Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Season 2 mexico had its moments - but fell a bit short imo...

getting a little tiring -

too bad -

that long ago colombian cartel mafia feel - seems watered down in mexico -

but glorifying s bags will always grow tiring and finding any characters to root for while also rooting for them to get their own karma fulfilled

leaves you with a distaste of almost everyone involved

still somewhat entertaining -but nothing gets near that first season in colombia

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Season 2 mexico had its moments - but fell a bit short imo...

getting a little tiring -

too bad -

that long ago colombian cartel mafia feel - seems watered down in mexico -

but glorifying s bags will always grow tiring and finding any characters to root for while also rooting for them to get their own karma fulfilled

leaves you with a distaste of almost everyone involved

still somewhat entertaining -but nothing gets near that first season in colombia
    Pretty much agree. It was good but of all the Narcos, it was the weakest season.

I haven't double checked but I feel like they took more dramatic liberties on this one that the others. They also spent too much time on the personal lives of Felix and Walt imo. I didn't really care that Walt's motivation was due to his brother getting killed and didn't care about him wanting to fish with his nephew. Also didn't care about Felix and his ex wife and kid. Just seemed to drag the pace down.

Also the characterization of the crack dealer seemed cartoonish and out of place.

I was hoping they would focus on Isabella more. She's supposedly based off the real life Queen of the South so maybe they thought they already had that covered. Idk.

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Pretty much agree. It was good but of all the Narcos, it was the weakest season.

I haven't double checked but I feel like they took more dramatic liberties on this one that the others. They also spent too much time on the personal lives of Felix and Walt imo. I didn't really care that Walt's motivation was due to his brother getting killed and didn't care about him wanting to fish with his nephew. Also didn't care about Felix and his ex wife and kid. Just seemed to drag the pace down.

Also the characterization of the crack dealer seemed cartoonish and out of place.

I was hoping they would focus on Isabella more. She's supposedly based off the real life Queen of the South so maybe they thought they already had that covered. Idk.
    yup

also

that entire thing with the dude in the black hat and the gringa pregnant gf
    was just a yuuuge waste of time imo

It almost seemed like they just thought a wild shootout in and old charming pueblo complete with a carnival/fiesta

would be cool to bring in choppers mowing down civilians

just seemed like the screenwriter was writing for ratings and pleasing the accountants

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    yup

also

that entire thing with the dude in the black hat and the gringa pregnant gf
    was just a yuuuge waste of time imo

It almost seemed like they just thought a wild shootout in and old charming pueblo complete with a carnival/fiesta

would be cool to bring in choppers mowing down civilians

just seemed like the screenwriter was writing for ratings and pleasing the accountants
    The chopper scene...that was exactly what I was thinking when I said, "dramatic liberties". Was too over the top.
    And the scene with Walt trying to get Acosta to the river. That was ridiculous. So the agents don't want to shoot Walt.
    But why would they not just drop their guns and go grab them both?

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The chopper scene...that was exactly what I was thinking when I said, "dramatic liberties". Was too over the top.
    And the scene with Walt trying to get Acosta to the river. That was ridiculous. So the agents don't want to shoot Walt.
    But why would they not just drop their guns and go grab them both?
    yup

also there is no cop that would do what walt did-

any cop would disarm the suspect once he signed the agreement and then would march him out handcuffed and claim jurisdiction (signed papers)

and if corrupt mexican cops snatched them-

then he would (the cop) take his chances in a courtroom-

oh and btw;

”bend over - ill show you dramatic liberties!”

lol

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    yup

also there is no cop that would do what walt did-

any cop would disarm the suspect once he signed the agreement and then would march him out handcuffed and claim jurisdiction (signed papers)

and if corrupt mexican cops snatched them-

then he would (the cop) take his chances in a courtroom-

oh and btw;

”bend over - ill show you dramatic liberties!”

lol
    Ha...you should have started with that.

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Narcos es muy aburrido!

Name
    Rudo y Cursi
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Mexico season 2 was way better than 1 tho.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Maryland Terrapins
    Watched the first season of the Mexico one and Michael Pena was corny af, as he is in pretty much everything he does. His iness distracts the viewer from empathizing with the actual agent he was portraying. At no point did I look at him as Kiki Camarena, just a hack actor who inadvertently made me enjoy his torture and death.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Watched the first season of the Mexico one and Michael Pena was corny af, as he is in pretty much everything he does. His iness distracts the viewer from empathizing with the actual agent he was portraying. At no point did I look at him as Kiki Camarena, just a hack actor who inadvertently made me enjoy his torture and death.
    I don’t mind him in general but him going undercover with the pickers on the day that the boss shows up and then the dudes get on the bus was too much.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    This season felt drawn out and the episodes being an hour + doesn't help it any. They also added so much 1-to-1 dialogue that went on for 2-3 minutes in multiple scenes every episodes. Gets tiring.

Up to episode 6 and I already feel like I've watched one two many episodes. NOt a bad season either..just lacks the Pablo Escobar's Narco's aspect to it. Narco Mexico is just not that intriguing.

Thread Information