Page 12 of 62 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL... ya think? That's like Sherlock Holmes level thinking.

Look, he's 20 years old. This time two years ago he was finishing high school. He doesn't have a wife or kids, and he plays for a ty team. He's got the chance to possibly earn his way onto the Olympic Team in two years by playing. If they're having trouble getting even someone like him to play, then it's officially getting weird.

Like I said.
    Ok. Another reason could be is that they would rather work on their James harden/Steph Curry moves instead of actual fundamental basketball. The key to making the Millions and Millions has been set by those guys. The offseason is important for them to work on their 1 on 1 games.

Edit: And they want to do it on their own terms while sleeping in their own beds and probably vacationing a week or two in between. It shouldn't be that surprising is all I'm saying. Until Team USA loses again, their won't be this resurgence or interest in the public or among the players.
    Last edited by SpursDynasty85; 08-12-2019 at 12:35 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can players who are not on this World Cup team still play in the Olys?
    Or is World Cup team a requirement for Oly team?

If required to be on WC team, could one of the prima donnas join the team right up until the final WC game? Or is door closed once they set squad at 12?

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ok. Another reason could be is that they would rather work on their James harden/Steph Curry moves instead of actual fundamental basketball. The key to making the Millions and Millions has been set by those guys. The offseason is important for them to work on their 1 on 1 games.

Edit: And they want to do it on their own terms while sleeping in their own beds and probably vacationing a week or two in between. It shouldn't be that surprising is all I'm saying. Until Team USA loses again, their won't be this resurgence or interest in the public or among the players.

Well you have an amazing grasp of the obvious, I'll give you that.

I'll try to make it even more plain: I don't give a rat what the reason is. I don't care if he's sitting at home jerking off and playing a special pre-release copy of NBA 2K20. It's totally beside the point.

The team would much rather have superstars on the squad, but they can't get them. So they've selected some young guys who have less baggage. I'm sure they thought Bagley was the exact profile of someone who would actually agree to play - since nearly all their first and second tier choices had already turned them down. If even guys like him are saying no, it's getting weird. And don't tell me they already have enough for a team. If some of them get injured, or fake injury, or just decide to stay home and jerk off while playing NBA 2K20, the pickings will be pretty slim.

But hey, that's quite a theory you have there. The guys all decided not to do one thing, because they'd rather do something else? I wonder if other people outside the NBA could do that? My brain cells are buzzing, just thinking about it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well you have an amazing grasp of the obvious, I'll give you that.

I'll try to make it even more plain: I don't give a rat what the reason is. I don't care if he's sitting at home jerking off and playing a special pre-release copy of NBA 2K20. It's totally beside the point.

The team would much rather have superstars on the squad, but they can't get them. So they've selected some young guys who have less baggage. I'm sure they thought Bagley was the exact profile of someone who would actually agree to play - since nearly all their first and second tier choices had already turned them down. If even guys like him are saying no, it's getting weird. And don't tell me they already have enough for a team. If some of them get injured, or fake injury, or just decide to stay home and jerk off while playing NBA 2K20, the pickings will be pretty slim.

But hey, that's quite a theory you have there. The guys all decided not to do one thing, because they'd rather do something else? I wonder if other people outside the NBA could do that? My brain cells are buzzing, just thinking about it.
    So you don't care about the obvious reasons that players are leaving and instead want to just vent about it. Got it.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you don't care about the obvious reasons that players are leaving and instead want to just vent about it. Got it.

LOL. You take all the time you need to get over it, sweetie.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

LOL. You take all the time you need to get over it, sweetie.

Lol. I was thinking the samething for you but okay. I'm not the one angry at Bagley for leaving.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lowry out. This significantly opens the door for White to make the team as long as he doesn't the bed in scrimmage again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forgive me for my incompetence but, is there a world cup tournament this year?

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Joe Harris gonna get cut and another got gonna drop out. White will make it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Joe Harris gonna get cut and another got gonna drop out. White will make it.
    On the contrary, Harris in a dead heat with Plumlee to be the token white guy (coaching wise, Pierce secured token black guy when McMillan withdrew). He's also the only pure shooter.

With Lowry out of the way, White's chances probably hinge on Smart's health. If he withdraws, expect White to make it. If not, him, Tucker and one of the two aforementioned are the likely cuts.

Spurs fan in Las Vegas Drom John's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Former Spurs:

Aron Baynes
    Nando de Colo
    Cory Joseph
    Nicolas Laprovittola
    Boban Marjanovic
    Luis Scola

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Focus on the upcoming season!? Do these guys actually think they have a shot at winning a championship lol
    it means he wants a summer vacation tbh

if he wanted to focus on next season he would use the time with the US team to work his game

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Yeah, this U.S. team is going to be in trouble.

And people around here will probably blame Pop instead of the 10-20 players who didn't feel like representing their country in the World Cup matters.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

CIA Pop pulling a Chuck Daly or teams in major trouble. Let's wait and see how the exhibition games go.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

poop is going to make 2004 look tame after this embarrassment.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CIA Pop pulling a Chuck Daly or teams in major trouble. Let's wait and see how the exhibition games go.
    Everybody who has seen Mighty Ducks knows that you have to break the team down before they will play to their true potential.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Everybody who has seen Mighty Ducks knows that you have to break the team down before they will play to their true potential.
    Ex
    act
    ly

In 1980, the USSR beat the US hockey team 10-3 in their final friendly like two weeks before the Olympics.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if USA team win the world cup would they be invited to the white house and we would get a Pop-Trump meeting?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not one of the Players has won a championship in the NBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The latest Simmons podcast has a lot about Pop and how much fun he's having coaching the team. I fully expect the team to do very well. Vegas still has the US as a heavy favorite.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure how much this helps White since PJ is a 3/4, but at this rate, they may need him just to put 12 guys on the roster.

At the same time, now I'm getting nervous about White getting hurt if he does have to play more than necessary.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At this point might as well put keldon on the team

Thread Information