Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably because people take one look at this forum and become terrified at what they see. I was when I first saw this place. For people who only pay attention to mainstream media outlets, the opinions of this forum are ing alien and weird.

For example, before I came to this forum, I had never seen anyone suggest that Pop was a terrible coach. It's just universally accepted that he's an all-time great coach outside of this forum. Yet, when I got here, the first thing I saw was that thread called "Popsuckers doing damage control" or whatever.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Most of the new posters are gots tbh

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The forum lost a lot of its old school members and personalities that made it so fun to visit. At this point we're pretty much left with a few of the originals, a few who post actual discussion and content, but more than anything we have the same 4-6 people posting on 30 different accounts about stupid Internet forum drama and 'porker' this and 'kiwi' that. These new members make it less of a discussion forum and more of like watching a bunch of middle schoolers argue on the playground about who's the coolest. Nothing they talk about matters. There were apollosic thread trackers and it got to stalker/creepy levels of obsession with both Parker and Kawhi. Someone should probably sticky those truth be told, so he can just post there. Like that kool or lakaluva or whatever his name is in the NBA forums, this place seems like more of an outlet for really strange, lonely people talking about the same things day and night because they have so little going on in their life and so little to talk about. Instead of actual discussion.

There's still the occasional ElNono article translation, which is great, but the last time I remember reading another thread that was actually interesting was when TimVP was peeking in during the playoffs. There was also the guy who dropped out of med school, but that's not even Spurs related.

Also there's this real oddball kid that keeps showing up in threads and just going " got". I put a few of those spammy accounts on ignore, and suddenly nobody is talking. Really, if you were a visiting person, what would you think? Who has time to argue with a bunch of middle school kids?
    Last edited by ILoveOranges; 09-24-2015 at 03:37 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because they were not approving accounts for a long time, its not like Spurs are the hottest ever, at least for average BB fans.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Most of the new posters are alts of other gots tbh
    Fify

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Between all the "Enrique porker " and ChumpBot it's probably not appealing to visitors

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also there's this real oddball kid that keeps showing up in threads and just going " got".
    Watch out...you're the next one on his " got" list.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is it progress that no one in this thread cried about timvp stopping game grades?

Before twitter this was the fastest news source on spurs. With timvp we had better content that the new and current spurs blogs.

I still come here for the fan reaction, foreign experts, and good trolling. But omg, trolling has ruined this board, back in the old day people did they're ty trolling in the downstairs forum. But we have not just trolls but genuine player fans here. Player fans in the pejorative sense that is. People who miss the forest ( that sports are entertainment) for the trees (pg. :'( )

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's all just nonstop trash talk, repe ive opinions, and trolling... it's like hanging out with a bunch of 15 year olds... There should be a limit on how many threads a single person can start. A handful of posters have pretty much ruined the site.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There was a time when every regular season and every playoff series brought an influx of new long-term posters.

There was a time when crops of new posters would show up and bring their own flavor to the forum on a permanent basis.

This is possibly the most stacked team in team history and I don't see many new posters. What's the deal?
    Is the Internet message forum a dying medium?
    Is it bc younger net users are predictably dumber and have such predictably high levels of ADD that they only stick to twitter and reddit?

What's the deal?
    Occassionally someone new will browse and will notice how toxic the forum is with a few guys with some OCD complex who must absolutely call attention to themselves. The best way to do it is to generate hate thread after hate thread. I have said OCD guys on ignore but obviously other people respond to them. The only way that would get under control would be to have moderators but it appears that there are none. Too often threads spin way out of subject, personal attacks, political, off topic remarks and offenses thrown in, and you pretty much run out anyone new who might wander in.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mods gotta come back for the season. The forum isnt self modding, and the quality is suffering. One clean sweep of the trash would this board wonders.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There was a time when every regular season and every playoff series brought an influx of new long-term posters.

There was a time when crops of new posters would show up and bring their own flavor to the forum on a permanent basis.

