Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Strong classical education which stresses writing, classical reading, and debate."

that's typical of Catholic education?

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Strong classical education which stresses writing, classical reading, and debate."

that's typical of Catholic education?
    No.

But is clearly present, especially in the NE.
    Look at the Catholic universities and where the get the students from, the Jesuit Prep schools.
    Because of how easy it is to start up private schools, and then stamp religious affiliation with them and you get some horrible ones as well.

In San Antonio, look at the top private schools that are affiliated with a religion. Wake up!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Introducing the Patient Rights Act

https://www.cramer.senate.gov/introducing-patient-rights-act

any org that assists end of life will lose Federal funding

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Christians want LGBT people to suffer and die, just as Christ would want.

Trump Administration finalizes rule that will make it harder for LGBT people to access health care

the Trump Administration finalized a health care regulation proposed in early 2018 that

will “protect” the “statutory conscience rights” of health care providers.

The rule grants federal nondiscrimination protection to health care providers

who deny services to people who violate the providers’ sincerely held religious beliefs.

https://fenwayhealth.org/trump-administration-finalizes-rule-that-will-make-it-harder-for-lgbt-people-to-access-health-care/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Catholic Foster Care Agency Fights Allegedly Discriminatory Religious Test

A Roman Catholic charity and two foster parents are asking the Supreme Court to take up their case after a federal appeals court ruled Philadelphia could refuse to work with the charity because it has a religious-based objection to same-sex marriage.

the city blocked Catholic Social Services and Bethany Christian Services from taking on new foster care cases, alleging the agencies had run afoul of the city’s Fair Practices Ordinance which forbids “discrimination” on the basis of sexual orientation or gender iden y.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/cathol...t_3033917.html

Bible-humper Christians want the kids so they can indoctrinate them into Christianity, well before the kids' age of reason.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The ING Bible-humping / Bible-perverting Confederacy

Guess Who?

Alabama Chief Justice: The First Amendment Protects Only Christians

the chief justice of the Alabama Supreme Court asserted that the First Amendment only applies to Christianity since

neither Buddha nor Mohammed created man.

“Everybody, to include the United States Supreme Court, has been deceived as to one little word in the First Amendment called religion. They can’t define it,”

“Buddha didn’t create us,

Mohammed didn’t create us,

it was the God of the Holy Scriptures.

They didn’t bring the Koran over on the pilgrim ship,”

"Let’s get real,

let’s go back and learn our history.

He then argued that the reference to “life” in the Declaration of Independence established a pro-life stance for the country.

Moore was then
    re-elected the Supreme Court in 2012, where he has remained as chief justice.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/alabama-chief-justice-christianity?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed &utm_campaign=Feed%3A%20tpm-news%20%28TPMNews%29

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    just wondering when your appointment for your FGM is again bouts? thoughts and prayers!!!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ing red states

Kentucky school district complies with mandatory "In (only Christian) God We Trust" displays with framed dollar bills

Kentucky Republicans crafted a new

law requiring all public schools to prominently display the text "In God We Trust,"

part of the ongoing effort by Republicans to

require everyone believe what they believe or face legal retribution.

in Lexington, Fayette County Public Schools have engaged in a bit of malicious compliance.

Rather than using ever-limited school funds to order custom In God We Trust signs or tasking students to come up with the legally required artwork,

the district looked at the requirements and came up with the cheapest and most efficient solution:

they printed out the enlarged reverse side of $1 dollar bills, which feature the motto prominently

(along with the
    weird pyramid eye that makes us look like nutcases).

"Fayette County Public Schools has complied with the requirements of the new law to display the national motto in our schools.

All schools in our district have been provided a framed version of an enlarged copy of a $1 dollar bill to display in a prominent location,"

Fayette County Superintendent Manny Caulk told WKYT.

The point of the legislation was to efficiently indoctrinate American children;

you can't come up with a more efficient method of indoctrinating them than encouraging them to worship the dollar bill directly.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/1879297

that's some fantastic RESISTANCE!

