Page 53 of 112 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 2796
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cruz would, there is no way the house would turn blue and it's full of teabaggers from safe districts.
    It wouldn't be enough for the House to turn blue. It'd have to turn blue in a way that rural states went for Democrats. This is like the worst tie-breaker ever.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cruz would, there is no way the house would turn blue and it's full of teabaggers from safe districts.
    We don't even know that Cruz would be the republican nominee. He's also quite hated in Washington. Lindsey Graham joked about killing him on the senate floor and getting away with it.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It wouldn't be enough for the House to turn blue. It'd have to turn blue in a way that rural states went for Democrats. This is like the worst tie-breaker ever.
    Which is why I hope there is rioting and Washington gets burned to the ground next time the house gets to pick a president, since it overwhelmingly favors conservative voters in small states by lumping large states into single votes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We've talked about this before. The actual way the president gets picked is more complicated. One, because it would be the incoming house, not the current one. Two, it would be one vote per state, with the representatives having to decide collectively for their state's single vote. I actually have no idea who would win in such a case.

EDIT: Oh, lord, it's not close. Republicans would win 30-13 with seven swing states, three of whom are currently Republican. It would take some Compromise of 1872 stuff for the Democrates to win. Only good news is that it would probably end the Electoral College once and for all.
    Because cons utional amendments are so easy to pass.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We don't even know that Cruz would be the republican nominee. He's also quite hated in Washington. Lindsey Graham joked about killing him on the senate floor and getting away with it.
    It would be political suicide for the party to completely disregard its voters the way they'd be doing by nominating anyone other than Cruz or Trump. If they do that the Republican party is done as we know it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Or it could cause civil war and end the cons ution.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's why the College is still around. If you had a brokered election in the modern era, you'd have enough unhappy people to get that 66 percent of Congress and 75 percent of states.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It would be political suicide for the party to completely disregard its voters the way they'd be doing by nominating anyone other than Cruz or Trump. If they do that the Republican party is done as we know it.
    Tell that to John Kasich.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tell that to John Kasich.
    I think Kasich is only in the game to try to keep Trump from getting 50% in New York, which would be a slam dunk for Trump if Cruz was his only compe ion. The Republicans are much better off running Cruz than Trump since Cruz isn't going to motivate minority voters to show up nearly as much as Trump will. A Cruz nomination gives them a much better chance of retaining control of the senate.

My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    I think Kasich is only in the game to try to keep Trump from getting 50% in New York, which would be a slam dunk for Trump if Cruz was his only compe ion. The Republicans are much better off running Cruz than Trump since Cruz isn't going to motivate minority voters to show up nearly as much as Trump will. A Cruz nomination gives them a much better chance of retaining control of the senate.
    It's not about getting 50% in New York to sweep delegates. It's about getting 50% in each congressional district to sweep the delegates. Otherwise he splits delegates in each district to get the guy getting second.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's running aggressive attack ads against Cruz in New York. I sincerely doubt he's in the race to just take one for the team. He's hoping for a brokered convention that he emerges from knowing both Trump and Cruz are disliked by the establishment.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What you call "right wing assholes" are so far left that they walk in circles. Every union you have in the UK is run by Communist.
    I guess you don't know what a communist state is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you think you have a shot at leaving the EU in the upcoming Brexit vote?
    There's a definite chance, mostly because the pro-EU camp is spear-headed by the toothless Cameron, and the fear tactics of the anti-EU camp seemingly work on the closet racists in the country who see the question as nothing more than 'immigrants or no immigrants.'

I'd rather it didn't happen honestly, leaves Britain as nothing more than a right wing libertarian free-market play thing.

sha na na na na kneeeees Axl Rose's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lmao is m>s still hanging around here under his troll handles? Pathetic tbh imo fwiw

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bernie is holding a massive rally here in the Bronx. Holy , it's mother ing huge. Looks like a sea of ants.

If he could get his rally people to actually vote, he'd win everything. These people just like to show up to his speeches and not vote..or cant.

I've met a handful of people who like and go to his rallies that aren't even American Citizens. LOL

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can we all agree politicians are selfish dipsticks with zero genuine concern for John and Suzie Citizen?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can we all agree politicians are selfish dipsticks with zero genuine concern for John and Suzie Citizen?
    I don't doubt Bernie's sincerity.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't doubt Bernie's sincerity.
    I agree that Bern out of all of them seems to be sincere.
    He certainly brings up topics that the sell outs cringe to.
    Like how the 1% phucks the 99.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree that Bern out of all of them seems to be sincere.
    He certainly brings up topics that the sell outs cringe to.
    Like how the 1% phucks the 99.
    ....and that is the main difference between Trump and Bern.....Bern talks the talk and walks the walk.....everything he says he will work for....Trump? Who knows? While its good that he isn't taking big money donations and isn't bound to any special interest, politically, he's the wildcard....

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here's kind of cheating Bernie is succeeding against.

Published on Apr 12, 2016

Hot on the heels of the Republican situation in Colorado where Trump got more votes but Cruz took the state, we’re now learning that the Democratic establishment made some “mistakes” there as well.

The party establishment took one of Bernie’s delegates and sent it to Hillary.

They later called the Clinton campaign to advise them of the situation. They never called the Sanders campaign. He learned about it from a reporter. Ana Kasparian, John Iadarola (ThinkTank), and Jimmy Dore, hosts of The Young Turks, break it down. Tell us what you think in the comment section below.

"Bernie Sanders easily won the Colorado caucus in March, but a mistake made by the Democratic Party awarded the Vermont senator one less delegate than he actually earned – and the party didn’t bother telling the Sanders campaign about the error...

Originally, it was projected that

Sanders – who won the Democratic caucus against Hillary Clinton by a tally of 60 percent to 40 percent – would earn 38 delegates compared to Clinton’s 28.

After tallying Clinton’s support from 10 Colorado superdelegates, the former secretary of state tied Sanders 38-38 in delegates.

If she won the support of the last two state superdelegates, Clinton could have actually won Colorado despite losing the primary vote by 20 points…

The counting error was discovered by the Democrats about a week after the caucus, the Denver Post reported, yet the party did not announce the news to the public or the Sanders campaign.

The only people it did inform were in the Clinton camp.

The website featuring party results still shows the old, incorrect tallies from Denver County.”*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oX8uM4YEyu4

Last edited by boutons_deux; 04-13-2016 at 10:52 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    e Lee.

Less than a month ago he was eating Hillary's . celeb endorsements.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll be in town for something else but wanted to check out the rally Sunday at Prospect Park. Hope I'll even be able to get in with the looks of this rally.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bernie is holding a massive rally here in the Bronx. Holy , it's mother ing huge. Looks like a sea of ants.

If he could get his rally people to actually vote, he'd win everything. These people just like to show up to his speeches and not vote..or cant.

I've met a handful of people who like and go to his rallies that aren't even American Citizens. LOL
    The large majority of them vote. If there's something you can undoubtedly say it's that Bernie supporters are much more passionate than Shillary supporters. They're the same people that waited in line 6 hours in Arizona to vote for him. He does pretty well in day of voting, even in states he loses. Shillary has countered that by hitting up nursing homes and duping the low information senior citizens into early voting for her tbh.

Thread Information