My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What a great line in SI as Rockets put on a show last PM against "LaHype" (3-8) James, Anthony (I am so out of NO) "DaQuit", and the poor shooting/former great defender Rondo, ala the coach's pet. This would be an all-time epic fail by LAL and their hyped mission to win it for "the mamba" if series continues like this (perhaps even greater than that by the Bucks and their pseudo DVP/MVP)?

https://www.si.com/nba/2020/09/05/ho...-lakers-game-1

It’s one game, and James has certainly been in this position before. But this isn’t about the Lakers playing better. They need to adjust. Frank Vogel needs to adjust. Vogel elected to stay big, keeping the Davis-McGee frontcourt intact. That may need to change. Rajon Rondo, inactive since March, played 25 minutes off the bench and, predictably, struggled. L.A. doesn’t want to give up all its advantages, but you can’t chase a Ferrari with a tank.

Houston has an opportunity now. Harden wasn’t overextended in this one. Westbrook (32 minutes) wasn’t either. No one really looked fatigued. The Rockets have extreme confidence in this style of play, and have the kind of versatile frontcourt players (Tucker, Robert Covington and Jeff Green) that can give the Lakers fits. And they can play better: Houston attempted 39 threes, making 35.9% of them. There’s more there.

L.A. is in for a fight
    . The weirdly constructed Rockets drew first blood, and they will keep coming. Harden will keep scoring. Westbrook will keep driving. Everyone else will keep shooting. “Our confidence never changes, win or lose,” Harden said. This will be an unconventional series. The Lakers will have to figure out how to take advantage of it.

BY CHRIS MANNIX
    Sports Illustrated

Go Rockets!
    Last edited by Rummpd; 09-05-2020 at 06:21 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    meh we've seen Houston be ahead in a playoff series plenty of time.

Lebron and Brow actually looked ok. McGee was ok, plus he only played 13 minutes so not sure what you're spinning with Mannix.
    Role players outside of White YMCA guy very much sucked.

Fashionista Kuzma, Rhonda, Bricks Green and KCP:
    12-38 along with their usual ty D.
    That's your ballgame.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyway they do triumph over the dark side that is LAL will be ok with me - agree will be still uphill but better at 1-0 then reverse.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    probably gonna try the same whit they tried with Portland. Slow the game down to a snail's pace.

They're probably also hoping Harden or Westbrook gets injured so they get a break same way they got against Lillard and McCollum

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Go Rockets

Thread Information