Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here are 8 perfectly horrible people the GOP should consider for their new House Speaker

Since the floor is open to non-House members, we have some suggestions.

Ann Coulter

Occupation: Conservative commentator, best selling author and immigrant basher

Qualifications
    : When it comes to uncompromising conservative ideals, Coulter leads the pack regardless of political realities. High on the list of issues, and a worrisome issue that dogged Rep. McCarthy who represents a district with a large Hispanic population, is immigration. Coulter’s most recent book is en led: “Adios, America: The Left’s Plan to Turn Our Country into a Third World hole,” which could easily be mistaken for a plank in 2016 GOP platform. Also, she is a woman and that would shush up the “War on Women” critics of the GOP.

Luke Gatti (AKA: drunk mac & cheese kid)

Occupation
    : Former college student and side order gourmet

Qualifications
    : Gatti will not take “no” for an answer. If you want to shut down f*cking Obamacare, he will shut down f*cking Obamacare. Deport all f*cking undo ented immigrants? Consider them f*cking deported. The House Sergeant at Arms would have to wrestle him to the ground to keep him from pushing the f*cking GOP agenda through. Also, since he has been booted out of his second school, he’s available right f*cking now.

Alex Jones

Occupation
    : Radio host, vitamin salesman and alternate reality speculator

Qualifications
    : Conservatives think government is the problem. So does Jones and he has all the inside dirt on everything they are doing from chemtrails to the government using juice boxes to breed gay people to take over the world. The truth is out there…and Alex Jones knows where to find it.

Pharma Bro (aka Martin Shkreli)

Occupation
    : Former hedge fund manager, Pharma CEO and extreme capitalist

Qualifications
    : Shkreli is the personification of the free hand of the market allowing drug prices to float to their appropriate value level — as long as it is his free hand jacking up prices 5,500 percent overnight. Wall Street would love an unabashed capitalist as the face of the GOP, particularly one who has the ability to defend anything with a smile on his face.

Kim Davis

Occupation
    : Christian, friend of the Pope and government worker

Qualifications
    : Many politicians talk the talk but fail to walk the walk. Not Davis. She will go to jail for her beliefs, is quite popular with the Christian right, and is the face of flyover country — a key GOP demographic. It is quite possible that Mike Huckabee — and therefore God — would support her candidacy.

Ted Nugent

Occupation
    : Guitarist, NRA Board Member and unapologetic gun enthusiast

Qualifications
    : Virtually every GOP House member is in the pocket of the NRA, so Nugent’s nomination would find a considerable support from the gun rights group who would enjoy seeing own of their own people in the high profile GOP leadership position. Nugent is also not afraid to take on the president whom he previously called a “subhuman mongrel.”

Rush Limbaugh

Occupation
    : Radio host and conscience of conservatives

Qualifications
    : For years Limbaugh has been called the voice of conservatism and he has been one of John Boehner’s biggest critics. Why not hand the speaker’s gavel over to him and let become the face of the party? Limbaugh has never compromised on any issue –even when it costs his radio syndicator millions in revenue. That is called “putting your money where your mouth is” — although it has been his bosses who have taken the financial hit and not him since he has a fat contract.

Donald Trump

Occupation
    : GOP presidential nominee, television reality star and billionaire businessman

Qualifications
    : Trump is the de facto face of the Republican Party right now whether they like it or not. But choosing him as the new Speaker would get him out of the race and open the door for someone who stands a ghost of a chance against the eventual Democratic nominee. As the Speaker he could propose “huge” policy plans and then let the voting members hammer out the details — a mainstay of his campaign so far. Trump also has tons of television experience which would come in handy for the Sunday morning shows when John McCain is not available.

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/10/here...house-speaker/

coffee is for closers Infinite_limit's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I voted Obama in 2008, I sure as am not making that mistake again with Hillary/Bernie

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lets just face the fact that GOP has turned into a defacto nationalist party like the parties in Europe. This usually happens when countries start to struggle. Not good for any of us.
    Especially when the Democrats strain to outdo them.

GWB was a true radical rightist, but Obama outdid him. He enhanced the power of the government considerably and diversified the global war on terror. Went way past anything Bush dared to.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Obama's repudiation of torture was phony. Not sure whether it's considered a virtue or a fault, but he outdoes GWB in brazenness.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn't he just bomb fellow Nobel Peace Prize winners in Afghanistan?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Especially when the Democrats strain to outdo them.

GWB was a true radical rightist, but Obama outdid him. He enhanced the power of the government considerably and diversified the global war on terror. Went way past anything Bush dared to.
    eternal GWOT was a dubya/ head strategy, including assuming eternal war powers to the Exec. OBL let that genie out of the magic lantern, the MIC cheered and ran with it, fulfilling the MIC's 3 MILLION wishes to keep amusing and enriching itself.

McLiar or Bishop Gecko would not have restrained the MIC, GWOT, growth black ops to 100K people, US military presence in the 150+ countries, welcome or not. the "logic" of American empire, NSA/CIA/MIC/non-conscripted "professional" military is unstoppable. neocon Hillary certainly wouldn't stop it, and hippie Bernie probably couldn't stop it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kevin McCarthy Enters Rehab After Admitting Struggles with Nouns, Verbs

WASHINGTON — House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy has entered rehab to deal with his “struggles with nouns and verbs,” an aide to the congressman has confirmed.