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    ing red states

Kentucky school district complies with mandatory "In (only Christian) God We Trust" displays with framed dollar bills

Kentucky Republicans crafted a new

law requiring all public schools to prominently display the text "In God We Trust,"

part of the ongoing effort by Republicans to

require everyone believe what they believe or face legal retribution.

in Lexington, Fayette County Public Schools have engaged in a bit of malicious compliance.

Rather than using ever-limited school funds to order custom In God We Trust signs or tasking students to come up with the legally required artwork,

the district looked at the requirements and came up with the cheapest and most efficient solution:

they printed out the enlarged reverse side of $1 dollar bills, which feature the motto prominently

(along with the
    weird pyramid eye that makes us look like nutcases).

"Fayette County Public Schools has complied with the requirements of the new law to display the national motto in our schools.

All schools in our district have been provided a framed version of an enlarged copy of a $1 dollar bill to display in a prominent location,"

Fayette County Superintendent Manny Caulk told WKYT.

The point of the legislation was to efficiently indoctrinate American children;

you can't come up with a more efficient method of indoctrinating them than encouraging them to worship the dollar bill directly.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/1879297

that's some fantastic RESISTANCE!

You thought once he stomped a mud hole in Clinton's ass you'd have free range to run a train on our asses. No, by God. DJT showed us how to fight ya's. How to crawl up in your asses & play dead in your . How to troll ya's at peaceful moments to wreck your . How to kick ya's down flights, long flights of stairs for the smallest of trespasses. How to meet ya's at the angle, part with ya's on the square.

You thought that old man a soft seat, an easy clean.

Uh, uh.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ‘Paranoid’ GOP lawmaker who is obsessed with ‘Biblical War’ sought GPS devices to track adversaries

sought GPS devices and other spycraft to use against his political adversaries.

Shea, who has
    connections to the Christian iden y movement,

believes that “Muslims, journalists and critics of all political stripes are ‘supporting tyranny’ ;lol

if they don’t support his view that the United States is ‘a Christian nation.'”

In 2018, Shea
    was criticized for writing a manifesto called “Biblical Basis for War.

Already, Shea and some of his closest supporters have made physical preparations for a holy war,

one that would help them establish their long-envisioned 51st state, their Redoubt, their Christian homeland.

Leaked emails published this week reveal that Shea has had close ties with a group that

conducted
    “patriotic and biblical training on war for young men.”

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/08/paranoid-gop-lawmaker-who-is-obsessed-with-biblical-war-sought-gps-devices-to-track-adversaries-report/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaig n=Feed%3A+TheRawStory+%28The+Raw+Story%29

Religion makes you stupid, dangerous, keeps you ignorant.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trash/Barr campaigning for votes from the Biblically hate-filled so-called Christians

Fired for Being Transgender or for Violating Company Dress Code? The Supreme Court Will Decide.

In a brief filed Friday with the Supreme Court,

the Trump administration says an employer can fire you for being transgender

if they are really enforcing a dress code.

https://rewire.news/article/2019/08/20/fired-for-being-transgender-or-for-violating-company-dress-code-the-supreme-court-will-decide/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaig n=Feed%3A+rhrealitycheck+%28RH+Reality+Check%29

My guess is the ing Catholic SCOTUS5 will vote Catholic Sharia and against LGBT protections.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trash hurting LGBT just as the evangelicals elected him to do.

Justice Department goes out of its way to argue discrimination based on sexual orientation is legal

The Justice Department filed an amicus brief Friday aimed at

reversing the trend of lower courts interpreting existing federal law to prohibit workplace discrimination based on sexual orientation.

The
    brief argued that

the ban on "sex" discrimination in le VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 does not protect gay, lesbian, and bisexual workers from bias because it was not the original intent of lawmakers when they passed the legislation.

The administration filed the briefs in two cases to which it was not a party.

In other words, the Justice Department went out of its way to argue for the right of businesses to discriminate against LGBT workers.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/1880998

Christian HATE being implemented in Trash/Barr govt policies and law

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Muslims in America give their take on Sharia law

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    y'all Christians some crazy mofos

Washington lawmaker who calls for ‘holy war’ to establish right-wing theocracy

A group of religious leaders has called for the expulsion of a

right-wing Washington state lawmaker over his calls for political violence and ties to anti-government extremist groups.

