Page 24 of 62 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The USA coaching staff and players should get tons of praise, everyone knew it was a no win situation with this roster, if they had won people would be saying internationals team suck that’s why and if they lose like they did it’s everybody’s fault and humiliating etc... these guys at least had the balls to go out and compete.
    THIS.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop is the most choker and naive coach ever in the nba, lol team USA choosing him to coach an elimination tournament like this, it was absolutely the worst selection you could think of... He is also all ed up and give another proof kawhi was right about leaving this place and that Pop himself is the one problem that Spurs fans should say to him no more!

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nando De CL with 18 points
    Decolo is doing this all tournament.

Problem for the US, you got men going against boys. Seasoned vets and stars against players that are still growing and learning the game.

Hardly the fault of pop. Credit to the players and coaches who turned up tbh. The US were facing an uphill battle.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's no spinning this one. Mostly because it wasn't just this occurrence, same happened when it was Larry Brown and Poop back in '04. Shaq, Garnett, Kobe, etc, none of those guys wanted to play.

Garnett didn't want to play for USA anymore because of this:

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The USA coaching staff and players should get tons of praise, everyone knew it was a no win situation with this roster, if they had won people would be saying internationals team suck that’s why and if they lose like they did it’s everybody’s fault and humiliating etc... these guys at least had the balls to go out and compete.
    Yap so true.

Aussies aside from Ben Simmons had most of their star players commit who also have played together for awhile now. That certainly helps.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Decolo is doing this all tournament.

Problem for the US, you got men going against boys. Seasoned vets and stars against players that are still growing and learning the game.

Hardly the fault of pop. Credit to the players and coaches who turned up tbh. The US were facing an uphill battle.
    Against France, US team were at a disadvantage. You have several NBA veterans and a team that has played together for several years.

The US team might have more talent but less experience. Also considering just the top five, one could argue that France has a more balanced and thus better five.

Kori's nightmare SpurOutofTownFan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The US team might have more talent but less experience.
    I've always had issues with statements like this. Sadly I see that a lot in this forum. Why is that? Why is that such a team has more talent than the other and it loses anyway. I remember in the olden days of Spurs-Suns series where everyone said Suns had more "talent" than the Spurs and you know what happened. You mean more athletic people? I just laugh at like this repeated over and over again. I ON TALENT.

In this case France had the better team, more experience, and more talented folks of course...

Please understand I'm not shooting the messenger here but the message

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump should call him out. Might actually put some fire in the belly again.
    I wouldn't mind seeing that, Trump calling him a "loser". Pop regains the fire and wins a chip and goes to the White House and gives Trump the finger.

Unfortunately, what would really happen is Pop will take the bait and waste his time talking about Trump and continue to lose in the 1st round with his lukewarm coaching he seems to have contracted now days.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn't mind seeing that, Trump calling him a "loser". Pop regains the fire and wins a chip and goes to the White House and gives Trump the finger.

Unfortunately, what would really happen is Pop will take the bait and waste his time talking about Trump and continue to lose in the 1st round with his lukewarm coaching he seems to have contracted now days.
    And President Trump will just keep on winning. I'm willing to bet pop retires before Trump leaves office

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've always had issues with statements like this. Sadly I see that a lot in this forum. Why is that? Why is that such a team has more talent than the other and it loses anyway. I remember in the olden days of Spurs-Suns series where everyone said Suns had more "talent" than the Spurs and you know what happened. You mean more athletic people? I just laugh at like this repeated over and over again. I ON TALENT.

In this case France had the better team, more experience, and more talented folks of course...

Please understand I'm not shooting the messenger here but the message
    Do you remember what happened in the last minutes of game 7 against the Nuggets? If you had players like Duncan, Manu or Parker then it would never had happened. When it comes to crunch time, it takes some experience (or maybe basketball IQ) to make the smart play.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol. Why did all the NBA stars show up for last year's training camp? THE MAJOR REASON why stars did not go this year was because of the insane schedule right before training camp, PERIOD. LOL is that why players in the NBA vote Pop as the coach they would most like to play for? Are you reading what you are trying to say right now? Sure the resume doesn't look clean but you are coming to some awful conclusions and using terrible reasoning.
    Such a bad take. Shaq only played in 1 olympics, ‘96 & was getting traded to the Heat. Kobe was going to trail for rape that Summer. Garnett already got his Gold and was getting married.

The big takeaway is this wasn’t the Olympics.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Funny how Coach K didn't have the problem of crazy summers, insane schedules and players getting married... lol

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Funny how Coach K didn't have the problem of crazy summers, insane schedules and players getting married... lol
    Yet he lost too with a full roster of the best talent.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol good call
    Thanks, I told you the Serbs would beat poop

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    USA's beating anyone they play. don't give a . american exceptionalism is here to stay
    No better than 7th place

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Guess you will have to keep waiting.

Serbs
    Nope, kid

65 tons of American pride Canyonero's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    , I'd rather play against USA than France.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You basically answered against your point. Summers were longer and FIBA tournaments were not as close to training camp. AAAANNND, this year's FIBA tournament is only one year away from the olympics where as it was previously 2 years apart. It's almost as if FIBA knew superstars wouldn't commit to this tournament and setting up another REDEEM TEAM scenario in the Olympics which would garner a ton of popularity around the world and especially the U.S. (more money).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    play Hoban raped American fans in here

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ScrUbSA is eliminated. But in WC they all play for final seedings

Serbia will tap that ass they will come out guns blazing
    Called that too

Too easy

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And President Trump will just keep on winning. I'm willing to bet pop retires before Trump leaves office
    Keep on winning? No peace with north Korea, no wall at the southern border, no better healthcare system...he is just riding the economic wave put in place by Obama. His tax cuts gave a boost but it is a single-shot gun, the next economic crisis is coming and we’ll see that the emperor has no clothes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow. We were sending Juco players out there?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No better than 7th place
    egg on my face

this is shameful man there’s no way to spin it. You were right

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The loss wouldn't sting as much if it wasn't to some ing Frenchmen.

The Spurs had many great French players, you should thank us.

Thread Information