internet would explode?

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is pretty easily Duncan. Robinson never had Duncan's ability to score in the post, he was never the passer out of the post Duncan is either. Robinson had a better face up game due to him being a lot quicker and his jumper was far superior, but if I'm down one with 10 seconds left I'm giving the ball to Duncan since I can trust him a lot more to either score or make the right pass from the low post.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So a 25 year old can't possibly have watched 20-30 of taped/uploaded David or Hakeem games? The Internet would explode?
    20-30 games is a very small sample size to judge a whole career on you ignorant .

Thread Information