Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not saying he owes it to anyone or that I blame him. However, it is concerning to me. Players often make certain sacrifices when they hunger for a ring(s). Look at all the money that Duncan left on the table; and he already has five rings.
    Like I said, he wouldn't have come here if there was low money on the table. If I was Aldridge I would want the money because I would deserve it and would get it literally anywhere else. That does not mean I don't want to win. I also would not pay nearly 10% of my salary just to have a replaceable guy like Corey Joseph on my team. I would not think that would be worth my money.

Nor is building a shoe house, but that's another story.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

It's a small house right behind his house... Everybody needs to quit getting so tight

Spurfan getting upset because he took Kawhi to a club, a ing club. Not everyone plays Dungeons and Dragons during their free time..
    He didn't even take him to a club. I believe it was some Jordan sponsored event and they are both under contract with Jordan.
    I'm glad they hung out together. I half-expected Kawhi to be sitting alone in a booth in the far corner of the place with the light broken...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think he's a bad guy considering he's close friends with Patty Mills. I'm sure if he was a toxic person that Mills would not be good friends with him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I half-expected Kawhi to be sitting alone in a booth in the far corner of the place with the light broken...

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Re: Cojo / Taking less points

Great points, guys. At the time, I thought CoJo would've signed for less; like 3.5 M or less. Maybe, he would have if the Spurs made a quick offer. I am willing to bet so, anyhow. So, I just thought it was a bit of a tell to me that LMA allegedly is so concerned about winning, but then he doesn't make a sacrifice? Again, he's within his rights. I'm just saying it gave me pause.

It's been said he would have went elsewhere if he wasn't getting a max contract. Sure. But my point is then, that maybe it's just a sell that winning a ring isn't so high on his list.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Re: Cojo / Taking less points

Great points, guys. At the time, I thought CoJo would've signed for less; like 3.5 M or less. Maybe, he would have if the Spurs made a quick offer. I am willing to bet so, anyhow. So, I just thought it was a bit of a tell to me that LMA allegedly is so concerned about winning, but then he doesn't make a sacrifice? Again, he's within his rights. I'm just saying it gave me pause.

It's been said he would have went elsewhere if he wasn't getting a max contract. Sure. But my point is then, that maybe it's just a sell that winning a ring isn't so high on his list.
    Welcome to the Real World. The Spurs have been Fantasyland for so long it's now expected.

Sliver and Crack
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No way a prime FA star signs in marketing , submits to a system that sees his raw numbers diminished AND takes less money.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs land the big name free agent of the offseason and then some fans that he didn't take less money. We are spoiled as as Spurs fans.
    Last edited by TXstbobcat; 08-05-2015 at 05:55 PM.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs land the big name free agent of the offseason and then some fans that he didn't take less money. We are spoiled as as Spurs fans.
    We are spoiled. But sacrifice is a big part of why we've been spoiled. You have a perennial champion like Duncan signing for about forty percent of his market value and no ring LMA signing for top dollar; just saying, it's a contrast.

Sliver and Crack
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Duncan has been here for 20 years. He knows the Spurs will take care of him for life if he requests it. LMA only knows the Spurs' rep and their championship pedigree.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well,he is a black american. Spurs fans better don't give too much love for Kawhi or he will pull another Portland/Lillard card.
    David Robinson and David west are also black americans who sacrificed. We lost an aussie, italian canadian to money.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We are spoiled. But sacrifice is a big part of why we've been spoiled. You have a perennial champion like Duncan signing for about forty percent of his market value and no ring LMA signing for top dollar; just saying, it's a contrast.
    There are no guarantees, LMA could have taken less and still be ringless by the time he retires. Im hoping we ring for TD and D.West though. Lma is here to help lead the charge.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Duncan has been here for 20 years. He knows the Spurs will take care of him for life if he requests it. LMA only knows the Spurs' rep and their championship pedigree.
    This, tbqh. It's unreasonable to expect LaMarcus to take less money to join a new organization. There's mutual respect between the two parties, but nowhere near the level of trust and loyalty that has been built between the Spurs and their franchise cornerstone. Maybe in a couple years (after a couple championships?) he'll be in a position to take less so that the team can keep on its current path.

And before anyone brings in West, that's also not a like situation as he's in the twilight of his career,whereas Aldridge is in his prime.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thank goodness he's here to lead the way. At least we know he won't be building brick houses when the game is on the line.
    And yet you start crying like a lil biatch when anyone has a go at parker.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are you serious? D-Rob and Tim would've never pulled this . Couldn't he be donating that money to charity?

