San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Someone doesn't know what "impeach" means

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Someone doesn't know what "impeach" means
    Repugs, bubbas, red necks, marans, Bible humpers are mostly illiterate, ignorant, inarticulate

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But it does not matter so who cares. Hilary will be just fine as the country runs itself. Cynicism is very easy.

So what positions in the U.S. Government actually run the government?
    I never denied a president CAN make a difference. I said its possible for a president to be a total imbecile and the country will keep running. Exhibit A Bush Jr.

Still waiting on how Shillary, Jeb or Rubio would do a better job than Trump.....

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I never denied a president CAN make a difference. I said its possible for a president to be a total imbecile and the country will keep running. Exhibit A Bush Jr.

Still waiting on how Shillary, Jeb or Rubio would do a better job than Trump.....
    Still waiting for you to put your money where your mouth is on Bill Clinton's impeachment.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still waiting for you to put your money where your mouth is on Bill Clinton's impeachment.

sure he was buddy

"Bill Clinton was acquitted. The senate did not reach the 2/3's majority needed to fully process his impeachment. Clinton was impeached by the House on two charges. The first being perjury, and the second being obstruction of justice. Following this he was acquitted by the senate."

lol impeached

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

sure he was buddy

"The senate did not reach the 2/3's majority needed to fully process his impeachment. Clinton was impeached by the House on two charges. The first being perjury, and the second being obstruction of justice. Following this he was acquitted by the senate."

lol impeached
    The Senate doesn't impeach the President. The Senate tries the President after his impeachment by the House.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

sure he was buddy

"Bill Clinton was acquitted. The senate did not reach the 2/3's majority needed to fully process his impeachment. Clinton was impeached by the House on two charges. The first being perjury, and the second being obstruction of justice. Following this he was acquitted by the senate."

lol impeached

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The President, Vice President and all civil Officers of the United States, shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other High crimes and Misdemeanors.
    Clinton was impeached.

He was not convicted.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On February 12, 1999, the five-week impeachment trial of Bill Clinton comes to an end, with the Senate voting to acquit the president on both articles of impeachment: perjury and obstruction of justice.

sure he was buddy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On February 12, 1999, the five-week impeachment trial of Bill Clinton comes to an end, with the Senate voting to acquit the president on both articles of impeachment: perjury and obstruction of justice.

sure he was buddy
    Yep, the trial came to an end.

He had already been impeached.

December 19, 1998.

RESOLUTION

Resolved, That William Jefferson Clinton, President of the United States, is impeached for high crimes and misdemeanors, and that the following articles of impeachment be exhibited to the United States Senate....
    http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/.../~c105TOu8b2::

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

sure he was buddy
    sure it was buddy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sure it was buddy
    Yep, that was the trial.

He had already been impeached. See quote and link above.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can be impeached without being found guilty. The impeachment is the actual accusation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "two party system has serious flaws"

no, the REPUG party is seriously flawed, overtaken, controlled by VRWC-financed extremists who are intent on blocking all govt progress, while screwing the 99% and enabling/protecting/enriching the 1%.

VRWC/BigCorp/FIRE is paying Repug politicians to maintain the status quo which rigged in their favor.

VLWC
    booboo
    Last edited by spurraider21; 08-10-2015 at 12:13 PM.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I have already told why Trump would be horrible. You basically say ithe country can run itself with a poor president so what's your point with even mentioning the others?

And since the country can run itself, even with a megalomaniac like Trump, what positions in Government would Trump have to fill, or positions that would make a difference? I am assuming you don't want to move to Somalia given my last sentence. In other words, if no one runs a government there is no government. The ins ution ceases to exist.

So what positions would are the most critical since the poor president will not effect the government?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have already told why Trump would be horrible. You basically say ithe country can run itself with a poor president so what's your point with even mentioning the others?

And since the country can run itself, even with a megalomaniac like Trump, what positions in Government would Trump have to fill, or positions that would make a difference? I am assuming you don't want to move to Somalia given my last sentence. In other words, if no one runs a government there is no government. The ins ution ceases to exist.

