Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    Eh, he was getting cold feet but she pushed him pretty hard to do it. Also assisted with knowledge on how to do it.

She needs to be charged with something.
    Did she force him to do it? Not saying that what she did was right. But he made the decision to end his own life. Do we really want to waste resources on this? She's going to be paying a price socially for this. She's been outed. Let the churches and whatever other constructive social mechanisms that are in place handle this. The legal system is not about rehabilitation.

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Did she force him to do it? Not saying that what she did was right. But he made the decision to end his own life. Do we really want to waste resources on this? She's going to be paying a price socially for this. She's been outed. Let the churches and whatever other constructive social mechanisms that are in place handle this. The legal system is not about rehabilitation.
    You are quiet dumb. How have you managed with this faux way of thinking?

I'd say I'd feel sorry for you but I don't know you so yeah.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    That's a stretch.

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    You are quiet dumb. How have you managed with this faux way of thinking?

I'd say I'd feel sorry for you but I don't know you so yeah.
    You're fond of insults and making unexplained condemnations; I could care less about your lazy indignation.

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    You're fond of insults and making unexplained condemnations; I could care less about your lazy indignation.
    What are you talking about, kid? who have I insulted here? You can look up my whole 80 posts if you must.

You must have me confused with someone who shares your low intellect.

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    What are you talking about, kid? who have I insulted here? You can look up my whole 80 posts if you must.

You must have me confused with someone who shares your low intellect.
    I guess quiet dumb isn't an insult; just a spelling error, huh? Why would I want to look your 80 posts? The three I've seen are plenty uninspiring enough.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Neh, I think we need to put a stop to people mind ing other people into killing themselves.

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    Neh, I think we need to put a stop to people mind ing other people into killing themselves.
    For all we know, he would've killed himself sooner if she hadn't been talking to him. If we don't live in a world where a person isn't ultimately the one responsible for whether or not he kills himself, then I'm not sure that this guy's choice was all that bad.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    For all we know, he would've killed himself sooner if she hadn't been talking to him.
    Actually that's something we do know

If we don't live in a world where a person isn't ultimately the one responsible for whether or not he kills himself, then I'm not sure that this guy's choice was all that bad.
    people definitely need to be responsible for their actions, but imo, we can't allow predators to be free to persuade people to self destruct.

Do you think Bernie Madoff should never have been charged with anything? I'm good with him being in jail.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    For all we know, he would've killed himself sooner if she hadn't been talking to him. If we don't live in a world where a person isn't ultimately the one responsible for whether or not he kills himself, then I'm not sure that this guy's choice was all that bad.
    For all we know he could've been one of the thousands, probably even millions of people that were suicidal but managed to get their lives together with the right help.

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    For all we know he could've been one of the thousands, probably even millions of people that were suicidal but managed to get their lives together with the right help.
    It was still he who made the final decision. You prosecute this and what's next? Prosecuting someone who merely says, "I hope you die" or someone on a message board that says "kill yourself?" Come on now; how about we hold people to a smidgeon of mental for ude.

Name
    Yvonne
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    People who yell "jump" at attempted suicides on ledges and bridges have been prosecuted for as long as I can recall.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Believe me, bullying is no joke.

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I guess quiet dumb isn't an insult; just a spelling error, huh? Why would I want to look your 80 posts? The three I've seen are plenty uninspiring enough.
    Thats very ironic. Just look at your posts in this thread alone. You're not coming off as a genius now are you?

Calling you dumb is putting it lightly. The way you're responding makes me think you have issues. You're coming off very schizophrenic and bipolar.

There's no need for you to be defensive in this, yet here you are taking it upon your back to make sense out of something that's clearly and obviously a wrong thing that she did, and must be held responsible--because there is such a thing as responsibility in this world after all.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    It was still he who made the final decision. You prosecute this and what's next? Prosecuting someone who merely says, "I hope you die" or someone on a message board that says "kill yourself?" Come on now; how about we hold people to a smidgeon of mental for ude.
    right, because one mere quote was what happened here.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Mic e looks like a Vampire…

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    right, because one mere quote was what happened here.
    I could care less if she said to do it 1,000 times. This guy's life was a series of decisions that led him to kill himself.

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    Thats very ironic. Just look at your posts in this thread alone. You're not coming off as a genius now are you?

Calling you dumb is putting it lightly. The way you're responding makes me think you have issues. You're coming off very schizophrenic and bipolar.

There's no need for you to be defensive in this, yet here you are taking it upon your back to make sense out of something that's clearly and obviously a wrong thing that she did, and must be held responsible--because there is such a thing as responsibility in this world after all.
    Yawn.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Are you going for moron of the month here or what? Give it a rest already.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Those scenarios aren't comparable at all. Also are you ignoring the posts by other people that are telling you how people have been prosecuted for bullying or yelling 'jump' when a suicidal person is on a ledge? This is even worse than those since she put effort into counseling him to do it.

I didn't know she had mental issues of her own though. Unfortunately that might be her ticket out of this.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

I didn't know she had mental issues of her own though. Unfortunately that might be her ticket out of this.

Depends on what kind of "mental" issues she has.

The article I read said she was an honor student and was going to some university.

Doesn't sound like someone who's not in control of what she's doing.

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    Those scenarios aren't comparable at all. Also are you ignoring the posts by other people that are telling you how people have been prosecuted for bullying or yelling 'jump' when a suicidal person is on a ledge? This is even worse than those since she put effort into counseling him to do it.

And I wouldn't say I agree with that; but at least there's an element of compulsion to it. You basically want to make it a crime to advocate suicide. Why? Did the first amendment cease to exist? I am not for giving the govt. tyrannical powers.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    You basically want to make it a crime to advocate suicide. Why? Did the first amendment cease to exist?
    Don't be one of those guys pretending like Free Speech is just NOW going away. , the second president of the US tried to take away the freedom to criticize the government. It's not a new thing for folks to curtail the First Amendment. In fact, it's NEVER protected speech that has directly led to harm.

http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/fr...ohStuMilHarPri

You can't yell "Fire" in a theatre; you can't say "Bomb" at an airport; you can't yell "Jump" when a person is standing on a ledge. These are standard things we've all agreed on now doing so that we don't cause stampedes or worse, create an environment where people aren't going to heed critical warnings because they're used to folks spouting off false alarms all the time.

If you read the transcript, this guy was NOT going to kill himself. He clearly wanted to, but he lacked the motivation to go through with it. By the end, she was almost belligerent in her "encouragement". I don't really feel sorry for the guy, and I actually think the question of suicide and how society looks at it should be revisited. But this case is pretty cut and dried.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Exactly,
    While many would not be comfortable revealing, it would be interesting to see how many people went on to lead full lives and perhaps greatly benefit others when earlier they had contemplated suicide.

Where do you get the info the chick has mental issues? Is this from her atty Lionel Hutz egger her on to help her legal defense? Formed afterwords?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    People who yell "jump" at attempted suicides on ledges and bridges have been prosecuted for as long as I can recall.

Thread Information