Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Illegal immigration remains a hotly contested issue as the 2016 presidential campaigns get underway. While Democrats have largely supported a pathway to citizenship for unauthorized immigrants and backed President Barack Obama’s programs to shield from deportation young people brought to the U.S. as children illegally, Republicans have largely opposed them.

More recently, debate about illegal immigration has focused on those from Mexico, the largest single group of immigrants in the United States. Pew Research Center tracks the origins of unauthorized immigrants, their participation in the labor force and where in the U.S. they are settling.

Here’s what we know about illegal immigration to the U.S. from Mexico:

1The number of Mexican immigrants living in the U.S. illegally has declined.In 2014, 5.6 million unauthorized immigrants from Mexico lived in the U.S., down by about 1 million since 2007. Despite the drop, Mexicans still make up about half (49% in 2014) of unauthorized immigrants. At the same time, unauthorized immigration overall has leveled off in recent years.

More non-Mexicans than Mexicans were apprehended at U.S. borders in 2014
    , the first time on record this has happened. In fiscal 2014, 229,178 Mexicans were apprehended, a sharp drop from a peak of 1.6 million apprehended in 2000. The decline in apprehensions reflects the decrease in number of unauthorized Mexican immigrants coming to the U.S.

Even as border apprehensions dropped, deportations of Mexican immigrants reached a record high in 2013 of 314,904, up from 169,031 in 2005. This is due in part to a 2005 shift in policy that has increased the chances of being deported following apprehension in the border region, instead of just being sent back without an order of removal.
    http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank...n-from-mexico/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well that's even worse news because once you get south of mexico the people there are pure tomahawk chuckin' savages with maybe only 1/64th Spanish dna

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you live in a dreamworld. race is a myth. pure social construct. no scientific basis whatsoever.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cubans treated differently than Central Americans:

LAREDO, Tex. — They are crossing the border here by the hundreds each day, approved to enter the United States in a matter of hours.

Part of a fast-rising influx of Cubans, they walk out to a Laredo street and are greeted by volunteers from Cubanos en Libertad, or Cubans in Freedom, who help them arrange travel to their American destination — often Miami — and start applying for work permits and federal benefits like food stamps and Medicaid, available by law to Cubans immediately after their arrival.

The friendly reception given the Cubans, an artifact of hostile relations with the Castro government, is a stark contrast with the treatment of Central American families fleeing violence in their countries. And it is creating tensions in this predominantly Mexican-American city, where residents saw how Central American migrants, who came in an influx in 2014, were detained by the Border Patrol and ordered to appear in immigration courts.

“The people here are starting to feel resentment,” said Representative Henry Cuellar, Democrat of Texas, whose congressional district includes the city. “They are asking, is it fair that the Cubans get to stay and the Central Americans are being deported?”
    http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/13/us...omes-vary.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yup, this is something I pointed out a long time ago. The idea that Cruz or Rubio (both with cuban backgrounds) would get traction with Hispanics completely obviates this dynamic. Rubio has been more open to pay lip service to the Telemundo crowd, but it's obviously difficult if he wants to win the nomination.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    claptrap about weakened border enforcement is just that. Obama ramped it up to historically high levels.

Back in June 2015, when Trump first rode a Trump Tower escalator into the presidential campaign, among his initial promises was the building of a "great" and "beautiful" wall on the border. ("And no one builds walls better than me, believe me. I will do it very inexpensively. I will have Mexico pay for that wall.") As he pulled that promise out of a hat with a magician's flair, the actual history of the border disappeared. From then on in Election 2016, there was just empty desert and Donald Trump.

As reporters chase after Donald Trump's wild claims and declarations, the reality of America's southern border goes largely unreported.

Suddenly, there hadn't been a bipartisan government effort over the last quarter-century to put in place an unprecedented array of walls, detection systems, and guards for that southern border. In those years, the number of Border Patrol agents had, in fact, quintupled from 4,000 to more than 21,000, while Customs and Border Protection became the largest federal law enforcement agency in the country with more than 60,000 agents. The annual budget for border and immigration enforcement ballooned from $1.5 billion to $19.5 billion, a more than twelvefold increase. By 2016, federal funding of border and immigration enforcement added up to $5 billion more than funding for all other federal law enforcement agencies combined.
    http://www.motherjones.com/politics/...ald-trump-wall

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    why do conservatives assume liberals are weak on immigration?

As reporters chase their tails attempting to explain Trump's wild and often unfounded claims and declarations, the on-the-ground border reality goes unreported. Indeed, one of the greatest "secrets" of the 2016 campaign (though it should be common knowledge) is that the border wall already exists. It has existed for years, and the fingerprints all over it aren't Donald Trump's but those of Bill and Hillary Clinton.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Although wall construction began during Bill Clinton's administration, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) built most of the approximately 700 miles of fencing after the Secure Fence Act of 2006 was passed. Sen. Hillary Clinton voted in favor of that Republican-introduced bill, as did 26 other Democrats. "I voted numerous times when I was a senator to spend money to build a barrier to try to prevent illegal immigrants from coming in," she commented at one 2015 campaign event, "and I do think you have to control your borders."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    More than 2.5 million people have been expelled from the country by the Obama administration, an average annual deportation rate of close to 400,000. This was, by the way, only possible thanks to laws signed by Bill Clinton in 1996 and meant to burnish his legacy. They vastly expanded the government's deportation powers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    why is the liberal media not repeating the current president has kicked out that many illegals
    they are afraid if they do people will not vote for clinton

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mother Jones doesn't count as the liberal media?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    there is no MSM coverup, just whiny Republicans crapping their pants over the weakest GOP candidate since Goldwater and the very likely prospect of losing to the second most unpopular candidate ever.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Latino and Hispanic iden ies aren’t the same. They’re also not racial groups.

To understand what race Latinos and Hispanics are, you first must understand the difference between Latinos and Hispanics

Lazo points out that Hispanic iden y refers to language, or "people of Spanish-speaking origins." Latinx iden y, however, refers to people whose origins are geographically located in Latin America.
    http://www.vox.com/2016/8/28/1265890...city-explained

Latinos are Indians, so why aren't they on the reservation?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know many Hispanics they do not support illegal immigration!
    they came here legally and they hate them!

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well thats just your tuff isnt it?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Latino and Hispanic iden ies aren’t the same. They’re also not racial groups.

To understand what race Latinos and Hispanics are, you first must understand the difference between Latinos and Hispanics

Lazo points out that Hispanic iden y refers to language, or "people of Spanish-speaking origins." Latinx iden y, however, refers to people whose origins are geographically located in Latin America.
    http://www.vox.com/2016/8/28/1265890...city-explained

Latinos are Indians, so why aren't they on the reservation?

Most brown skinned so-called latinos and so called hispanic are closer to so called native murican.
    Especially those with Mexican ancestry.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rumors about the disinfection process spread across Mexico. Some migrants feared that people would be burned to death in the kerosene bath, especially after at least 25 bathers died when someone lit a match in a disinfection station. Women also feared being photographed naked in the baths.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll bet that Trump has more scruples than union leaders.
    I almost miss Wild Cobra posts

Thread Information