State Rep. Matt Shea (R-Spokane) has

distributed a manifesto called the “Biblical basis for war” and spied on his political enemies,

“We are mindful of the life-threatening reality of both Christian Dominionism and white supremacy that exists in our communities and our nation,”
    the coalition said in a letter published by theInlander newspaper.

“We recognize that domestic terrorism has become a threat to our freedoms of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.” original words, which only applied to wealthy, land-owning, slave-owning white men

Shea’s statements — which include the

endorsement of a group training child soldiers for a “holy war”

— stoke fear and promote violence, and they said his manifesto twists biblical teachings to promote racism and bigotry.

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/08/religious-leaders-call-for-expulsion-of-washington-lawmaker-who-calls-for-holy-war-to-establish-right-wing-theocracy/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaig n=Feed%3A+TheRawStory+%28The+Raw+Story%29

His voters are also crazy mofos.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Christian Taliban/theocrats/dominionists/supremacists polluting the US govt to force their hateful persecution into govt contractors.

A New Trump Rule for Federal Contractors ‘Encourages People to Discriminate’

The Labor Department rule would let employers with government contracts claim religious exemption to discriminate.

could soon open the floodgates for legal LGBTQ discrimination by federal government contractors.

A
    rule introduced August 15 could put millions of

transgender and people,
    women,
    people of color, and
    religious minorities

employed by contractors at risk of discrimination,

The proposed rule would broaden the narrow exemptions for religious organizations receiving federal government contracts to include any organization or business that can cite a religious mission.

an ongoing effort by the Trump administration to undermine legal protections for LGBTQ people in all spheres of life while

undoing the Obama administration’s civil rights legacy.

The Trump administration’s push to allow discrimination by government contractors comes amid an increase in discrimination complaints at contracted companies.

the administration is now arguing before the Supreme Court that it’s legal to fire LGBTQ people from their jobs,

precisely because of their sexual orientation or gender iden y. There is also a process where we see similar rules around religious freedom, quote unquote, in other agencies.”

While the rule would not apply to every federal contractor, it would apply to any for-profit business able to claim a religious purpose.

Even with those limitations, there are signs the impact could be enormous.

The rule’s impact would be broad,

affecting not only workers staffed to federal government projects but every other worker employed by those companies.

“Even people who have nothing to do with carrying out the responsibilities of the federal contract itself

are nonetheless protected under this executive order because their employer is a federal contractor,”

https://rewire.news/article/2019/08/30/a-new-trump-rule-for-federal-contractors-encourages-people-to-discriminate/

Hate-driven Christians are ing up America, just as Jesus would do.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

aftermath:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    people will take their internal prejudices and bull themselves into believing that its moral and right because of their religion, even though the religion is silent on the issue. even if we take the apology at face value, she had to invent a religious connection to her racism to justify it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Secessionists in Blue Washington state, but it's non-coastal, rural eastern WA

'Liberty State' secessionists peddle their far-right vision to eastern Washington voters

The people promoting the creation of a “Christianity-based” 51st state carved out of what is currently eastern Washington have begun

moving beyond just talking about it and planning for it.

Now they are promoting it to the voters they need to convince to secede from Washington state—talking to local reporters, setting up booths at county fairs, and

adamantly denying their extremism.

“When both are a plague to each other because of natural cultural differences, and both would be much happier without the other, there’s only one solution that works very well for both sides,”

“And that is the amiable formation of the new state of Liberty that both sides agree would be the best win-win situation.”

The proposed new state is the

brainchild of Republican state Rep. Matt Shea of Spokane Valley,

his cohorts in the far-right Marble, Washington, “Patriot” community,

and the associated
    “American Redoubt” movementbased in northern Idaho.

Essentially apocalyptic in nature,

Shea and his fellow Liberty State advocates see it as a necessary preparation for when the rest of the world falls apart.

Shea’s ruminations about what the new state would look like, and how it would behave, in a do ent led

“Biblical Basis for War” that was essentially an outline for war against its fellow states.

Under “Rules of War,” it stipulates that “war is not waged against nations but against man,” and

that one should “make an offer of peace before declaring war.” However:

“If they do not yield—kill all males.”

