Page 4 of 62 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    cosigned on everyone saying it's well deserved. Great news for Pop and Spurs. Didn't think it would happen but glad it finally did.

I've been saying that for years. Coaching the USMNT is an honor more than an actual coaching position, Coach K hogging it up for a three-peat is narcissistic af when you have great coaches like Pop who still haven't had that honor.
    That is a good point. Plus if Kawhi plays you know Pop will look at the bigger picture, I don't get that vibe with coach K.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LeBron James, who has played in three Olympics, called Popovich the best coach in the world.

"Team USA is in good hands with him," James said. "It was in good hands with Coach K. It’s almost like The Godfather. We hand it off to Michael Corleone now."
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...ch-k/74461980/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    curious to know who were the other candidates..i assume ring winners Carlisle/Doc/Spo came up for consideration..
    tbh Carlisle is a good coach

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Woj's hit pieces are hilarious tbh.
    I wonder how long Wojo has had that basically written, hoping to just finalize it and send it in one day...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I've been saying that for years. Coaching the USMNT is an honor more than an actual coaching position, Coach K hogging it up for a three-peat is narcissistic af when you have great coaches like Pop who still haven't had that honor.
    I mean it fits Coach K perfectly as narcissistic as he is and all..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can't hate Coach K though, IMO. He did a heck of a job and his record and les with USAB speak for themselves...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can't hate Coach K though, IMO. He did a heck of a job and his record and les with USAB speak for themselves...
    you think it is the order of things that he should enjoy the tenure that's 3 Olympics long? let's face it. if Pop of all people took it upon himself to voice it to the NBA commissioner, you know something was untenable..you might say Pop have an benefit/ax to grind in this? well, he suggested Doc for the job..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You or I could've won gold with Bron & KD. I maintain that Team USA is the overwhelming favorite in every game it plays and that it's an honor given to great coaches moreso than it is an actual coaching position.

you think it is the order of things that he should enjoy the tenure that's 3 Olympics long? let's face it. if Pop of all people took it upon himself to voice it to the NBA commissioner, you know something was untenable..you might say Pop have an benefit/ax to grind in this? well, he suggested Doc for the job..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Coach K got much more out of the program than he put in. He leveraged the lower levels of compe ion as a feeder system for Duke, even going so far as to put one of the Plumlees on the World Cup team he had no business being on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Congrats coach Pop!!! Much deserved!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All I'm saying is that Coach K did an incredible job, especially in light of previous embarrassments. We can argue if he was too long on the job (more of a Colangelo/Stern responsibility) or if he wasn't always transparent in his position (also enabled by Colangelo/Stern), but his 73-1 record (or whatever it is), medals and trophies, speaks greatly of the work he's done there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Popovich makes it right, as he tried before

http://www.expressnews.com/sports/columnists/buck_harvey/article/Popovich-makes-it-right-as-he-tried-before-6588883.php?t=0ffaafa073927fc3fb&cmpid=twitter-premium

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Be interesting if he picks becky to be an assistant

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    stop making excuses for that duncan led show, tbh. That team never should have lost just because they didn't have the entire 1st team all nba starters. manu and ncioni beat them. peurto rico spanked them, smh
    That roster was horribly constructed man...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lets see how he looks without parker holding him back

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No Kobe for Pop.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not like he had a ing chance.

My Team
    Golden State Warriors
    Post Count
    They've cut the pool of players down to 30 today. Both Leonard and Aldridge are among the 30 still hoping for a spot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Feel like Kawhi is a lock, so it's really just wondering what LMA would have to do to make it. I don't see him having much of a chance to make it, but with his new-found defensive game, he might get in as the best or second-best two-way big.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    bummer... now he has to give away the Spurs secrets to the rest of the league.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Messina to coach Italian NT:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BAt-ByQKZtC/

Not in POs roster NameLess Scrub's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That roster was horribly constructed man...
    Puerto Rico just zoned them and let all the slashers take shots from outside.
    Timmy tried hard. Odom wasn't that bad either.
    Arroyo cut through their defense. They had better talent back then as compared to now.

USA learned to balance the talent from then on though..

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They've cut the pool of players down to 30 today. Both Leonard and Aldridge are among the 30 still hoping for a spot.

Just cut Barnes, Anthony, Conley, Derozan, Iguodala, Howard, Love, Drummond now.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aldridge making it will be tough especially since they don't tend to take many bigs. Even Kawhi isn't a lock if they give Carmelo a spot. If I had to pick the favorites for the 12 spots right now it'd be:

PG:
    Curry
    Westbrook*
    CP3*

SG:
    Harden*
    Butler

SF:
    Lebron*
    Durant*
    Kawhi
    George - he could also fit in PF