So what positions would are the most critical since the poor president will not effect the government?
    Already stated a president CAN make a difference. But an imbecile can easily be president, by that I mean fulfill the presidential duties. Exhibit A, Bush.

Not sure where ur question is coming from. No one position is essential to government. Are you saying the government is filled with single points of failure?? Completely disagree with that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Already stated a president CAN make a difference. But an imbecile can easily be president, by that I mean fulfill the presidential duties. Exhibit A, Bush.

Not sure where ur question is coming from. No one position is essential to government. Are you saying the government is filled with single points of failure?? Completely disagree with that.
    Ok we will tick off a list I guess:

We can start outside the Executive office.
    Do you think Supreme Court appointments are critical?

And You think half of America could handle constantly being criticized, constantly be under threat of assassination, constantly have Secret Service telling them where to step and breathe. Really? I'm out as Pres. btw.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're looking at it the wrong way. Every branch of government being essential doesn't mean a part of each branch is.

And no president alone is not a branch of government. The presidential branch is run by the entire white house staff.

So again. No single individual is essential for government to run.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another bush? I rather become iranan citizen. Rubio? I rather become Cuban citizen

Neither of those have a clue how to run a country. At least trump can run a business empire. Trump trumps
    This is where it all started. I'm guessing your definition of "run" changed.

You claim That we have had many incompetent presidents and that half of this board could be president and run the country. (It does not really matter as the country could run itself in later posts.) Yet you would rather become an Iranian citizen implying it does matter. So I don't get it.

I guess you are saying a president who does nothing but the very basics, like the Queen of England, could suffice. As long as a president does not actually try to do anything ((Bush and Iraq) we are ok?

The most powerful position in the state of Texas is probably the Speaker of The House. The next set of questions were centered around this type of evaluation. Not about the entire structure v. A specific part. Just questions on specific positions.
    Last edited by pgardn; 08-10-2015 at 06:54 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is where it all started.

You claim That we have had many incompetent presidents and that half of the board could be president.
    Yes. Bush Jr makes this a fact.

But then it does not really matter as the country could run itself in later posts.
    yes

Yet you would rather become an Iranian citizen implying it does matter. So I don't get it.
    No I rather become an Iranian citizen if a 3rd Bush is elected to office. Just another Bush in the presidency who would expand on the previous 2 assholes would make an absolute mockery of this country

I guess you are saying a president who does nothing but the very basics like the Queen of England could suffice. So long as long as a president does not actually try to do anything ((Bush and Iraq) we are ok?
    You guess wrong. I never said Bush Jr. made an OK job. I said his stupid ass was able to get himself elected and remain in the presidency for the entire term. His presidency was an absolute disgrace but mainly because his handlers made it that way. (Cheney, Rove, etc)

A good president can possibly make a difference for the better. Just that the present candidates most likely wouldn't. Thus I see no difference between a Jeb Bush, or a Rubio or a Trump. At least Trump makes it entertaining

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And Trump can be a good president and make a positive difference?

As well as entertain.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes. Bush Jr makes this a fact.

yes

No I rather become an Iranian citizen if a 3rd Bush is elected to office. Just another Bush in the presidency who would expand on the previous 2 assholes would make an absolute mockery of this country

You guess wrong. I never said Bush Jr. made an OK job. I said his stupid ass was able to get himself elected and remain in the presidency for the entire term. His presidency was an absolute disgrace but mainly because his handlers made it that way. (Cheney, Rove, etc)

A good president can possibly make a difference for the better. Just that the present candidates most likely wouldn't. Thus I see no difference between a Jeb Bush, or a Rubio or a Trump. At least Trump makes it entertaining
    No way half of this board could handle the pressure. Fact. If Bush being a bad president is a fact.

You are sure Jeb Bush is just like his brother but not his dad? Or his dad sucked as well?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    another bush. that's all I need to know.

Still waiting for your reasons as to why Jeb would do a better job than Trump. And talking better and being more diplomatic arent 2 of them. Obama is one of the best most diplomatic speakers in history and he still sucks.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Not pertaining to trump but still LOL

Thread Information