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2019/9/9/1884436/--Liberty-State-secessionists-peddle-their-far-right-vision-to-eastern-Washington-voters?detail=emaildkre

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Get in the way of a Bible-believing soldier on a mission for Jesus and things can get ugly really fast

"I’m the mother of 4 God fearing children of the Lord Jesus Christ.

Do your kids and the Lord’s whole green earth a favor today and

choke to death on a chicken bone.

You’re a servant of Satan and deserve the flames which surely await you.

2 Peter 2:4. 1 Thessalonians 2:15

Ye better be able to grow eyes in the back of your head jewboy.

Lovers of Christ will not be taking anymore of your menacing in the military.

Christ’s message of salvation will conquer your attacks as Christ was victorious over the Pharisees.

PLEASE, do every real US citizen (ie true patriots) a huge favor &

point a loaded 1911 at your temple and pull the trigger.

If you’re too chicken- to complete the task, I volunteer to assist."

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/09/get..._campaign=1431

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Texas Law Requires Patients to Bury or Cremate Fetal Tissue. Now, the Fifth Circuit Is Weighing In.

The Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals will hear arguments Thursday in yet another abortion rights case.

This time, it involves a challenge to a Texas law requiring the burial or cremation of fetal and embryonic tissue from most failed pregnancies.

Anti-abortion advocates hope they can get the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals to help advance fetal "personhood."

Texas’ law actually reaches further, by including embryonic remains. But that May decision may be just the opening the Fifth Circuit needs.

Fetal and embryonic burial requirements like the ones at issue in Texas became very popular among anti-choice activists and lawmakers following the release in 2017 of

a series of heavily edited videos by the advocacy organization Center for Medical Progress (CMP).

The videos falsely purported to show Planned Parenthood staff members illegally selling fetal tissue.

CMP’s founder David Daleiden is currently on trial for 15 counts of felony invasion of privacy related to his role in producing, filming, and distributing the videos.

, in addition to

Texas and Indiana, states like
    Arkansas,
    Louisiana, and
    North Carolina

all passed measures requiring fetal and embryonic remains to be buried or cremated—

treated, in other words, the same way as the remains of born children.

The intent of these laws is crystal clear:

to help advance fetal “personhood” across the the country, even incrementally, as a way to recriminalize abortion.

https://rewire.news/article/2019/09/...s-weighing-in/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    More public schools are embracing the Bible. Is it literature, or religion?

A campaign by conservatives aimed at cultivating cultural iden y is stirring anew debate about what role the world’s bestselling book should play in education.

In 2019, 13 bills promoting Bible elective classes have been proposed in 11 states, with three states –

Alabama, Arkansas, and Georgia signing bills into law.

The classes are supposed to be purely academic,

but they’re part of a larger conservative initiative that critics say is promoting a Christian worldview

“We believe that understanding the Bible is a really important part of cultural literacy,

especially in the West and

especially in the United States,” ;lol

says Steven Fitschen, president of the National Legal Foundation, the organization that drafted the model Bible class bills.

“You don’t teach it in an evangelistic way,

but to understand art and music and history, you really need that kind of background.”

https://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Educat...src=newsletter

Catholics, Christians when they want to impose their faith, ethics, morals on everybody else.

Fitschen, you're totally full of and speaking BULL

Last edited by boutons_deux; 09-21-2019 at 08:12 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Betsy DeVos’ DOE threatens to cut university funding for positive portrayal of Islam

The U.S Department of Education threatened to pull federal funding from

a Middle East studies course jointly run by Duke University and the University of North Carolina

because it portrays Islam too positively.

The DOE ordered the universities to

change their program or lose its federal grant money.

In a
    letter to UNC, the department criticized the program, arguing that topics like

Iranian art and film have “little or no relevance” to the Middle East studies program.

The letter also argues that the program “appears to lack balance” because

its programs are not focused on the discrimination faced by “religious minorities in the Middle East,” including Christians and Jews.

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/09/bet...ayal-of-islam/

you rightwingnutjob assholes whine about "political correctness" and "safe spaces"?

here's the ing hate-sodden Christian supremacist theocratic govt extorting universities to teach what the govt wants them to teach.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump condemned for moving to ‘roll back the clock’ as letter exposes his attempt to form anti-abortion UN coalition

the Trump administration is pressuring U.N. member nations to join an international anti-abortion coalition.

