Page 9 of 62 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.nba.com/article/2019/07/...eam-usa-roster

It was subsequently announced that five more players have withdrawn from participation in the World Cup compe ion: Jaylen Brown, Montrezl Harrell, Julius Randle, Marcus Smart, and Thaddeus Young. When asked for comment, Mason Plumlee said, "I'm white, and unathletic, and I got nowhere else to go."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What the , I'm probably good for like 10 minutes off the bench.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At this rate Pop is going to have to suit up himself.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What’s the reason for these players dropping out? Are they Klutch players? Pop rubbed them the wrong way? Is Pop giving the wrong vibe?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Obviously the back to back years with World Cup and the olympics aren’t helping things but that and just not wanting to get injured/tired from playing in the offseason can’t be the only drivers for everyone jumping ship. There may actually be an anti-pop element to this.

Of the 20 nba all-stars that are Americans and eligible to be on the team, only 3 are still on the roster. Kyle Lowry, kris Middleton and Kemba Walker. That is just insane

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think it's a feedback loop. Guy says "I'm wanting a full training camp to maximize my season value," no one wants to be the melo of the group and say "I really don't care about the team's season, I'm doing fun" it's a trend.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Marcus Morris will be there. He gave his word. Problem solved.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What’s the reason for these players dropping out? Are they Klutch players? Pop rubbed them the wrong way? Is Pop giving the wrong vibe?

Team USA - they're going to be playing the National Anthem at the contests, and requiring players to stand.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Team USA - they're going to be playing the National Anthem at the contests, and requiring players to stand.
    It's because of the new late nba end date and early start date of training camp. Their offseason got cut by almost a month. Unless it's the olynpics I understand that most have families and cant commit to these kinds of things.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Yeah, I don't get how FIBA thinks this is going to lead to the best basketball tournaments possible, but maybe that's the whole point -- dilute the top pro participation to get some more parity.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's because of the new late nba end date and early start date of training camp. Their offseason got cut by almost a month. Unless it's the olynpics I understand that most have families and cant commit to these kinds of things.

Of course it is. It's hard to believe that FIBA was unaware, but I always have to remind myself not to rule out simple ignorance.

I also think that word has finally gotten around that a lot of overuse injuries can be reduced or even prevented by giving the body enough time to rebuild damaged bone and collagen. These guys who get the most minutes during the season need some time off the court in the summer.

There are people who want to hang this on Pop, just like they wanted to blame the Spurs for Kawhi wanting to go to LA. Everything doesn't have to be someone's fault.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean, what's the point? The country is fast turning into a hole and the Orange Ape on the throne will just berate you for doing well.

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yea guys, it's Orange man's fault this gots don't wanna play.

if only Obama was still the president, he'd probably join in and play for the team, cause, tbh he was better at playing basketball than running the country. All i know is that looking at american politics from the outside is amazing. Laughing material for days.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you think they would be dropping out like this if Coach K was still the coach?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yea guys, it's Orange man's fault this gots don't wanna play.

if only Obama was still the president, he'd probably join in and play for the team, cause, tbh he was better at playing basketball than running the country. All i know is that looking at american politics from the outside is amazing. Laughing material for days.
    Traitors don't inspire patriotism tbh. He's a coward who mainly only attacks and claps back at minorities and lesbians. Didn't have the balls to clap back at kerr, pop and many others.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Do you think they would be dropping out like this if Coach K was still the coach?
    Yes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    inb4 marcus morris commits and then decides to play for another country after further consideration

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nothing to do with Pop and more to do with the fact that tday's NBA player can get away with not representing their country because basically no one gives a about USA basketball anymore....with social media etc...players are worried about their "brand".... so why risk injury playing meaningless basketball when players are no longer held accountable for how they behave.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still dropping out but not at the same rate as they are for pop

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Marcus Smart says the guys playing on this year’s Team USA should be given priority for making the next team competing in the Olympics because they’re the ones putting in the work to qualify"

Frankly, I think Marcus Smart is right. A lot of the big names don't want to do the dirty work of qualifying, but they will want to jump in when it's the Olympics.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think it has anything to do with some anti-Pop movement. Some of y'all forget that this was the norm until 2002 and 2004 happened. Then all the top players started going to all compe ions to redeem Team USA. The team right after 2004 was even called the Redeem Team IIRC.

The top players are starting to get complacent again. They'll be there for the 2020 Olympics but give it a few more cycles and top players will sit out even the Olympics just like they did in 2004. It'll take another ass whooping for them to start taking it seriously again.

Thread Information