Page 11 of 45 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So let's say they made a third intersex or gender-neutral bathroom. Do you think that solves the issue? I feel like it would for some people, but not for everyone.
    Or they could just drop bathroom gender laws altogether.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Or they could just drop bathroom gender laws altogether.
    What are the current bathroom gender laws?

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't disagree. And I'd think those guys assholes for making that comparison, as I've already said on this forum.
    I don't think they're assholes. I don't think it's the same as racial segregation but it's still segregation based on the majority's arbitrary level of comfort.

I can't tell a transgender person that their ostracization is less sympathetic because they weren't born black. It's still culture separating itself from people that make us go "Ew."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think they're assholes. I don't think it's the same as racial segregation but it's still segregation based on the majority's arbitrary level of comfort.

I can't tell a transgender person that their ostracization is less sympathetic because they weren't born black. It's still culture separating itself from people that make us go "Ew."
    You have to admit that they are super icky though.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You have to admit that they are super icky though.
    I'm not going to try to convince anyone that it doesn't make me go WTF sometimes.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What if it's a female looking person that still has a penis
    I won't know that person has a penis unless undressed (say in a locker room). I won't feel threatened and won't go to another bathroom.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well then you do disagree
    Reading comprehension.

My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    I won't know that person has a penis unless undressed (say in a locker room). I won't feel threatened and won't go to another bathroom.
    What if you walk in and someone is peeing standing up?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What are the current bathroom gender laws?
    Uh we could discuss the one everyone is angry about in North Carolina...

.....further. ..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Reading comprehension.
    No, you're contradicting yourself.

Lol you say you don't disagree with an opinion but then call them an asshole for using it as an argument.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, in North Carolina, they're making people that look just like guys but with no penis use the ladies room.

But how are you supposed to know. ....

I guess people like you in NC will just have to pee in a constant state of terror

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, you're contradicting yourself.

Lol you say you don't disagree with an opinion but then call them an asshole for using it as an argument.
    You're might be the least reasonable on this site, at least for someone who thinks they're smart. I am saying that as nicely as I can. You have no reading comprehension and lack basic logic skills. But you constantly try to lead people into traps as if people don't know what you're saying.

I'm not being a smart ass here, I really think it would be viewed the same as water fountains for black people.
    I don't disagree. And I'd think those guys assholes for making that comparison, as I've already said on this forum.
    This wasn't hard for anyone else to understand. Spurminator said that people would view trans bathrooms the same as blacks-only bathrooms. I didn't disagree ... that people would view it that way. I think they would, with people like you being chief among them. However, I don't think they're the same at all and believe that strongly enough to where I think people who disagree with me have a legit social and intellectual problem. In order words, I'd think them assholes.

If someone was like, "You know, some folks think Kobe is better than Duncan." And someone else said, "Indeed, but those guys are idiots." Do you think there's a contradiction there?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What if you walk in and someone is peeing standing up?
    I'd walk out and find another bathroom (unless it's a little boy).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're might be the least reasonable on this site, at least for someone who thinks they're smart. I am saying that as nicely as I can. You have no reading comprehension and lack basic logic skills. But you constantly try to lead people into traps as if people don't know what you're saying.

This wasn't hard for anyone else to understand. Spurminator said that people would view trans bathrooms the same as blacks-only bathrooms. I didn't disagree ... that people would view it that way. I think they would, with people like you being chief among them. However, I don't think they're the same at all and believe that strongly enough to where I think people who disagree with me have a legit social and intellectual problem. In order words, I'd think them assholes.

If someone was like, "You know, some folks think Kobe is better than Duncan." And someone else said, "Indeed, but those guys are idiots." Do you think there's a contradiction there?
    Lol ok, I misread. Nice rant tho.

I like how you still think people are assholes for comparing blacks to gays. That's lolsmh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I finally get to use these gifs on Blake. It feels so good in an unobsessed way

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd walk out and find another bathroom (unless it's a little boy).
    Again, What if you walk in and see what you think is a guy but is really a transves e forced to use the girls bathroom?

...wouldn't you feel more threatened?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Again, What if you walk in and see what you think is a guy but is really a transves e forced to use the girls bathroom?

...wouldn't you feel more threatened?
    Look, I haven't been keeping up/reading this thread - I just posted what I, as a female, am uncomfortable with. ANYONE who looks like a guy is going to make me feel threatened. Obviously I can be fooled by appearances (such as the pics posted in another thread that look so much like a girl) - then there is a threat that I'm unaware of. If the person looks female (regardless of what is under the clothes), I won't feel threatened.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Look, I haven't been keeping up/reading this thread - I just posted what I, as a female, am uncomfortable with. ANYONE who looks like a guy is going to make me feel threatened. Obviously I can be fooled by appearances (such as the pics posted in another thread that look so much like a girl) - then there is a threat that I'm unaware of. If the person looks female (regardless of what is under the clothes), I won't feel threatened.
    Which is another reason why this North Carolina law is so backwards. It's forcing transgenders that look and act just like men to go into the bathroom with you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol ok, I misread.
    It's progress. Now you just have to realize that you do it all the time.

I like how you still think people are assholes for comparing blacks to gays. That's lolsmh.
    Yeah, I think they're huge assholes. I also think people are assholes for asserting all trans people are gays. A lot of generalizations from people who present themselves as enlightened, progressive folks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's progress. Now you just have to realize that you do it all the time.
    Lol condescending

Yeah, I think they're huge assholes. I also think people are assholes for asserting all trans people are gays.
    Well the difference is that "these people whoever they are" that might assert that all trans are gays would be obviously wrong.

Asserting that a Christian baker denying a gay couple a wedding cake is similar to denying blacks in restaurants isn't wrong. It's very similar.

If you think that's an asshole opinion, then you're just ignorant.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol condescending
    There's not wrong with being condescending. There is something wrong with being condescending when you're incorrect.

Asserting that a Christian baker denying a gay couple a wedding cake is similar to denying blacks in restaurants isn't wrong. It's very similar.
    It's completely wrong. And it's only similar to people who are assholes and think you can paint all forms of discrimination with the same brush. You know it, too, which is why you didn't say something like, "Asserting that a Christian baker denying a gay couple a wedding cake is similar to denying blacks wedding cakes isn't wrong." Or "Asserting denying gays in restaurants is similar to denying blacks in restaurants isn't wrong."

If you think that's an asshole opinion, then you're just ignorant

Ah, the biggest asshole term of all time. It assumes that only reason why people disagree without is because they don't know enough not to. Newsflash, bro: There are people who understand sexuality very well and still hate gays, and there are people who don't understand it at all and don't. It has nothing to do with knowledge level. It's not surprising that you have a very rudimentary understanding of discrimination, though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's not wrong with being condescending. There is something wrong with being condescending when you're incorrect.
    Yeah, exactly. it's hilarious when posters like you are incorrect and condescending.

It's completely wrong.
    No, it's right on target. Sorry, you're just ignorant.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, exactly. it's hilarious when posters like you are incorrect and condescending.

No, it's right on target. Sorry, you're just ignorant.
    I see you've given up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I see you've given up.
    If you don't get that being gay isn't a choice for a lot of gays, then there's nothing more to discuss. I'll just lol at your arrogant ignorance.

Lol.

Thread Information