The letter, first reported by the Guardian and set to be presented Monday during a U.N. General Assembly meeting on universal health coverage,

urges nations to oppose the creation of “a new international right to abortion.”

“This letter just shows how they are trying to erode international consensus and roll back the clock for women and girls.”

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/09/trump-condemned-for-moving-to-roll-back-the-clock-as-letter-exposes-his-attempt-to-form-anti-abortion-un-coalition/?utm_source=&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=1522

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Texas’ abstinence-only sex ed isn’t working, according to groups urging kids be taught more about contraception

Two progressive groups made recommendations to the State Board of Education,

kicking off what’s likely to be a lengthy battle over sex education in Texas.

Health education course standards haven’t been revised in 21 years.

Texas' approach to sex education isn't working and the State Board of Education needs to revamp health courses to give children more explicit instruction about contraception and sexually transmitted illnesses, two groups said Thursday.
    The state's abstinence-only textbooks and curriculum standards aren't effective,
    the groups said in their report.
    In 2017, Texas had the seventh-highest teen birth rate,

they noted. In 2016, the state had the nation's highest rate of repeat births to teens.
    "Clearly, it's time for change," said Kathy Miller, president of the Texas Freedom Network Education Fund, a liberal group that co-authored the study. '

"It's time to teach the truth." in ing hole Texas?

"This organization seeks to profit off of the sexualization of children

who will become future abortion clients,"

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/politics/2019/09/19/texas-abstinence-only-sex-ed-isnt-working-according-to-groups-urging-kids-be-taught-more-about-contraception/?utm_source=Newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_conten t=Sex+ed+curriculum+in+Texas%2C+baseball+gloves+an d+the+new+home+of+Dallas++Robert+E++Lee+statue&utm _campaign=PoliticalPoints092419

=================

Texas’s maternal mortality rate was unbelievably high. Now we know why.

For the past few years, Texas’s maternal mortality rate was so high it seemed unbelievable.

the maternal morbidity figures from 2012 — which had Texas mothers dying at rates that shocked experts and the public — were based on sloppy and erroneous data collection.

more than half of the deaths that were recorded as pregnancy-related that year were recorded that way in error.

the U.S. maternal mortality rate to be 26.4 per every 100,000 live births in 2015. Compare that with Britain’s 9.2, Australia’s 5.5 and Finland’s 3.8 per 100,000 live births.

“The maternal mortality rate is still higher by anybody’s count than it was in the 1990s,” he said.

“No matter how you look at it, even with the conservative estimate, the rate is higher than it should be compared to other high-resource countries.

black women were still severely disproportionately affected:

Compared with the overall rate of 14.6 deaths per 100,000 live births,

the rate for black women was still double that, at 27.8 per 100,000 live births,

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2018/04/11/texas-maternal-mortality-rate-was-unbelievably-high-now-we-know-why/https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2018/04/11/texas-maternal-mortality-rate-was-unbelievably-high-now-we-know-why/

Another aspect the bag Repug governance in hole Texas. A bunch of dead black mothers? What's the problem?

bag Repugs closing nearly all the TX clinics that served poor (black, brown) women obviously was helpful.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    same question for military people:

are Christians ignorant, stupid when they became a Christian or did Religion make them stupid, ignorant?

Karen Pence says she loves the way Trump treats young women

“Tonight, in Minnesota, state the campaign really wants to win, @SecondLady is on stage praising POTUS. She says she likes how he treats young women and sees the respect he has for his daughters,”

“As a mom, I was all in,” Mrs. Pence said, after she watched Trump with her daughter, Charlotte.

Trump boasted that he would walk into the backstage changing rooms at the Miss USA pageant to look at the half-naked girls there.

It came in a 2005 interview with Howard Stern, where Trump bragged about what he would do to look at the teens, some as young as 15.

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/10/karen-pence-says-she-loves-the-way-trump-treats-young-women/?utm_source=&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=1690&re cip_id=298460&list_id=1

Has Trash DILFed his girls?

Last edited by boutons_deux; 10-10-2019 at 09:26 AM.

Thread Information