Not going to lie, I'm starting to get really worried about our new "great acquisition". First, he takes DAYS trying to decide where he wants to play. Once he finally gets his mind made up (who the takes 4-5 days to make a career decision???), he ends up taking our beloved Bruce's #12. Who the does this guy think he is?

Now he's building a god damn house for his shoes? This guy clearly isn't in the same mold of D-Rob and Duncan. I don't know about y'all, but I want him gone ASAP. Not to mention I saw pictures of him in the club with Kawhi a little while back...already having a bad influence on Kawhi. SMFH
    Wgaf! Yall worried about another man's earned money. Grow up and worry about yourselves.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As grateful as I am for players like Duncan and Verde for taking less money and giving the Spurs a discount, I can't fault a player for trying to make as much money as possible during their career.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As grateful as I am for players like Duncan and Verde for taking less money and giving the Spurs a discount, I can't fault a player for trying to make as much money as possible during their career.
    This. Fans have also shown they can be ungrateful and will turn on you in a blink of an eye. Lma already has haters for this and he hasn't even played a game yet.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Am I the only one that thinks Spursfan86's post was sarcasm?
    It most likely was, but you never know on here.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He didn't even take him to a club. I believe it was some Jordan sponsored event and they are both under contract with Jordan.
    I'm glad they hung out together. I half-expected Kawhi to be sitting alone in a booth in the far corner of the place with the light broken...
    Yeah it was a Jordan dunk contest or something. I fell for the bait

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This, tbqh. It's unreasonable to expect LaMarcus to take less money to join a new organization. There's mutual respect between the two parties, but nowhere near the level of trust and loyalty that has been built between the Spurs and their franchise cornerstone. Maybe in a couple years (after a couple championships?) he'll be in a position to take less so that the team can keep on its current path.

And before anyone brings in West, that's also not a like situation as he's in the twilight of his career,whereas Aldridge is in his prime.
    Aldridge is past his prime, but still a max player considering the dearth of big men in today's league. West is a better Tony Massenburg.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But blue font makes it TOO obvious. I mean, you might as well just include a "this post is sarcasm" note at the bottom. Takes away from some of the fun tbh

I figured the "who the takes 4-5 days to make a career decision" and "I want him gone ASAP" bits would be sufficient clues that I was being sarcastic.
    Haha, it's ok. I knew it as sarcasm, but the thread gets hard to read when people take a post like that as serious and respond accordingly

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No one is begrudging anyone making money. It's the "I'm so ing rich, look at me, I'm building a house for my shoe collection" at ude. It's one thing to be rich - another to flaunt one's wealth vulgarly and ostentatiously.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The list of invitees to next week's USA Basketball minicamp at UNLV was announced Thursday, and the names of those attending but not participating trump those who will be playing at the Mendenhall Center and in the Aug. 13 Blue-White scrimmage at the Thomas & Mack Center.

LeBron James is coming to Las Vegas. So are Kevin Durant, Chris Paul, Blake Griffin, Kevin Love, Steph Curry, Klay Thompson, Carmelo Anthony, Russell Westbrook, Kyrie Irving, Dwight Howard, John Wall, LaMarcus Aldridge and Paul George. None of the above will participate, but they will be there for team meetings and other nonbasketball team activities.
    http://www.reviewjournal.com/sports/...camp-las-vegas

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No one is begrudging anyone making money. It's the "I'm so ing rich, look at me, I'm building a house for my shoe collection" at ude. It's one thing to be rich - another to flaunt one's wealth vulgarly and ostentatiously.
    He said it was going to be a house behind his house. I'm assuming it will be similar to a shed but just fancier.. That wouldn't really be too much different than a tool shed or pool house or any other structure made to hold specific things. In this case, it will be shoes. Just because he said house doesn't mean it has to be huge. I think people are taking it a bit too far.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He said it was going to be a house behind his house. I'm assuming it will be similar to a shed but just fancier.. That wouldn't really be too much different than a tool shed or pool house or any other structure made to hold specific things. In this case, it will be shoes. Just because he said house doesn't mean it has to be huge. I think people are taking it a bit too far.
    Yeah, from what I understand, it's not going to be a full on house, sounds more like a fancier shed/storage area. I think people have taken this too literally thinking that it's going to be a proper house.

Thread Information