Page 13 of 62 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From the looks of it, they have no true pfs anymore. International basketball has looked increasingly more physical and we will have Kuzma, Barnes, Tatum, Middleton at PF. This is going to get interesting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With no NBA lately I’m sadly looking forward to watching this. But then again I was looking forward to that first scrimmage too hopefully this is a bit more entertaining.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What was the ing point of Pop "promoting" White to the Senior squad if he was ultimately going to treat him like he doesn't belong?

Average players like Harris and Plumlee see the floor but White can't.

There's also no reason why Fox should've automatically been given a rotation spot over White. He's not head and shoulders above White, and White outperformed him in scrimmages when he was on the Select Team. Pop's just being a got smh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What was the ing point of Pop "promoting" White to the Senior squad if he was ultimately going to treat him like he doesn't belong?

Average players like Harris and Plumlee see the floor but White can't.

There's also no reason why Fox should've automatically been given a rotation spot over White. He's not head and shoulders above White, and White outperformed him in scrimmages when he was on the Select Team. Pop's just being a got smh.
    lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It does suck that White isn't playing, but I can't say I'm surprised that he and Smart are the likely 2 to be cut. They need as much size as possible since they're thin there and you have plenty of good guards that are pretty talented. I love White, but I'm taking Fox over him 10 out of 10 times.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White finally on the floor. I hope he shows well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I love White, but I'm taking Fox over him 10 out of 10 times.
    Why? This is about the present not about the future/ceilings. No way is he clearly better to the point where they shouldn't even compete for the back-up PG job.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White settling down a bit. He looked pretty nervous early on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White should be on the team, but he doesn't have the hype and Pop doesn't want to be seen playing favorites. But he has the floor vision and defense and should be there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why? This is about the present not about the future/ceilings. No way is he clearly better to the point where they shouldn't even compete for the back-up PG job.
    Its hard to make a case that White is better than Fox right now. There's not really much statistical evidence for that, and from what I've seen in both of the televised games, Fox looks better.

White is a player and I hope he takes it up a notch, but those of who you act like he's a transcendent player should know better after seeing 5 of them over the past 20 years on this team.

White is basically George Hill part 2. That's not a bad thing at all, by the way.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White and Hill have pretty different skill sets.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    white playing like a shook punk as usual

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White and Hill have pretty different skill sets.
    Really? They're both combo guards that are fairly good defensively. One scores a bit more (Hill) and While one creates a bit more (White). They're not exactly the same, but White is pretty much on the George Hill career trajectory.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White's probably done for the night. He had 3 turn overs in limited time so I'm not holding my breath but maybe he'll get the Pop homecourt advantage.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its hard to make a case that White is better than Fox right now. There's not really much statistical evidence for that, and from what I've seen in both of the televised games, Fox looks better.

White is a player and I hope he takes it up a notch, but those of who you act like he's a transcendent player should know better after seeing 5 of them over the past 20 years on this team.

White is basically George Hill part 2. That's not a bad thing at all, by the way.

I don't care about their stats. They're in two completely different environments. White has two established stars on his team and was brought along slowly. Fox was pretty much given free reign from Day 1.

I'm not saying White is clearly better. I'm just saying you can't say Fox is clearly better either. It's close enough that there should be healthy compe ion for the back-up PG spot.

Really? They're both combo guards that are fairly good defensively. One scores a bit more (Hill) and While one creates a bit more (White). They're not exactly the same, but White is pretty much on the George Hill career trajectory.
    Terrible comparison. You're way off.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

What is so terrible about it other than it doesn't play into the narrative that White is the next MVP?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean where do I start?

White is pretty clearly a big PG, not a combo guard. He has natural PG skills. Much better pick and roll player, playmaker. Better at attacking the rim. Much more fluid and smooth with the ball in his hands. If White becomes a respectable 3PT shooter he'll clearly be a better offensive player. On defense, White is an all-defense level defender. Hill was never more than an above average to good defender.

Not MVP but he will have a huge, Siakam-esque breakout year. You'll see.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    USA / Australia - Game 2 starting now on NBATV

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Y’all think Dwhite makes the team still? I hope so but he kinda looks like he could be the odd man out

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well GD, white got hurt and left the game. Nothing to serious I don’t think. Hit his head on the court so maybe a concussion

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Uh oh, MAN DOWN, MAN DOWN! DW4 trips on own feet and cracks that BIG cranium, and was taken to the locker room... SMH...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SCORE ALERT: Patty Mills hits a 3 pointer at 2:57 left in the 4th quarter to give the Boomers a 4 point lead, 91 to 87.

Thread Information