Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    KG was also a better all-around player than Tim but he wasn't a better player.
    An interesting thought. Of course, KG may have been better than Duncan many years. I know Spurs fans don't want to admit that. Except, Duncan was a better big game player.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    An interesting thought. Of course, KG may have been better than Duncan many years. I know Spurs fans don't want to admit that. Except, Duncan was a better big game player.
    You could say the same for Admiral (KG) & Hakeem (Tim).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You could say the same for Admiral (KG) & Hakeem (Tim).
    I'm not sure I get that analogy. DRob was great but Hakeem was better any way you sliced it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not sure I get that analogy. DRob was great but Hakeem was better any way you sliced it.
    Not during the regular season, tbh..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, with a bunch of three point shooters opening up the lane instead of having a point guard who's greatest accomplishment was making a wide opened 15 foot jump shot. Who was a third string point guard for Hakeem. Who is a PG who made 1 three pointer in his entire playoff career.

You know what happened when Hakeem wasn't surrounded by three point shooters and having an entire system built around him? He was missing playoffs and getting bounced. Not winning 50 plus games with Avery Johnson and Ginny deal negro next to him.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Hakeem > Robinson

Fact.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bird was trully great. I don't get this new some folks are trying to establish about him being overrated or a product of his era. Bird is a great versatile player that would have beasted on any era. Magic (a guy that couldn't shot and didn't defend) is a better player to try and pull that troll attempt, tbh.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bird is a great versatile player that would have beasted on any era. Magic (a guy that couldn't shot and didn't defend) is a better player to try and pull that troll attempt, tbh.
    Agreed. Though, Magic is arguably the best transition offense player of all-time.
    Last edited by Spurtacular; 01-24-2016 at 10:44 PM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bird is a great player but I wouldn't put him top 5,,,,I would put Duncan in there ahead of him. Duncan has him beat in every category but regular season MVP's. Duncan has more les, Finals MVP's, points, rebounds, 1st team all nba,,,,,

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't get this new some folks are trying to establish about him being overrated or a product of his era.
    White guilt / derivatives or anti-derivatives thereof, tbh.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bird is a great player but I wouldn't put him top 5,,,,I would put Duncan in there ahead of him. Duncan has him beat in every category but regular season MVP's. Duncan has more les, Finals MVP's, points, rebounds, 1st team all nba,,,,,
    If you're trying to argue that Duncan accomplished more, then fair enough. But accolades don't always tell the story. Bird basically dominated 'til injuries hit.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you're trying to argue that Duncan accomplished more, then fair enough. But accolades don't always tell the story. Bird basically dominated 'til injuries hit.
    Duncan dominated as well,,,he's not considered the best PF of all time for no reason,,,,

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    KG was also a better all-around player than Tim but he wasn't a better player.
    Uh, no. He was the more versatile player, but definitely not better all around.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Duncan dominated as well,,,he's not considered the best PF of all time for no reason,,,,
    Apples and Oranges at best, tbh.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Apples and Oranges at best, tbh.
    How so?,,,

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can't say that prime vs. prime, Duncan dominated more. You could make a case he's in Bird's stratosphere.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can't say that prime vs. prime, Duncan dominated more. You could make a case he's in Bird's stratosphere.
    Absolutely I can,,,I still waiting for you to make a fact and prove it,,,,,

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Absolutely I can,,,I still waiting for you to make a fact and prove it,,,,,
    I respect Duncan. Like I say, perhaps he's in Bird's stratosphere. But I haven't seen you point to anything to say he's better than Bird, prime vs. prime.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still waiting for you,,,I pointed out how he is better than Bird,,,he has more les, Finals MVP's, points, rebounds, first team nba,,,,you want to make these silly apples and oranges claims but cant back it up. Let me hear your argument,,,otherwise you are a joke,,,,

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still waiting for you,,,I pointed out how he is better than Bird,,,he has more les, Finals MVP's, points, rebounds, first team nba,,,,you want to make these silly apples and oranges claims but cant back it up. Let me hear your argument,,,otherwise you are a joke,,,,
    You pointed to the fact that he has arguably more career accolades. We were talking prime vs. prime; and you've made no such argument in that regard. The "joke" is that you can't keep track of fundamental realities in the middle of a debate.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Larry s on MJ tbh

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Larry s on MJ tbh
    TBQFH.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Yall are gonna around and cause that neggeh Harlem to have a coronary.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bird was white. Therefore that puts him out of the Top 50

Edit: gotta make it blue font just in case some genius thinks I'm serious
    Last edited by TheGreatYacht; 09-26-2016 at 04:54 PM.

Thread Information