Page 25 of 62 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs had many great French players, you should thank us.
    We had one excellent French player and one decent one. That's not "many" or "many great" French players.

It's still shameful losing to you cheese-eating, cigarette smoking, white-flag-waving, thin-mustache having patrons of faux culture.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he actually had 3 losses in 1 cycle. noy in my wildest dreams i could have predicted this

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We had one excellent French player and one decent one. That's not "many" or "many great" French players.

It's still shameful losing to you cheese-eating, cigarette smoking, white-flag-waving, thin-mustache having patrons of faux culture.
    Loving the cliches you dumb fat american ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Everyone knows he's too busy being "woke" to coach anymore. ing commie.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

There you go with the clichés... I’m sure you can’t even find France on a world map...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You basically answered against your point. Summers were longer and FIBA tournaments were not as close to training camp. AAAANNND, this year's FIBA tournament is only one year away from the olympics where as it was previously 2 years apart. It's almost as if FIBA knew superstars wouldn't commit to this tournament and setting up another REDEEM TEAM scenario in the Olympics which would garner a ton of popularity around the world and especially the U.S. (more money).
    What’s gonna happen is what usually happens with this stuff. Get embarrassed, find a coach who gives a crap, and then suddenly the excuses go away.

I mean, I can’t blame Pop, he doesn’t care anymore.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There you go with the clichés... I’m sure you can’t even find France on a world map...
    Why would I want/need to?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why would I want/need to?
    And you’re the one talking about culture ? Stop embarrassing yourself...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL France.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The USA has no culture tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What’s gonna happen is what usually happens with this stuff. Get embarrassed, find a coach who gives a crap, and then suddenly the excuses go away.

The most ironic thing is that he tells others to get over themselves yet has such a massive ego he thinks he can trot out scrubs and win because "culture".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Worst tournament finish in Team USA history... Poop shattering records per par...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That’s all you got ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

How the do you know if the man cares?

I hate to come off as "triggered" but y'all need to stop with the psycho analyzing bull , man.

Team USA failed because lack of quality players, chemistry and time to prepare. Point blank. Y'all can continue to spin it for more hate on Pop - I'm sure y'all will - yet those are the facts.

This was a D tier squad so the outcome, though disappointing, was very likely.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How the do you know if the man cares?

I hate to come off as "triggered" but y'all need to stop with the psycho analyzing bull , man.

Team USA failed because lack of quality players, chemistry and time to prepare. Point blank. Y'all can continue to spin it for more hate on Pop - I'm sure y'all will - yet those are the facts.

This was a D tier squad so the outcome, though disappointing, was very likely.

It's not psychoanalyzing, it's just analyzing. You see and hear things and you reach conclusions. Like the way your fold-back teeth and pistol-grip ears tell me that's not egg on your face. I don't have to read your mind for that.

I'm not a coach, but if I WAS leading Team USA in an international compe ion, and they didn't even medal? It would feel like the end of the world, at least for a couple of days. Saying, "Life goes on" sends a signal to most people - not the ones who want to blow their sports idols, but most people.

But since I know Psyche personally, I decided to ask her just to be on the safe side. She said, "Pop just doesn't give a anymore." Her words. That's good enough for me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We have many, many seasons to look at Pop coaching, it's not really difficult to contrast the early years, or even years where he was coming back from a bad loss (ie: 2014), and look at his coaching and demeanor.

He's one of the best coaches ever, IMO, I don't see why people have such a tough time accepting that there's burnout in coaching too. He reached the pinnacle on his job multiple times, he's a self made man. He went from a strict disciplinarian, defensive-first coach to a more loose, player-friendly, high octane offense system.

He's done it all, been successful with almost everything (Team USA notwithstanding). His protegees are all over the different leagues (College, NBA, etc).

He certainly earned the right to stay as long as he wants with the Spurs, tbh, even if he just rather use basketball to project his political takes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think any coach could have done better for the Spurs last season. We can pin point a mistake here and there, but overall, he nailed it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Chris Haynes
    ChrisBHaynes
    2m
    Boston Celtics star Jayson Tatum has committed to playing for USA Basketball at this summer’s Tokyo Olympics, league sources tell @YahooSports. sports.yahoo.com/sources-jayson…

Shams Charania
    ShamsCharania
    8h
    Portland Trail Blazers’ Damian Lillard and Golden State Warriors’ Draymond Green are among the initial commitments to Team USA for the Tokyo Olympics this summer, sources tell me and @joevardon. Story: theathletic.com/news/damian-li…

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think any coach could have done better for the Spurs last season. We can pin point a mistake here and there, but overall, he nailed it.
    Pop nailed it
    Lol
    He should have tanked more
    Or played the youngsters more
    He sucked donkeys
    He has destroyed walker

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You're a great troll

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're a great troll
    For saying Pop did a great job leading the post-nephew Spurs with Murray out for the season to 48 wins? I thought he did great too that season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For saying Pop did a great job leading the post-nephew Spurs with Murray out for the season to 48 wins? I thought he did great too that season.

I assume we were talking about this year and you meant white not murray? And if expectation are that low then yes,he did all he could

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I assume we were talking about this year and you meant white not murray? And if expectation are that low then yes,he did all he could
    Post you quoted was from September 2019.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Post you quoted was from September 2019.

Quote still stands

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Shams Charania
    ShamsCharania
    2m
    Washington Wizards star Bradley Beal has committed to Team USA for the Tokyo Olympics, sources tell me and @joevardon. Beal joins Portland’s Damian Lillard, Boston’s Jayson Tatum and Golden State’s Draymond Green among initial pledges.

Thread Information