My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tony Porker and his bloated contract

Overrated fat piece of

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My question is will the Spurs use future cap space or will Holt take a backseat and stay way under the tax line ...

Sliver and Crack
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Using all available capspace and staying under the tax line are not mutually exclusive . That is the way the Spurs have operated forever.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The other option is to tank 3-4 seasons, get some high picks, wait for the rookies to reach their prime, sign the right role players and get a top coach.

On the other hand, the Spurs had the chance to rebuild this season, giving Kawhi and LaMacurs max deals. Re-sign Duncan and Manu, bring all the key pieces back. The Spurs could win another championship in the next two seasons, and are set for the future.

This isn't like when the Spurs signed RJ, Aldridge is a top 10 NBA player.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My question is will the Spurs use future cap space or will Holt take a backseat and stay way under the tax line ...
    If the past is any indication, there is no danger of that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What about Boban's medical condition? Is there a way to leave him off the team, keep his contract in play, and get an exemption on the salary? I think Williams is gone.

Wouldn't be surprised to see a cut develop between Jimmer vs. Bonner depending on which position (PF vs SG) needs the backup 3pt shooter worse.

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If I remember, the way they structured it, if you're $1 over you pay $1.50 in tax. If you're a repeat offender and you're $1 over, you pay $2.50 in tax. The tax percentage, and the repeat offender percentages escalate, the farther you go over the tax threshold.

So being a repeat offender isn't so bad, if you don't go too far over - since that's what it's based on. You don't get a distribution, of course, but you don't get murdered unless you go way over the threshold in the second (or successive) year. With the cap going up, I doubt the Spurs will be farther over the threshold next year than they are this year.
    Dan Gilbert going from burning Lebron jerseys to burning coal to keep his house warm in winter.

Sliver and Crack
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gilbert is a multi-billionaire. If he's decided to throw gobs of money at his hobby, he'll still have plenty left after 2-3 les. Which is what he's aiming at.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gilbert is a multi-billionaire. If he's decided to throw gobs of money at his hobby, he'll still have plenty left after 2-3 les. Which is what he's aiming at.
    The Cavs are likely profitable I would guess. LBJ makes them the equivalent of a big market team for as long as he's in Cleveland.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tony Porker and his bloated contract

Overrated fat piece of
    post of the day and nominee for post of the year tbh

Thread Information