According to the aide, McCarthy abruptly dropped out of the race for Speaker of the House because his difficulties with those two parts of speech had “spiralled out of control.”

“There was an intervention, in which people who care about the congressman sat him down and showed him video of himself talking,” the aide said. “He agreed that he needed help, although it took people awhile to realize that’s what he was trying to say.”

A source familiar with McCarthy’s struggles, however, cast doubt on that official story. “It’s not just nouns and verbs,” the source said. “It’s adjectives, adverbs, and pronouns. Kevin’s going to be in rehab for awhile.”

In a brief statement to reporters, McCarthy offered a blunt assessment of his situation. “It bad,” he said. “But soon it be less badder.”

http://www.newyorker.com/humor/borow...th-nouns-verbs

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After Boehner, House Hard-Liners Aim to Weaken Speaker’s Clout

“I want to see a change in the culture of Washington D.C.,” said Representative Barry Loudermilk, a freshman from Georgia who is a member of the Freedom Caucus that helped drive Mr. Boehner from office. “The way you do that is not who you elect, but it’s the process. It’s the procedures.”

“How are we going to change the process, how are we going to make it a more bottom-up versus a top-down structure?”

The changes would include stripping the speaker of his outsize power over the Republican steering committee, which appoints the chairmen for all committees as well as for Appropriations subcommittees. The changes would also reduce the leadership’s tight control over what bills and amendments reach the House floor.

But top officials said they could not imagine the Freedom Caucus winning huge concessions, which they said amounted to giving the party’s hard-right flank more power with little requirement or incentive to compromise.

“A lot has to do with the process, how we empower individual members to represent the people back home because they are very frustrated, they don’t feel that Republican members are representing them,” Mr. Fleming said. “Our Republican base — 60 to 62 percent have said in polling that Republicans in Congress have betrayed them, and we need to get that trust back.”

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/10/11/us/politics/after-boehner-house-hard-liners-aim-to-weaken-speakers-clout.html?_r=0

"the people back home" are fringe, rightwingnut minority that has not right to dominate the majority.

ing naive redneck, gerrymandered, Billionaire Boy Toys

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Roof Falls In On Republicans As Conservatives May Sink Paul Ryan Next

House Republicans are frantically trying to convince Rep. Paul Ryan (R-WI) to run for Speaker of the House, but there is a problem, the same Republicans who sunk John Boehner and Kevin McCarthy may target Ryan next.Politico reported:

After leaving the House Republican Conference in a state of suspended upheaval, the rebellious group of conservative lawmakers that helped oust one speaker then short-circuited his would-be successor is intentionally laying low and deciding how to respond if Rep. Paul Ryan decides to run for speaker.…..

But conservatives strongly disagree with Ryan’s position on immigration and his role in crafting the bipartisan 2013 Ryan-Murray budget deal. He’s been criticized by the far right for being a staunch proponent of immigration reform and his work with Democrats to find a compromise to address the growing number of illegal immigrants living in the U.S.

The conservatives in the House want a Speaker who is ideologically pure. They want someone who will commit to running the House their way. Paul Ryan fits neither of these requirements. If Ryan were Speaker, he would behave a lot like the current House leadership. Ryan wouldn’t trigger government shutdowns, and he wouldn’t fight the ideological fight on non-economic issues that conservatives in the House are lusting after.

If Ryan runs for Speaker, it is possible that the conservatives will deny him the votes he needs to be elected. There have long been rumors that Ryan doesn’t want the Speaker job because his long-term goal involves running for the Senate and/or White House. The last thing Paul Ryan needs is to be next failed stepdad who tried to lead the dysfunctional House Republican family.

House Republicans are looking for Paul Ryan to be their white knight, but the latest GOP savior could drown in a swamp of conservative crazy.

http://www.politicususa.com/2015/10/...iticus+USA+%29

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Holy , Paul Ryan isn't far enough right to lead those gots?

Who do they want, ing Louie Gohmert?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gerrymandering may prove a Pyrrhic victory for the GOP

Th
    e next House speaker, whoever he may be, will almost certainly face crippling mutinies by the 45 Republican rebels

these ideological insurgents know they can defy their party leadership without fear of punishment from the voters.

How will they get away with it? The answer is gerrymandering. Yes, gerrymandering has been around since the dawn of American politics, but it's a far different game today, played on a national scale with 21st century software.

In 2009, Republican Party leaders decided to heed Karl Rove, the campaign guru, who told them pragmatically, "He who controls redistricting can control Congress."

Following the Rove dictum, the party poured $30 million, mostly raised from corporations, into what it called "RedMap," a strategy to dominate the once-a-decade redistricting process in 2011 by capturing majority control of as many state legislatures as possible in the 2010 election.

RedMap was a smashing success. In 2010, Republicans picked up 675 legislative seats nationwide, giving the GOP control of legislatures in states that held 40% of all House seats, versus Democrats with only 10%.

