Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Clever got me this far... JMarkJohns's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Phoenix Suns
    College
    Arizona Wildcats
    My main hope is they don't go all 'Lost' with it and get completely lost in their own storyline.
    I too share this concern. But the episodes have had a flow in story/plot/characters. If this show tries to be anything more than 1/2 seasons, then I will worry.

I hope they take a page out of Twin Peaks forced upon playbook and realize sometimes less is more.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Phoenix Suns
    College
    Arizona Wildcats
    I'm having an issue grasping the fundamentals of how and where this world exists.

Is Westworld housed inside of that complex, or is it some kind of digital alternate universe? At the end of each day, are all of the dead androids removed, cleaned up / repaired, and placed back into Westworld? Where are the visitors during all of this?

Are we even supposed to know any of this yet?
    I'm sure this is part of the "maze" reveal.

Clearly it's not just digital. But it's also clearly not just physical. Some biosphere-like, technology based set houses within the complex makes most sense, with maybe the "maze" being a Truman Show-like escape.

Now that I think about it, this is sort of hilarious considering Ed Harris' character in this show vs Truman Show.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    havnt watch it, but i assume the person in charge of the world in that dimension controls everything i assume from a flick of a button?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Phoenix Suns
    College
    Arizona Wildcats
    havnt watch it, but i assume the person in charge of the world in that dimension controls everything i assume from a flick of a button?
    No... if you watched you'd see that the power is theoretical and dominance requires interaction.

This why everything is going crazy.

It's not a simple fix. And the guy in charge may be the craziest of them all.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    I'm sure this is part of the "maze" reveal.

Clearly it's not just digital. But it's also clearly not just physical. Some biosphere-like, technology based set houses within the complex makes most sense, with maybe the "maze" being a Truman Show-like escape.

Now that I think about it, this is sort of hilarious considering Ed Harris' character in this show vs Truman Show.
    nice

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I gotta stop watching this show when I am tired

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I gotta stop watching this show when I am tired
    I had this issue tonight when I tried to watch the movie.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Phoenix Suns
    College
    Arizona Wildcats
    That was a nice, tidy bow tied to wrap up the first half of the series.

I cannot wait for each episode.

The madness that lay in wait seems to be torrential.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    William is such a pussy but he is smart and rationale in this elaborate game. It's interesting to see his character evolve

Is the man in black like an agent Smith in the matrix?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Portland Trail Blazers
    College
    Oregon State Beavers
    I've only seen the first two episodes so far, but I like it. I thought the man in black would be the equivalent of Yul Brynner, but apparently not. Brynner's character was one of the "hosts" in the movie. He was one of the best "bad guy" characters I've seen in a movie.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    No... if you watched you'd see that the power is theoretical and dominance requires interaction.

This why everything is going crazy.

It's not a simple fix. And the guy in charge may be the craziest of them all.
    isnt this like surrogates bruce willis movie?
    so what happens if someone hacks and becomes godmode over the person in charge? or the person in charge is in godmode under another character where nobody knows its them...
    how about killing someone in that world that affects the real world where that person also dies?

hey do they spawn again in this series after gettin killed?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Phoenix Suns
    College
    Arizona Wildcats
    I don't believe it's a Surrogates or Avatar style frontier. I believe the honest person is participating... it's a form of reality, albeit a controlled one from the technology standpoint, except the real people interacting has created just enough awakening or rift moments that certain techs are now actualizing.

It's beyond glitches. It's beyond someone with entire control.

The train is coming off the tracks. It just simply is.

bandwagon hater
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I follow the main fan theory that 2 time lines are actually going on and the Man in Black is actually William, and the William we see is the Man in Black's first time entering the park 30 years ago. It is still kinda vague if that is the case, but if you put the pieces of an incomplete puzzle together, it sort of makes sense.... The only problem with this theory is that Deloris was becoming sentient WAY back in the past (30+ years ago) and is still in her loop when Willaim is the "man in black" so many years in the "future" which would be kind of sad and ed up.

Also, Anthony Hopkins acting CANNOT be overstated... the dude is a ing master actor. That restaurant scene when he lays down the law... holy ! Gave me the chills.

As far as the fan theory that two time lines are going on, I could point out the indicators if anyone would like, but for now I wont spoil anything if this theory is correct unless someone asks.
    Last edited by phyzik; 11-04-2016 at 12:38 AM.

bandwagon hater
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    There is also another theory that Bernard is a "synth" but I don't buy into that at this point.... Who knows though.

This show is great!

bandwagon hater
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Also, has anyone picked up on all the "piano" songs and background music?

Amazing music re-imagining...