This is possibly the most stacked team in team history and I don't see many new posters. What's the deal?
    Is the Internet message forum a dying medium?
    Is it bc younger net users are predictably dumber and have such predictably high levels of ADD that they only stick to twitter and reddit?

What's the deal?
    Lots of people trying to be famous on twitter....

And yes, people are getting dumber, too.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The forum lost a lot of its old school members and personalities that made it so fun to visit. At this point we're pretty much left with a few of the originals, a few who post actual discussion and content, but more than anything we have the same 4-6 people posting on 30 different accounts about stupid Internet forum drama and 'porker' this and 'kiwi' that. These new members make it less of a discussion forum and more of like watching a bunch of middle schoolers argue on the playground about who's the coolest. Nothing they talk about matters. There were apollosic thread trackers and it got to stalker/creepy levels of obsession with both Parker and Kawhi. Someone should probably sticky those truth be told, so he can just post there. Like that kool or lakaluva or whatever his name is in the NBA forums, this place seems like more of an outlet for really strange, lonely people talking about the same things day and night because they have so little going on in their life and so little to talk about. Instead of actual discussion.

There's still the occasional ElNono article translation, which is great, but the last time I remember reading another thread that was actually interesting was when TimVP was peeking in during the playoffs. There was also the guy who dropped out of med school, but that's not even Spurs related.

Also there's this real oddball kid that keeps showing up in threads and just going " got". I put a few of those spammy accounts on ignore, and suddenly nobody is talking. Really, if you were a visiting person, what would you think? Who has time to argue with a bunch of middle school kids?
    I think its generational. The Gen X / Gen Y crowd (and older generations) still values intelligent conversation. But we have gotten older and so cannot post as much.

So now we get to see the Millennials in action--and the cold hard truth. They are robotic meme-regurgitators. Conversation takes place on twitter via 140 characters. Everything is a game of memes and shallow jokes. Welcome to the Idiocracy.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This forum is an ass whip of nonsensical crap. That's why I avoid it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forum is a handful of no life guys flirting with each other all day. Not much to see tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This forum is a mess..Player fans fighting over who sucks more Manu or Parker... Kawhi's autism disorder, and other gay ... Some vet posters contribute meaningful basketball discussions, but the other 90% suck...

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    I understand that your definition bolsters my initial argument.

I thank you for that.
    David the cuck filibustering and refusing to answer questions, per par.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    FIRST LOSS of season?

fck that, the site of seeing hero ball or porker taking 3 straight possessions shooting the ball...im calling that wanker out

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    David the cuck filibustering and refusing to answer questions, per par.
    What would you like to know, David?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's true that the Kawhi vs. Parker threads are pretty awful(they were fun last year when most of you idiots couldn't see Parker's decline) and have played a role in killing the forum, but it isn't as bad as it appears, tbh..June and July were active with posters discussing basketball due to Free Agency, but the discussion reverted to Kawhi vs. Parker in August and September once the off-season transactions ended, which is pretty typical of the off-season on forums..

It will probable change in October, once actual basketball begins, as it typically does here..most of the older posters here offer little in terms of basketball talk, to be fair, they just like to complain and toss timvp's e-salad(for the most part)..if not that, then they're usually offering hot takes like "Parker is just injured" or "Spurs need an enforcer"..

As for newer members, there will be a progressive decline in forum activity with Twitter's prominence, of course, that's not a criticism of ST in particular..I don't really with Twitter, unlike most people in my age group, but it's pretty funny watching previous generations telling s to get off their lawns..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who needs new members when you have ChumpDumper playing 21 questions, though? What's better than that?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the cause of the decline trying to deny his role.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who needs new members when you have ChumpDumper playing 21 questions, though? What's better than that?
    Chump is persistent and consistent. He never breaks character

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chump is persistent and consistent. He never breaks character
    He's a good guy, tbh, but asks way too many questions..I would hate to be his wife/husband..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IRL people just answer questions I ask, they don't go through all the stalling and pouting drama you see here.

Also, people IRL don't say such stupid that I can so easily question.

Thread Information