Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just a millionaire doing millionaire things tbqh. Pretty sure I'd have a room for my designer watches or pick some random thing to collect if I was obscenely rich. I would definitely have my own icehouse stocked full of beer...hire Scott as my personal brewer. Damn now I wish I was rich.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Am I the only one that thinks Spursfan86's post was sarcasm?
    He forgot the blue font tbqh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are you serious? D-Rob and Tim would've never pulled this . Couldn't he be donating that money to charity?

Not going to lie, I'm starting to get really worried about our new "great acquisition". First, he takes DAYS trying to decide where he wants to play. Once he finally gets his mind made up (who the takes 4-5 days to make a career decision???), he ends up taking our beloved Bruce's #12. Who the does this guy think he is?

Now he's building a god damn house for his shoes? This guy clearly isn't in the same mold of D-Rob and Duncan. I don't know about y'all, but I want him gone ASAP. Not to mention I saw pictures of him in the club with Kawhi a little while back...already having a bad influence on Kawhi. SMFH
    10/10

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    9/10 tbqh. The bit about taking 4-5 days to make a career decision was a bit obvious. But, I do applaud the effort.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The bit about taking 4-5 days to make a career decision was a bit obvious.
    I thought so too, but it hasn't stopped people from biting on it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh it was solid. Much better than the schticky Parker garbage Apo and his crew employ.

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On a side note, if he builds a house with all 'em bricks with a 2/23 game against the Thunder s, I'm not going to be a happy camper...

Sliver and Crack
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't get shoe fetishes, in athletes or women. His money, his choices.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't get shoe fetishes, in athletes or women. His money, his choices.
    I had 'un in 2012, around the summertime and early fall. I was especially into AdiZero's. I wanted to get a job at Subway just to afford myself the entire collection (4 at the time) of the AdiZero's. Ended up not working that summer and instead just getting the discounted autographed Dwight Howard ones ($29) because they had Orlando Magic colors and he had just been traded to the Lakers. The entire collection would have been a serious waste of money on my part, honestly.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd rather him be a shoe collector than someone who fancies a little too much drink. Or someone who likes dangerous activities. Let him have his hobby, just like Duncan dorks out with D&D.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd rather him be a shoe collector than someone who fancies a little too much drink. Or someone who likes dangerous activities. Let him have his hobby, just like Duncan dorks out with D&D.
    Women that fancy a little too much drink are awesome, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The shoes need to be kept in na adequate envinronment to not get 'ginobilized' or 'bonnered'. In the wrong envinronment, the shoes just start to self its biodegradation. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biodeg...letic_footwear

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    More interesting is that the house is in Dallas....

Poor Cuban, so much talent so close....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't forget that he took the absolute max instead of skimming some money off the top to re-sign a guy like Joseph. Just saying....
    To be fair, he doesn't owe us or Joseph that. He was the biggest a free agent on the market this offseason. . .you don't ask them to make sacrifices before they even join your team. He wouldn't have come here if he needed to do that. Nothing wrong with him expecting a max deal considering his talent level and age. Maybe when/if he re-signs with us he will take a small paycut. But right now? Would be silly to expect that man.

As for the shoe house. . .its weird as but who cares. If he wants to build an apartment for his cat he can do that too for all I care. As long as he's playing well for us and stays healthy.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To be fair, he doesn't owe us or Joseph that. He was the biggest a free agent on the market this offseason. . .you don't ask them to make sacrifices before they even join your team. He wouldn't have come here if he needed to do that. Nothing wrong with him expecting a max deal considering his talent level and age. Maybe when/if he re-signs with us he will take a small paycut. But right now? Would be silly to expect that man.

As for the shoe house. . .its weird as but who cares. If he wants to build an apartment for his cat he can do that too for all I care. As long as he's playing well for us and stays healthy.
    Not saying he owes it to anyone or that I blame him. However, it is concerning to me. Players often make certain sacrifices when they hunger for a ring(s). Look at all the money that Duncan left on the table; and he already has five rings.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    As long as the effort is there on the basketball court consistently, I could care less what LMA does with his earnings, it's his anyway let him do what he wants. For those uptight ones, chill, it's his life.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not saying he owes it to anyone or that I blame him. However, it is concerning to me. Players often make certain sacrifices when they hunger for a ring(s). Look at all the money that Duncan left on the table; and he already has five rings.
    Cory Joseph isn't worth the 7.5M/yr he got. The drop off between him and McCallum isn't as big as you think, tbh. Besides, LMA already turned down millions from Portland to sign here, so there's no reason he should take 2/3rds of the Max just to keep a third string PG.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thank goodness he's here to lead the way. At least we know he won't be building brick houses when the game is on the line.
    You didn't watch his series against Memphis last year.

In last regular season, he was a volume scorer, too. A lot of points on low efficiency.

But I'm confident the Spurs system will make his court life much easier, his game is a perfect fit.

His off-court life? If it doesn't interfere with his work and team chemistry, nobody should say anything about it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    U got me..but in my defense, I saw plenty of that exact behavior in LMA thread as early as day 2..and they were serious

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He forgot the blue font tbqh.
    For the love of God, people, use the blue font

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You bas

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For the love of God, people, use the blue font
    But blue font makes it TOO obvious. I mean, you might as well just include a "this post is sarcasm" note at the bottom. Takes away from some of the fun tbh

I figured the "who the takes 4-5 days to make a career decision" and "I want him gone ASAP" bits would be sufficient clues that I was being sarcastic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But blue font makes it TOO obvious. I mean, you might as well just include a "this post is sarcasm" note at the bottom. Takes away from some of the fun tbh

I figured the "who the takes 4-5 days to make a career decision" and "I want him gone ASAP" bits would be sufficient clues that I was being sarcastic.
    Right. That much blue font in a single post might induce an epileptic seizure, and that would make you feel bad.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are you serious? D-Rob and Tim would've never pulled this . Couldn't he be donating that money to charity?

Not going to lie, I'm starting to get really worried about our new "great acquisition". First, he takes DAYS trying to decide where he wants to play. Once he finally gets his mind made up (who the takes 4-5 days to make a career decision???), he ends up taking our beloved Bruce's #12. Who the does this guy think he is?

Now he's building a god damn house for his shoes? This guy clearly isn't in the same mold of D-Rob and Duncan. I don't know about y'all, but I want him gone ASAP. Not to mention I saw pictures of him in the club with Kawhi a little while back...already having a bad influence on Kawhi. SMFH
    Absolutely biased comment. Let me get this straight - someone who likes shoes and decides to build a house for his shoes is not okay, but Tim Duncan having a garage full of muscle cars is perfectly okay?

You're missing the whole point of exactly how the Spurs are run - bringing diversity together through basketball. These diversities begin with different hobbies. If you can't get that through your head, I don't think you really understand what the Spurs as an organization aims to do.

Thread Information