Black Hole Sun - Soundgarden
    Paint it Black - Rolling Stones
    A forest - The Cure
    Something I can Never Have - Nine Inch Nails

I'm forgetting one but cant think what it is....

*Edit*

No Suprises - Radiohead (wasnt as good as the others)

Paint it black is probably my favorite so far..... They really made it sound like an "old Western" movie theme song while keeping the spirit of the original song.

Last edited by phyzik; 11-04-2016 at 01:16 AM.

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Also, has anyone picked up on all the "piano" songs and background music?

Amazing music re-imagining...

Black Hole Sun - Soundgarden
    Paint it Black - Rolling Stones
    A forest - The Cure
    Something I can Never Have - Nine Inch Nails

I'm forgetting one but cant think what it is....

*Edit*

No Suprises - Radiohead (wasnt as good as the others)

Paint it black is probably my favorite so far..... They really made it sound like an "old Western" movie theme song while keeping the spirit of the original song.

Yup. Last episode's NIN "Something I can never have" was pretty dope.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    Name
    benefactor
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    God damn why can't I binge this? .

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I follow the main fan theory that 2 time lines are actually going on and the Man in Black is actually William, and the William we see is the Man in Black's first time entering the park 30 years ago. It is still kinda vague if that is the case, but if you put the pieces of an incomplete puzzle together, it sort of makes sense.... The only problem with this theory is that Deloris was becoming sentient WAY back in the past (30+ years ago) and is still in her loop when Willaim is the "man in black" so many years in the "future" which would be kind of sad and ed up.

Also, Anthony Hopkins acting CANNOT be overstated... the dude is a ing master actor. That restaurant scene when he lays down the law... holy ! Gave me the chills.

As far as the fan theory that two time lines are going on, I could point out the indicators if anyone would like, but for now I wont spoil anything if this theory is correct unless someone asks.

dude you just blew my mind with that theory. I knew William would have to come back at some point but had never even considered the timeline possibility or the fact that William may be the man in black. I've never seen the movie so I'm completely knew to this whole plot. I've wondered the same about Bernard. But I also wonder if AH character is actually a lunatic or a host himself. Am I way off in thinking this?

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    That makes a ton of sense. I have felt like there were a few times when the storylines seemed disconnected from each other.

bandwagon hater
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    dude you just blew my mind with that theory. I knew William would have to come back at some point but had never even considered the timeline possibility or the fact that William may be the man in black. I've never seen the movie so I'm completely knew to this whole plot. I've wondered the same about Bernard. But I also wonder if AH character is actually a lunatic or a host himself. Am I way off in thinking this?
    As far as I know, the show is just loosely based off of the original movie, basically just based off of the premise of it and not really following any narrative from the source material. As far as Ford (Anthony Hopkins) at this point, I don't think he is a host and I highly doubt that will end up being the case.... but who knows where they will take the show. I DO think he is hiding something extremely profound when it comes to the park's true nature/purpose.

On a side note, I didn't even realize the guy that plays the host "Old Bill" (the host in cold storage that Ford occasionally talks to) was the same actor that played "Top dollar" from "The Crow".

Same guy!!!
    Last edited by phyzik; 11-04-2016 at 10:58 PM.

bandwagon hater
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    My new bedtime song... I forgot how awesome NIN and Trent Reznor were.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Phoenix Suns
    College
    Arizona Wildcats
    As far as I know, the show is just loosely based off of the original movie, basically just based off of the premise of it and not really following any narrative from the source material. As far as Ford (Anthony Hopkins) at this point, I don't think he is a host and I highly doubt that will end up being the case.... but who knows where they will take the show. I DO think he is hiding something extremely profound when it comes to the park's true nature/purpose.

On a side note, I didn't even realize the guy that plays the host "Old Bill" (the host in cold storage that Ford occasionally talks to) was the same actor that played "Top dollar" from "The Crow".

Same guy!!!
    Top Dollar was always my favorite villain growing up.

He's since been replaced, but he was such an incredible foe, from his punchlines to his sadistic nature. I think when EA Sports first came out with its NBA game, I could create a player, and I remember I named him Thompson "Top" Dollar.

Hahaha... memories.

Hopkins is simply never outside his element in this mess roles. From Fracture to Hearts In Atlantis, these subdued roles are just his perfect conversationalist. I loved that seen from Fracture where he was talking about the eggs.

Now I have to watch Fracture.

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Holy , what an episode. This show just keeps getting better and better.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Honestly the first few episodes I thought were good but I also thought it was a show I might end up getting bored with. These last two episodes have been really good though. I hope it does just keep getting better and better.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    Name
    benefactor
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    is really starting to hit the fan tbh...good stuff.

Thread Information