Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

"At any moment, FedEx can tell you where that package is"

New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie said on Saturday that he plans to track illegal immigrants in the same way that FedEx tracks its packages if he is elected president next year.

Speaking at a campaign event in Laconia, N.H., the Republican presidential candidate said that he would ask the FedEx CEO himself, Frederick Smith, to create the system, the New York Times reports. “At any moment, FedEx can tell you where that package is. It’s on the truck. It’s at the station. It’s on the airplane. Yet we let people come to this country with visas, and the minute they come in, we lose track of them,” he said. “We need to have a system that tracks you from the moment you come in.”

Christie’s comments arrive as the Republican primary field, led by real estate mogul Donald Trump, proposes tighter immigration plans ahead of the Sept. 16 GOP debate.

“However long your visa is, then we go get you,” Christie said. “We tap you on the shoulder and say, ‘Excuse me. Thanks for coming. Time to go.’”

Christie did not say how exactly the FedEx tracking system, which scans packages’ barcodes, would be used to track undo ented immigrants. A FedEx spokesperson declined to comment.
    http://time.com/4016229/chris-christ...x-immigration/

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Fat ing idiot. We don't want them "tracked" we want them out.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    That's stupid.

Tagging them and tracking them is the same as saying it's OK to be here.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    Wow...

The link in the OP lies...

It says "illegal immigrants" which is silly, because how can yoy even start the tracking?

The article linking from the OP speaks about immigrants here on Visas. this is a small part of the illegal problem, where they don't go back once they legally get here. He is only speaking of enforcing the length of stay authorized by the visa.

DMX...

Don't you verify before posting?

Should have posted the linked article in your link.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/30/us...-to-fedex.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The article linking from the OP speaks about immigrants here on Visas. this is a small part of the illegal problem, where they don't go back once they legally get here. He is only speaking of enforcing the length of stay authorized by the visa.
    Small part of the problem? Almost half of illegal immigrants in this country enter that way.
    http://www.politifact.com/texas/stat...5-percent-ill/

And yeah, CC's suggestion is re ed. How would you implement a system like that? Force tourists to show up for scanning at a given place? Notice that right now, overstaying a visa is not a criminal offense, that would have to change too, I suppose.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Small part of the problem? Almost half of illegal immigrants in this country enter that way.

And yeah, CC's suggestion is re ed. How would you implement a system like that? Force tourists to show up for scanning at a given place? Notice that right now, overstaying a visa is not a criminal offense, that would have to change too, I suppose.
    Aryan man speaking truth

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow...

The link in the OP lies...

It says "illegal immigrants" which is silly, because how can yoy even start the tracking?

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/30/us...-to-fedex.html
    Cages baited with tacos. Simply ear tag the captured beasts then release them to disperse. Then recapture them and note migration patterns. It's called mark and recapture. I like this "thinking like a Republican" stuff. Trump may next suggest a force field that he will fund himself.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Cages baited with tacos. Simply ear tag the captured beasts then release them to disperse. Then recapture them and note migration patterns. It's called mark and recapture. I like this "thinking like a Republican" stuff. Trump may next suggest a force field that he will fund himself.
    this could actually work. see where they all congregate and what routes they use and then set up roadside checkpoints with land mines and machine gun turrets. once captured we could release them deep in the jungles of the amazon rainforest.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "because how can yoy even start the tracking?"

oy vey!

FatBas is more proof that the Repug Klown Kar is full of dumb s. Having been a Federal prosecutor, FatBas certainly knows the law.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    "because how can yoy even start the tracking?"

oy vey!

FatBas is more proof that the Repug Klown Kar is full of dumb s. Having been a Federal prosecutor, FatBas certainly knows the law.

speaking yiddish now eh?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As Bill Maher said on his show Friday, people are trying to outtrump trump now.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    I appears that number is pretty shaky, and I've seen it down to 27%. Who know what the real number is. I will concede that it is larger than I wrote earlier.

In all honesty, I'm far less concerned about those originally coming here legally and overstaying, than I am with those who entered illegally, and receive SNAP, TANF, and other social services. They are a drain of our national resources, though both categories change the supply and demand variables for legal workers trying to find good pay.

My God...

They candidates are just flinging , and looking for what sticks.

Any reason not to pick Bernie Sanders of the lesser of all evils out there?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Give out free cell phones and free coronas at festivals. Secretly implant tracking devices in both. Problem solved

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any reason not to pick Bernie Sanders of the lesser of all evils out there?
    Here's a reason specially up your alley for you NOT to vote Bernie

Bernie Sanders: ‘Environmentalists Deserve A Debate’

On Sunday, Democratic Presidential candidate Bernie Sanders spoke out about the need for issue-specific debates, saying his fellow Democratic presidential hopefuls should be debating multiple issues, including the environment.

“I think environmentalists deserve a debate so we could talk about how we move aggressively to transform our energy system away from fossil fuel,” Sanders said on CNN’s State of the Union.

http://thinkprogress.org/climate/201...te+Progress%29

Last edited by boutons_deux; 08-30-2015 at 03:33 PM.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

Here's a reason specically up your alley for you NOT to vote Bernie

Bernie Sanders: ‘Environmentalists Deserve A Debate’

On Sunday, Democratic Presidential candidate Bernie Sanders spoke out about the need for issue-specific debates, saying his fellow Democratic presidential hopefuls should be debating multiple issues, including the environment.

“I think environmentalists deserve a debate so we could talk about how we move aggressively to transform our energy system away from fossil fuel,” Sanders said on CNN’s State of the Union.

http://thinkprogress.org/climate/201...te+Progress%29

You know you do more to hurt bernies credibility than you help him right?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just ordered two on Amazon. Should be here by Thursday.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is this the worst pool of Repug candidates in history? Seriously. This is a circus

Easy W for the superior party like stated before.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is this the worst pool of Repug candidates in history? Seriously. This is a circus

Hillary is under 50% in Iowa for first time, my Bernie has gained on her.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

Dude do you not remember salamander boy running just a few years ago? This is the best field ever thanks to trump and Carson

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hillary is under 50% in Iowa for first time, my Bernie has gained on her.
    Rooting for Bernie as well, just don't think he's big enough to beat Trump

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rooting for Bernie as well, just don't think he's big enough to beat Trump
    Both Hillary and Bernie beat Trump by several points in polls of all voters.

Trump is only doing well with Repug extremists, and even those who support him now, don't want him as candidate and President.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude do you not remember salamander boy running just a few years ago? This is the MOST ENTERTAINING field ever thanks to trump and Carson

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Both Hillary and Bernie beat Trump by several points in polls of all voters.

Trump is only doing well with Repug extremists, and even those who support him now, don't want him as candidate and President.
    Liar liar pants on fire. You have a forked tongue like a snake, you are wicked.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Liar liar pants on fire. You have a forked tongue like a snake, you are wicked.

i totally don't get this...

And it it adds up to more than 100%

What is this poll illustrating?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i totally don't get this...

And it it adds up to more than 100%

What is this poll illustrating?
    dunno, but that's only Repug Hispanics, not all Hispanics.

Hispanic culture is a macho culture, so I guess Repug Hispanics are conned by Trump's macho, bully, trash talking act.

Thread Information