Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    wtf...just tried again today...with my work laptop:

This was on the Wireless AC router i just set up...even a server farther away (San Jose) got me 130Mbps
    However, the wireless AC adapter in my rig mobo is ing trash obviously. Or maybe its the position in the apartment.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TP-LINK Archer C5 AC1200, got good reviews. I'm hoping it can give me near by 100Mbps connection. The ethernet setup for my apartment is pretty dumb, and would have to run an ethernet wire past the washroom and kitchen if I wanted connection in my living room.
    The reviews on Amazon seem solid, seems like a nice router.

I noticed that Time Warner was upgrading our services for free up to 50 MBPS for the services we were paying for. I tried it out but I was only getting 20 MBPS so I checked and it was obviously my ty router bottlenecking me (a 6, 7 year old WRT54G router ). I checked out routers and it seemed like a regular N router would had been good enough for me but I wanted something future proof so I settled on a AC router seeing as I upgrade my router every half decade.

I bought the Netgear R6250. It's ing overkill for what I'm using it for right now but I rather something being an overkill than a bottleneck. It's been a good router the past 4, 5 months.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wtf...just tried again today...with my work laptop:

This was on the Wireless AC router i just set up...even a server farther away (San Jose) got me 130Mbps
    However, the wireless AC adapter in my rig mobo is ing trash obviously. Or maybe its the position in the apartment.

er, must be nice to "accidently" double your already outrageous internet speed. At least you know there's a bottleneck somewhere now.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    er, must be nice to "accidently" double your already outrageous internet speed. At least you know there's a bottleneck somewhere now.

Yeah, the adapter on the Z97N-wifi is . The webpass outlet is near the entrance which is ing awful, but I did speed test from my living room with both my laptop and where my rig is.

Work laptop: 135Mbps up/down
    Rig: 35-40Mbps

Wifi and overclocking were the only reasons I bought that mobo, piece of . I may have to buy a new card.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Actually I'm not even sure why...the mobo in my rig has the same Intel AC 7260 adapter as my work laptop...but still won't test anything over 35mbps....what gives?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Actually I'm not even sure why...the mobo in my rig has the same Intel AC 7260 adapter as my work laptop...but still won't test anything over 35mbps....what gives?
    It's this thing right? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813128720

Are you running that LAN Optimizer program?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You sure there isn't a program throttling your connection?

http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/...er-solved.html

From that link, programs like AMD Quickstream or if you're using an antivirus program like AVG Web Tuneup can affect your speeds.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Internet is in metric French up there. No way to compare.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    You sure there isn't a program throttling your connection?

http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/...er-solved.html

From that link, programs like AMD Quickstream or if you're using an antivirus program like AVG Web Tuneup can affect your speeds.
    Both computers have Symantec endpoint installed. No other programs I can think of.

I was able to get the rig to 100 Mbps after moving it towards the roter (unrealistic as my rig is connected to my TV in living room), still don't know why the drop off vs the laptop. It doesn't help the router has to stay near the entrance nook, which is essentially blocked from the living room by a wall. I'll basically have to get a longer ethernet cable to let the router wrap out behind the wall. Stupid.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's ing crazy, tbh. This place is $3400/month and it's a steal....935sq ft loft. I'm in shock how lucky I got. Luckily my company is giving me a rental subsidy for 2 years so that helps a lot...I thought Toronto's housing market was asurd, and here it's 2X the price. Many interns in my company are renting rooms for $1500...WTF?

I you not, I went to an open house even more in the core of downtown SF....and I had to wait in the lobby for 30 minutes since the unit was so packed with potential tenants. I just left, and that was a 600 sq ft condo going for almost $4000.
    Yep. One of the most desirable climates in the world to live in (or at least here in the US) combined with a job market that has been exploding for almost a decade now.

We should GTG for some Spurs/Raps games this year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Both computers have Symantec endpoint installed. No other programs I can think of.
    Ew.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count

LAN connection to my laptop:

EDIT: With my rig.

The problem of course is I have to run an Ethernet cable from basically my entrance to the living room, because of where the network outlet was installed. Infuriating.
    Last edited by resistanze; 08-17-2015 at 07:30 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

LAN connection to my laptop:

EDIT: With my rig.

The problem of course is I have to run an Ethernet cable from basically my entrance to the living room, because of where the network outlet was installed. Infuriating.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looking forward to Google Fiber, but i'm OK with what I have right now

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    4k a month on rent? why not buy urself a place with that kind of money? thats like 48k rent dead money....

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    4k a month on rent? why not buy urself a place with that kind of money? thats like 48k rent dead money....
    Well if renting is 3500-4000...then you can assume places start at over a million to buy. Do the math; the rent vs buy question is no different than in other markets.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count

Webpass/Google Fiber tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jesus I just came

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Webpass/Google Fiber tbh
    dang..

I'm glad I'm just a normal bloke. I don't even complain when Shaw gives me 11mbs downlaod. Can't really tell the difference. I'm able to stream anything without buffer so who cares.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    dang..

I'm glad I'm just a normal bloke. I don't even complain when Shaw gives me 11mbs downlaod. Can't really tell the difference. I'm able to stream anything without buffer so who cares.
    Shaw tbh

I moved last fall; I used to get Webpass 500Mbps at my old place but my new place 'only' had 100Mbps...until they sent an email that Google has installed Gigabit in my area last week.

I downloaded a 430MB NVIDIA driver update in 4 seconds

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Faster than 99.99% of poor Americans"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    damn how many spreadsheets per second is that?

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shaw tbh

I moved last fall; I used to get Webpass 500Mbps at my old place but my new place 'only' had 100Mbps...until they sent an email that Google has installed Gigabit in my area last week.

I downloaded a 430MB NVIDIA driver update in 4 seconds
    Damn how long to archive hustler.com?

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    "Faster than 99.99% of poor Americans"
    damn how many spreadsheets per second is that?

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Damn how long to archive hustler.com?
    brb

Thread Information