Page 5 of 62 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi is like the third best player in the league, make it. Hes a lock and most smart enough writers have him as a lock. Aldridge is an interesting case though.

If they are going to end up picking one defensive big, they could end up picking him. Unlikely but hes got a chance considering how underwhelming love has been for the team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aldridge making it will be tough especially since they don't tend to take many bigs. Even Kawhi isn't a lock if they give Carmelo a spot. If I had to pick the favorites for the 12 spots right now it'd be:

PG:
    Curry
    Westbrook*
    CP3*

SG:
    Harden*
    Butler

SF:
    Lebron*
    Durant*
    Kawhi
    George - he could also fit in PF

PF/C:
    Green
    Davis*
    Griffin

* = guys that were on the 2012 team.
    +1 That is a great and versatile roster. I'd personally never put Harden on a team I coached, but I can't see him not making.

Aldridge is probably the next big I'd take, so if Davis, Griffin, or Green aren't healthy, I could see Aldridge making it.

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We need at least one big that can match up with the bigs of the world. I think Drummond is a lock, but maybe if Lma can prove to be a defensive force for the rest of the year, he could turn some heads. It would be a long shot though imho. I think it would be in or best interest to have a small ball lineup.

Pgs Curry, Westbrook, Irving duke guy
    Sg butler, Thompson
    Sf LeBron, Durant, leonard
    Pf George, green
    C Davis, Drummond

Just thinking about it but Leonard could even start at the four
    Last edited by raybies; 01-19-2016 at 02:21 PM.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Kawhi/Draymond/Butler/LMA aren't going to make it b/c Coach K is going to bring back the tried-and-true crew & wants to cuck Pop on his way out.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    +1 That is a great and versatile roster. I'd personally never put Harden on a team I coached, but I can't see him not making.

Aldridge is probably the next big I'd take, so if Davis, Griffin, or Green aren't healthy, I could see Aldridge making it.
    I agree about Harden, I would probably swap him with Klay because I'd rather have his spot up shooting. As far as Aldridge I could see Jordan/Drummond being ahead of him maybe even Cousins.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree about Harden, I would probably swap him with Klay because I'd rather have his spot up shooting. As far as Aldridge I could see Jordan/Drummond being ahead of him maybe even Cousins.
    Yeah the team is gonna need a big defensive big. I think Aldridge could be a dark horse because of his defensive improvement this year and that fact he wouldn't be a liability at the free throw line.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would not pick James he is declining

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would not pick James he is declining
    Imagine lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah the team is gonna need a big defensive big. I think Aldridge could be a dark horse because of his defensive improvement this year and that fact he wouldn't be a liability at the free throw line.
    Took the words right off my keyboard. Of all of the bigs, he is the only true two way player. Everyone else is a dunker/shotblocker, or only an offensive threat.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully he does get the job at center for team USA, might open his mind up to being a center for us next year if Timmy retires.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This seems appropriate.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yikes...could Pop cut Aldridge?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Couldn't get the link to this but J.A. Adande just posted:

USA Basketball chairman Jerry Colangelo wouldn't go so far as to guarantee a place for Paul George on the 12-man roster for the 2016 Olympics, but it sounds as if George has an inside track. It would only be fair after George broke his leg in a Team USA scrimmage, causing him to miss the 2014 FIBA World Cup and all but six games of the 2014-15 NBA season. "We put a great deal of emphasis on people who have created equity for themselves, who have put themselves on the line," Colangelo said. "All of what he went through will not be forgotten."George was among the 30 finalists for the 2016 team announced by USA Basketball last week.

So, since George is probably a lock as payback for the he went through, how many more SF's are they going to keep? LeBron, Durant, Leonard? Guess they could play some or all of those guys at the 4 spot...

My Team
    Golden State Warriors
    Post Count
    So, since George is probably a lock as payback for the he went through, how many more SF's are they going to keep? LeBron, Durant, Leonard? Guess they could play some or all of those guys at the 4 spot...
    Don't forget Melo.

Unfortunately, I really do think Leonard is going to be left off this team.

It's possible they play James and/or George at the PF spot. Possibly use Leonard at SG?? But I think they'd look at Butler and even Thompson there first.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Pop will politic his way into getting LMA in Team USA this summer, IMO..

C: Davis/Cousins
    PF: Green/Aldridge

What do y'all think? Griffin already said he's not participating. An all star appearance and a gold medal for LMA in his first year as a Spur would be pretty cool. Would also help his confidence.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Pop will politic his way into getting LMA in Team USA this summer, IMO. . .
    I think Pop will impolitic his way to getting removed as National Team coach well before the 2020 Olympics . . .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wonder if there is going to be a 2020 the way things are going in the world....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol Poop

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ill be pissed if Pop s the bed with the US team

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wonder is Pop will push for Bonner to reneg his Canadian citizenship and join team USA

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Pop will impolitic his way to getting removed as National Team coach well before the 2020 Olympics . . .

smh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

He can dedicate himself fulltime to this job if, as it appears, he lost the fire the Spurs one....

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count

Blake/Davis/Bosh/LMA are out so the team essentially has no PFs outside of Faried/Love. (Faried/Love aren't making the team over Kawhi/Draymond)

12 man roster:

Drummond/Draymond
    LeBron/Carmelo
    Durant/Kawhi/PG
    Harden/Klay
    WestBrick/Kyrie/Lillard

The compe ion will be for the center spot b/w Cousins/DeAndre/Drummond but I'm picking Drummond since he made the World Cup team over DeAndre & Cousins reputation has only gotten worse.
    Last edited by Kawhitstorm; 06-07-2016 at 04:21 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Future Spur Jahlil Okafor and Pop bonding

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop rules forever

and ever..................

Thread Information