Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Three And Counting ...
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who are the players you are hoping/ wishing get cut from other teams after training camp/ pre season that will fit the spurs system and salary cap.
    A rookie we can develope, a veteran that can gives us minutes, someone we can stash in Austin.

Teach me how to Jimmer playjimmer's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jimmer. He is our 15th man.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He will get cut before the end of training camp.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Roster is set for the most part. Only thing that would interest me is getting a veteran wing player so we can send anderson to Austin .

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Roster is set for the most part. Only thing that would interest me is getting a veteran wing player so we can send anderson to Austin .
    Anderson's not going anywhere, imo.

Sliver and Crack
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Depends on how he starts the season...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anderson's not going anywhere, imo.
    I don't think he is good enough to play this year and the Spurs would rather try to develop his game in the d league than have him sitting as the 12th guy on the bench. I think he will be back and forth depending on injuries and what not....

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think he is good enough to play this year and the Spurs would rather try to develop his game in the d league than have him sitting as the 12th guy on the bench. I think he will be back and forth depending on injuries and what not....
    Between d-league last year and the summer league, the Spurs probably feel like the development period is over. The training wheels have to come off. Anderson may or may not crack the rotation. He may or may not perform well. But I just don't think it's too likely he'll go back to the d-league. And I especially doubt he'll go back to the d-league to start the season. If he did go back, it would be for the sake of getting reps in the middle of the season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anderson spent a large portion of last season playing in Austin. This year he needs to show he can handle playing against NBA caliber players.

Sliver and Crack
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Papanikolaou would be a decent get, but it's improbable now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Between d-league last year and the summer league, the Spurs probably feel like the development period is over. The training wheels have to come off. Anderson may or may not crack the rotation. He may or may not perform well. But I just don't think it's too likely he'll go back to the d-league. And I especially doubt he'll go back to the d-league to start the season. If he did go back, it would be for the sake of getting reps in the middle of the season.
    Pop has been known to develop players long term if they aren't ready. It's not like anderson was a lottery pick..... I see no problem sending him to the d league to develop ...... He still has a lot of bad leaks in his game . I guess we will see though

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Before camp/Out of camp candidates: P. Jones, Bullock, Granger, Martin, Ennis, Miller.

Post trade deadline candidates: Felton, Foye, one of Jennings/Blake, one of Mayo/Bayless, Bennett, Nicholson, Wallace, Kaman, Butler, Webster.

I've already made the case for Miller. The only other somewhat interesting name on this list, is Bullock. But after the Simmons signing, the final wing should be a more proven commodity, specifically in terms of three-point shooting.

I could see them having a surprise veteran at camp, like Delfino or Garcia, to compete with Fredette. We've seen this in the past with Simmons and Maggette. Nobody knew they were coming until media day.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He will get cut before the end of training camp.
    Can you get me the winning lottery numbers?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Might as well wait until the trade deadline. I think several teams will be in full tank mode, and the Spurs might be a destination for solid players on dead-end teams, whether that's via trade or buyout. Scary thought, but the Spurs could actually be deeper at the end of the season than the start.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Before camp/Out of camp candidates: P. Jones, Bullock, Granger, Martin, Ennis, Miller.

Post trade deadline candidates: Felton, Foye, one of Jennings/Blake, one of Mayo/Bayless, Bennett, Nicholson, Wallace, Kaman, Butler, Webster.

I've already made the case for Miller. The only other somewhat interesting name on this list, is Bullock. But after the Simmons signing, the final wing should be a more proven commodity, specifically in terms of three-point shooting.

I could see them having a surprise veteran at camp, like Delfino or Garcia, to compete with Fredette. We've seen this in the past with Simmons and Maggette. Nobody knew they were coming until media day.
    Bayless would be a decent addition IMO. He's probably going to be almost impossible to pick up given his 3 million salary, but would love him as 12-13 man for shooting purposes...He's a UFA agent next year.

Three And Counting ...
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They might do what they did before when they brought in Sam Young and Cory Meggette. They never leave any stone unturned.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he continues to totally suck while in the NBA then he will. The best case study for him is probably Cory Joseph right now. And Cory still spent time in Austin during his second year.

That being said, if Kyle comes out and wins rotation minutes then that changes the whole strategy. But if hes rotting on the bench then I would think it likely that makes a number of quickie runs to Austin throughout the year.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he continues to totally suck while in the NBA then he will. The best case study for him is probably Cory Joseph right now. And Cory still spent time in Austin during his second year.

That being said, if Kyle comes out and wins rotation minutes then that changes the whole strategy. But if hes rotting on the bench then I would think it likely that makes a number of quickie runs to Austin throughout the year.
    It was at Joseph's request that he went to the d-league. And Anderson can play multiple positions, which will make him more available to minutes. And I don't see him totally sucking. Sucking by some people's standards, maybe. Maybe, he'll only shoot between 37 and 41 percent. But he'll likely do enough to be valuable at times. I don't think he'll be a DNP machine that Austin will be an option. JMO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I'm interested in Bullock too, but I don't see how he fits this roster. Maybe next year.

And as for Kyle, his task this year is to play about 10 good minutes a game and continue to improve. I think he will do both.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    another one of these accounts eh..... wonder what happened to the ellipses-heavy playblair account

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    another one of these accounts eh..... wonder what happened to the ellipses-heavy playblair account
    Blair was a good player though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Blair was a good player though.
    that's subjective

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that's subjective
    Not really. Blair shot over 50 percent all four years as a Spur and cleaned up on the boards. Other than that, I'm not saying he was so great though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he's the backup 3, we only have one, so his minutes are pretty much guaranteed. I'm sure pop will try to develop a new bench rotation that is reliable and makes sense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not really. Blair shot over 50 percent all four years as a Spur and cleaned up on the boards. Other than that, I'm not saying he was so great though.
    probably wouldn't have lost his starting spot to McDyess two playoff runs in a row if he was considered a "good" player.

Not interested in discussing semantics here. I'd just never call Whataburger Blair a "good" player.

Thread Information