San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    but the real voter fraud is impersonating another voter

All Hail the Legatron The Reckoning's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the isis isn't "real" to you because it hasn't impacted you yet

nor will it ever. i bet my left testicle the only way ISIS will impact me directly is through more TSA screening.

and to make that a central issue for you when there are so many others affecting you each and every day shows that you've fallen for the new boogeyman
    Last edited by The Reckoning; 03-23-2016 at 04:29 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    but the real voter fraud is impersonating another voter
    but disenfranchisement only affects minorities and is a ploy of republicans

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nor will it ever. i bet my left testicle the only way ISIS will impact me directly is through more TSA screening.

and to make that a central issue for you when there are so many others affecting you each and every day shows that you've fallen for the new boogeyman

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

not sure where i've ever made it a central issue. ignoring it makes little sense, as well

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    already did brah

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    already have 2/3 of required signatures

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TYT about to interview Sanders. Hopefully they ask about AZ.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uVpG3frhJ8

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if their studio caught fire and they had to cancel, it wouldnt be the worst thing tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    but disenfranchisement only affects minorities and is a ploy of republicans
    Please do point me to Democratic legislatures that have enacted voter ID laws.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Please do point me to Democratic legislatures that have enacted voter ID laws.
    were republican voters disenfranchised in the arizona primary?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes. Which was my entire point. Republicans are busy passing laws to prevent a problem that doesn't exist in order to disenfranchise Democratic voters. Meanwhile, actual voting problems do exist and.... I look forward to the Arizona legislature passing sweeping legislation to prevent this again in the future.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I look forward to the Arizona legislature passing sweeping legislation to prevent this again in the future.
    i can get on board with that

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/weakened-...ers-wait-hours

Until the Supreme Court’s 2013 ruling that weakened the Voting Rights Act, Arizona and its local governments were required under the VRA’s Section 5 to get approval from the federal government before making any changes to their election rules. If the change might harm minority voters, it could be blocked.

It was exactly these sorts of local changes, generally made under the radar and without fanfare, that Section 5 was designed to stop. Twice before, in 1980 and 1985, jurisdictions in Arizona were blocked from changing the number or location of polling places under Section 5, according to Justice Department records.

Reports suggest the problems Tuesday were county-wide, and affected voters of all races. But Maricopa County’s population is 43 percent non-white or Hispanic, meaning it has a far higher share of minorities than the rest of the state.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i can get on board with that
    won't happen, AZ is Repug, they HATE democracy and government.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Phoenix mayor calls for probe of county's handling of presidential nominating vote

Phoenix's mayor on Wednesday urged a federal probe into the local county's handling of voting in Arizona's presidential nominating contest, questioning whether minority voters were granted a fair chance to cast their ballots.

Greg Stanton asked the U.S. Department of Justice to investigate a decision by Maricopa County officials to slash the number of polling locations in Arizona's most populous county and leave minority-heavy areas with seemingly fewer sites.

The Democratic mayor called the vote "a fiasco" after voters had to wait in line for several hours on Tuesday to cast their ballots. Donald Trump won the state's Republican contest, while Hillary Clinton won on the Democratic side.

"Because of the unacceptably disparate distribution of polling locations, I respectfully request the U.S. Department of Justice investigate what took place [...] to ensure all voters are treated equally," Stanton said in the letter to Attorney General Loretta Lynch.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-us...e=domesticNews

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the great reduction in polling places was in minority areas, not Repug/white areas.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Voter suppression comes in many forms – such as fewer polling stations.

Just 60 polling stations were open in Maricopa County yesterday, the most populous in Arizona -- forcing some voters to wait 5 hours in line.

Bernie justifiably called it a “disgrace.”

In 2012 there were at least 200 polling stations;

in 2008, 400.

Maricopa County Recorder Helen Purcell, a Republican (pictured below) said she took full responsibility but voters could have voted early had they wanted to. “That was their option in this instance," she said.

Baloney. Voting is a right, not a privilege. No one knows how many voters gave up on Wednesday and whom they might have voted for, but the fiasco draws the results into question, and gives our democracy another black eye.

https://www.facebook.com/RBReich/?fref=nf

Repugs UP, intentionally, everything they touch.

Last edited by boutons_deux; 03-24-2016 at 03:44 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    won't happen, AZ is Repug, they HATE democracy and government.
    Lol

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tyt Bernie interview.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ... eloquent as always, with tons of supporting evidence, facts. It's so hard to one-up you, spurraider, just so hard.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There Were 5-Hour Lines to Vote in Arizona Because the Supreme Court Gutted the Voting Rights Act

The lines were so long because election officials in Phoenix’s Maricopa County, the largest in the state, reduced the number of polling places by 70 percent from 2012 to 2016, from 200 to just 60—one polling place per every 21,000 voters.

Previously, Maricopa County would have needed to receive federal approval for reducing the number of polling sites, because Arizona was one of 16 states where jurisdictions with a long history of discrimination had to submit their voting changes under Section 5 of the Voting Rights Act.

This type of change would very likely have been blocked since minorities make up 40 percent of Maricopa County’s population and reducing the number of polling places would have left minority voters worse off. Section 5 blocked 22 voting changes from taking effect in Arizona since the state was covered under the VRA in 1975 for discriminating against Hispanic and Native American voters.

But after the Supreme Court gutted the VRA in 2013, Arizona could make election changes without federal oversight. The long lines in Maricopa County last night were the latest example of the disastrous consequences of that decision.

http://www.thenation.com/article/the...ng-rights-act/

VRWC shills on SCOTUS doing what they were appointed to do: screw Americans and America, while enabling/protecting/enriching BigCorp and 1%.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bernie's ideologies are Jesus-esque. Only difference is he actually exists tbh.

Thread Information