In the 2012 election, they saw the fruit of their labor. Republicans came out with a 33-seat majority in the U.S. House, even though they lost the popular vote.

entrenched the rump faction of anti-government extremists who toppled Boehner and will menace his successor.

So sharply targeted was the 2011 gerrymandering effort that all but two of the 45 anti-Boehner rebels — most of them now organized as the Freedom Caucus — are guaranteed reelection in politically engineered districts that insulate them from Democratic challengers.

Their congressional districts are so stacked in their favor that, in 2014, they beat their Democratic opponents by an average of 38 percentage points. Only two had compe ive general election races. Three had such slam-dunk districts that no Democrat even bothered to oppose them.

With protected political monopolies back home, the rebels take little or no political risk and pay no political price for opposing their speaker and adopting extremist positions that bring Congress to a halt.

It matters little that the rebels are junior members of Congress. More than two-thirds were elected in the tea party class of 2010 and the RedMap classes of 2012 and 2014. More than 85% of them come from a GOP-gerrymandered state, which emboldens them.

http://www.latimes.com/opinion/op-ed/la-oe-1007-smith-gerrymandering-20151007-story.html

... aka Billionaires/BigCorp Boy Toys.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Flimflam Fever

Apparently desperate Republicans are pleading with Paul Ryan to become Speaker of the House, because he’s “super, super smart.” More than anyone else in his caucus, he has the reputation of being a brilliant policy wonk.

And that tells you even more about the dire state of the GOP. After all, Ryan is to policy wonkery what Carly Fiorina is to corporate management: brilliant at selling himself, hopeless at actually doing the job. Lest we forget, his much-vaunted budget plan proved, on even superficial examination, to be a ludicrous mess of magic asterisks.

His big contribution to discussion of economic policy was his stern warning to Ben Bernanke that quan ative easing would “debase the dollar”, that rising commodity prices in early 2011 presaged a surge in inflation. This guy’s delusions of expertise should be considered funny.

Yet he may indeed be the best they have.

Nonetheless, it would be a huge mistake for him personally to take the job. Where he is, he can cultivate his wonk image, with nobody in the press willing to disturb the illusion.

In a direct leadership role, he’d have no place to hide.

http://krugman.blogs.nytimes.com/201...gs&region=Body

the dollar is so strong it's hurting US exports

commodity prices are mostly in the pits (loss of demand from China)

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I pity the fool who uses a Krugman reference in the same post exposing anyone being wrong on Economic policy. Name an economist who has escaped being wrong. Weak stuff boots. Weak.

Ryan having no need for the fray given his current standing was quite enough thank you.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I pity the fool who uses a Krugman reference in the same post exposing anyone being wrong on Economic policy. Name an economist who has escaped being wrong. Weak stuff boots. Weak.

Ryan having no need for the fray given his current standing was quite enough thank you.
    where, in your weakest , has Krugman been wrong?

Ryan is just another Ayn Rand-licking Catholic asshole.
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 10-12-2015 at 09:13 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Epic Republican fight explodes on Meet the Press between two congressmen

If anyone doubted that the Republican Party is in fact in turmoil, this morning's uncivil exchange between Dave Brat (R-VA) and Charlie Dent (R-PA) on Meet the Press should dispel any doubts.

Dave Brat took exception to statements that Charlie Dent has been making about marginalizing the intransigent Republicans that have been holding the Republican Party hostage.

Charlie Dent's comments fed the brawl started by Dave Brat on Meet the Press as both accused each other of siding with Nancy Pelosi.

The cognitive dissonance was very apparent.

Both factions within the Republican Party have cir vented their own caucus to work with Nancy Pelosi and the Democrats to get around their inability to coalesce on several issues.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2015/1...k?detail=email

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brooks screws up and finally get something right

The Republican Party is producing "leaders of jaw-dropping incompetence"

http://www.vox.com/2015/10/13/952171...publican-party

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Latest Unease on Right: Ryan Is Too Far Left

He is being criticized on issues ranging from a 2008 vote to bail out large banks to his longstanding interest in immigration reform to his work on a bipartisan budget measure. On Sunday night, the Drudge Report — a prime driver of conservative commentary — dedicated separate headlines to bashing Mr. Ryan on policy positions.

Even a self-congratulatory book outlining how Mr. Ryan and two other Republican House leaders drafted Tea Party candidates to help them take over the House in 2010 — “Young Guns” — is being recast by some as a manual of how to be traitorous to conservatism.

“The kingmakers are so desperate for someone to carry their liberal priorities that they are trying to force Congressman Paul Ryan into a job he does not want.”

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/10/13...left.html?_r=0

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We knew this guy was a massive jellyfish, but oh my....

Kevin McCarthy Compared Relationship With Trump to Spouses Fighting (businessinsider.com)

I wonder who the is in the relationship?

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    We knew this guy was a massive jellyfish, but oh my....

Kevin McCarthy Compared Relationship With Trump to Spouses Fighting (businessinsider.com)

I wonder who the is in the relationship?
    He was warned, Mult, repeatedly & at length. His regrets are his own. I've no sympathy for him.

Same with this Johnson RINO. He's already started up.

Let us proceed...

Thread Information