Page 75 of 112 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985 ... LastLast
Results 1,851 to 1,875 of 2796
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only reason Bernie looks like he has a shot and has certain minority galvanized is because guys like Joe Biden are absolutely atrocious. Its still early, but it’s not looking great.
    It's amazing the wise establishmentarian heads and all their magpies online are going with the same strategy as 2016: pushing an elderly, center-right, out of touch, dues-paid party insider dubbed "most electable"

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's amazing the wise establishmentarian heads and all their magpies online are going with the same strategy as 2016: pushing an elderly, center-right, out of touch, dues-paid party insider dubbed "most electable"
    Why are the awesome far left candidates trying to destroy each other?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like that.

Warren is only now a "establishment" candidate because she's competing against Bernie. There's nothing establisment about Warren.
    She'll tow the line, always has.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Biden is not the only one running though...

Bernie cant even poll in second place in states like South Carolina. Like in 2016 he'll get his ass lit up in the south.
    I'm not a fan of Bernie either. There should be an age limit for candidates.

Also, we should return the south back to Mexico, tbh...

Yeah, obviously I disagree about Biden and I think its been proven over and over that you progressives have zero understanding of his appeal and never will. That said this is really a fairly weak field and would obviously love some galvanizing figure like 1960 JFK or 2008 Obama but there is no one like that here.
    What's there to like about him? Name me one thing likeable about the guy? Low energy, flip flopper, old, creepy, completely dishonest. I mean, I get it, Trump shares a lot of those attributes too, and he's completely unlikeable too unless you've been banned from twitter for being a bot or you were buying into pizzagate, tbh...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks to me like the plan is a Biden/Warren ticket. Not sure that's going to get the Bernie bros onboard. Probably piss them off even more. Rigged again lol
    Warren is way more corporatist that she lets on, but there's no way she gets the VP nod, IMO. Grandpa would basically lose all the endorsement money from Wall Street, and he doesn't have to.

He'll pick another minority guy that tows the line, maybe Booker, Castro or even Beto.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's there to like about him? Name me one thing likeable about the guy? Low energy, flip flopper, old, creepy, completely dishonest. I mean, I get it, Trump shares a lot of those attributes too, and he's completely unlikeable too unless you've been banned from twitter for being a bot or you were buying into pizzagate, tbh...
    C'mon that's not a fair comparison. Trump is anything but low energy and when it comes to lying he's way better than Biden can ever hope to be.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Warren is way more corporatist that she lets on, but there's no way she gets the VP nod, IMO. Grandpa would basically lose all the endorsement money from Wall Street, and he doesn't have to.

He'll pick another minority guy that tows the line, maybe Booker, Castro or even Beto.
    i can see biden/beto

would be funny since beto is a wannabe barry, and this time biden would be in charge

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    C'mon that's not a fair comparison. Trump is anything but low energy and when it comes to lying he's way better than Biden can ever hope to be.
    Low energy is the only attribute that they don't share. As far as lying, I'll say Trump is 10x worse, but more entertaining? Honestly, I'm not into the 'levels of lying' thing, they both lie like there's no tomorrow.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Idk, every Dem talking head I've heard can't stop saying how much blacks love Joe and Warren is an acceptable alternative to Bernie. Just seems like they think it would be a good pairing. Like I said I don't think it is. We'll see.

It's funny that the Dems have out done the GOP primary from 2016. A larger field of even tier choices .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Idk, every Dem talking head I've heard can't stop saying how much blacks love Joe and Warren is an acceptable alternative to Bernie. Just seems like they think it would be a good pairing. Like I said I don't think it is. We'll see.

It's funny that the Dems have out done the GOP primary from 2016. A larger field of even tier choices .
    no

there were some very ty dems, but thats because the pool was also a lot bigger. but trump, carson, cruz being among the frontrunners at all times, i mean thats historically terrible. kasich was the saving grace. i liked graham at the time, too, but man he has full TDS right now

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Yup. And yet, probably the tiest, less serious candidate from that field ended up winning the election. C'est la vie.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no

there were some very ty dems, but thats because the pool was also a lot bigger. but trump, carson, cruz being among the frontrunners at all times, i mean thats historically terrible. kasich was the saving grace. i liked graham at the time, too, but man he has full TDS right now
    If the Dems had a Kasich, they'll be set. Right now, Biden = emo version of Trump, and Bernie = older Louie Gohmert.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ok, maybe that's unfair to Bernie... not Gohmert. Maybe an older Ted Cruz... with the whole getting cucked and helping Shillary post-primaries.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no

lol How come you can't seperate your personal views at all when discussing the side you aren't ever going to vote for anyway? That's like me saying the best Dem candidates were Tim Ryan and Delaney.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why are the awesome far left candidates trying to destroy each other?
    Eh, I don't think this latest furore is all that big a deal. All seems a bit contrived to me.

Won't matter much when Warren drops out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I will admit that the fact that Carson, and even Cain got any traction was hilarious.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Politicians saying mean things about each other is garden variety campaigning at this point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You'll notice Darrin can never, ever find the stones to answer this question.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    She'll tow the line, always has.
    Is that like pulling the train?

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NM saw followup post
    Last edited by Spurminator; 01-16-2020 at 12:39 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes insulting the people who support certain candidates is the way to go when they don’t want to vote for you. That’s an even better strategy.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is where conservative sociopathy gives them an advantage in every national election.

Looking like a flagrantly dishonest, racist and misogynist billionaire with no political experience or credibility is going to get the Republican nomination?
    "Oh well, better fall in line. As long as we win."

Looking like an old-fashioned former VP with some bad decisions in his past might get the Democratic nomination to run again the above nominee?
    "THIS IS AN OUTRAGE."
    "Not unless he supports free college and a $15 minimum wage!"
    "Oh great, another straight white man."
    " it, I'm staying home."

I don't buy all this "establishment/DNC is pushing Biden" garbage. The polls aren't DNC inventions. For whatever reason, Biden still has the support of the public. He's certainly given them plenty of opportunities to withdraw that support. But most people don't watch the debates or speeches or follow any of this. They see "Biden" and there's brand association with Obama. That's all he needs. And if that's all we need to get the current POTUS out of office, so be it. I can live with Joe Biden picking federal judges and signing/vetoing legislation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol How come you can't seperate your personal views at all when discussing the side you aren't ever going to vote for anyway? That's like me saying the best Dem candidates were Tim Ryan and Delaney.
    I voted for Romney tbh. Probably wouldn’t repeat that move if i went back in time, admittedly.

Kasich was in the final 3 though

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes insulting the people who support certain candidates is the way to go when they don’t want to vote for you. That’s an even better strategy.
    Absent a physical record of a two year old conversation, reports of what were said are more or less unverifiable. I don't buy that Bernie Sanders said what Warren said he did.

The tactical error is Warren's, IMO.

Thread Information