Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Tim Duncan is the best all around player ever tbh. It's cute y'all had a debate. Jordan is also a good candidate but if we look at defense i think you'd go with the top5 all time bigman who defined fundamental basketball in two decades.

Thanks everybody for being a good sport and pretending this was ever a debate.

PS OP is a white supremacist. He is the main guy in the "play jimmer" thread upstairs and supporting a scrub like Jimmer is obv a white sup propaganda manuever.
    Because he brought his home life into a Finals it cost him and the Spurs their 1st 5th. If you think we're forgettin' about that, Lachance, you're wrong. That's big time, baby.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's individual defense and team defense. It seems like Bird excelled as a team defender. Yet he would probably struggle to stay in front of some of the quicker guys in the league.
    you did not watch larry bird play

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    PS OP is a white supremacist. He is the main guy in the "play jimmer" thread upstairs and supporting a scrub like Jimmer is obv a white sup propaganda manuever.
    National Player Of The Year, Kuck.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks everybody for being a good sport and pretending this was ever a debate.
    Your right, it isn't a debate. Jordan is clearly the best of all time and I hate the sociopath. Pretty hard to find much fault with his resume. Really have to get nitpicky tbh.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In no particular order, Duncan, Jordan, Pippen, LBJ, Bird would probably be my top five.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your right, it isn't a debate. Jordan is clearly the best of all time and I hate the sociopath. Pretty hard to find much fault with his resume. Really have to get nitpicky tbh.
    Yea, if you consider Bird beating Jordan 14X in a row nitpicky. And yes, it's a team game; but what kind of undisputed GOAT loses 14X in a row when you think about it?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's a cop out. Magic met him on the square and left him where he found him. The Celtics were always the best until we beat 'em, then they played the injury card, Media holding the banner high. That's pussy. That's chicken .
    C'mon, Bread,,,the biggest cop out is abandoning your team because they never win (Phoenix Suns),,and latching onto Kobricks for dear life like he latched onto Shaq's for a 3 peat,,,it's pussy and chicken ,,,

coffee is for closers Infinite_limit's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    PS OP is a white supremacist.
    Where do I rep OP?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yea, if you consider Bird beating Jordan 14X in a row nitpicky. And yes, it's a team game; but what kind of undisputed GOAT loses 14X in a row when you think about it?
    Who was jordans second best player during this time? Who was Birds supporting cast? Yea lets just throw out the amount of loses without context.

By the time Jordan got help bird was on the decline.

Wanted: Dead or Alive Cowboys_Wear_Spurs's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow 2nd team? I wish Jordan had a 2nd team all defense award. Oh wait..he has a bunch of first teams and a dpoy.
    Considering how athletic Bird wasn't, that is just a testament to how intelligent Bird was as a player. Was always in the top 10/top 5 in steals each season almost every year of his career.

And the Magic Bird comparison, Please the WC was a joke in the 80's. Basically flip the roles it is now. Lakers were the Heat/Cavs of the West, while the Celtics were the Spurs of the loaded East. There is a reason why the Lakers made 9 finals in Magic's career, something they wouldn't have done if they were in the Eastern Conference in the 80's.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    C'mon, Bread,,,the biggest cop out is abandoning your team because they never win (Phoenix Suns),,and latching onto Kobricks for dear life like he latched onto Shaq's for a 3 peat,,,it's pussy and chicken ,,,
    I never defend my fandom.

It's my religion.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He wouldn't get destroyed by Matt Barnes, that's for sure
    http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/show...=1#post8172661

Stop repeating yourself, got.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who was jordans second best player during this time? Who was Birds supporting cast? Yea lets just throw out the amount of loses without context.

By the time Jordan got help bird was on the decline.
    Bulls were a playoff team, dude.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bulls were a playoff team, dude.
    Yea, because of Jordan. Thanks for supporting my arguement.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yea, because of Jordan. Thanks for supporting my arguement.
    In 86, the Bulls clinched a playoff spot with MJ missing most of the regular season.

MJ comes back just in time for the playoffs, wrecks the team chemistry with his Enriquing and the Bulls get swept

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Even in the 80s Bird was known as a so-so defender. Still, you can make a good argument he is the best forward to ever play the game (though you can make good arguments for Duncan and James too), and he has become criminally underrated while McHale and Parish have become hugely overrated, like they were equal parts of a big 3 in Boston. Bird was one of the most fun players to watch, he could pass like Diaw, shoot like Ray Allen, and hustle like Ginobili, the ultimate classball player.
    Plus he's white and he hated the spotlight, so he would be the embodiment of classball

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow 2nd team? I wish Jordan had a 2nd team all defense award. Oh wait..he has a bunch of first teams and a dpoy.
    Nice try at a diversion. Even 2nd team illustrates he was one of the best defenders in the league.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your a joke. You have 15?, LOL. How was Minneapolis?
    Last edited by disciple; 08-25-2015 at 08:08 PM.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Your a joke. You have 15?, LOL. How was Minneapolis?
    Like shaved pussy.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    KG was also a better all-around player than Tim but he wasn't a better player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol that's some ty logic right there. Better all around is all around better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    indeed. perhaps "more versatile" is a better description than "better all around" in some of these cases

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    No it's isn't. Iggy is a better all-around player (more versatile) than Curry but Curry is elite at his craft.

Thread Information