Page 38 of 62 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Plenty of Argies know jack about our basketball NT, since football (soccer) is all the hype around these parts (obligatory tag DAF86 SOMOS CAMPEONES PAPAAAA!!!!!!), but I'd expect more out of someone specifically posting in a basketball forum.

In any case, sadly Argentina isn't putting up the fight I'd expect them to, today. Why'd the USA team have to wake up right now, man? Can't y'all have sucked for one more game? Smh
    I know plenty about Argentina's NT. I'm just not a blind homer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude, Argentina are the current WC finalists.
    And? See my post above.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If USA plays to their potential they'll win gold relatively comfortably, but that's a big if. Pop coaching only exacerbates the problem, albeit FIBA basketball is more up his alley than modern NBA ball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If USA plays to their potential they'll win gold relatively comfortably, but that's a big if. Pop coaching only exacerbates the problem, albeit FIBA basketball is more up his alley than modern NBA ball.
    Nah, dude. Mills is gonna all over USA again. Their coach won't have him defend Durant like Pop loves to do, either.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They're not a contending team anymore. There's no expectation that they'll win anything. Yes, they reached the final last WC and got their asses handed to them by Spain...

Sorry, the fact that Scola is still playing with that team says everything that needs to be said.
    You're either hyperbolizing to and back in either your previous post or this one, or trolling me with this. I mean, I know you're a troll, but it's more entertaining if I take your word at face value on this.

How can the same team that went to the WC Finals and lost to a great Spain team, be " " and have no expectation of winning anything? Plain bull . Yeah, of course they aren't favorites to win gold medal, but they're certainly contending - especially with Campazzo now in the NBA and new young blood like Vildoza and Lapro. Scola isn't in his prime anymore but it's stupidly disingenuous to say that his presence alone "says everything"; not only did he have quite the productive game today, he was eating big men alive last WC and has been for years. , LeBron is 36 and still arguably on top of the NBA age ain't the end-all be-all that it once was.

The team lacks quality big men to replace Luifa, but it's still a great team that can aspire to make a lot of noise and get any of the medals, you paint an absolutely wrong picture of it, which is strange given you're apparently so well-tied to Argentina and such. Guess it's the inescapable American superiority complex, still alive and well even in this day and age...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah, dude. Mills is gonna all over USA again. Their coach won't have him defend Durant like Pop loves to do, either.
    I wouldn't be surprised at all to see the US upset in this tourney, by Australia or any other team. Everyone keeps expecting them to "kick it up a notch", and while they won today, it was hardly in impressive fashion. They're more paper tigers this year than maybe ever before tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And? See my post above.
    So you have to be a blind homer to think the current WC finalists aren't ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They're not a contending team anymore. There's no expectation that they'll win anything. Yes, they reached the final last WC and got their asses handed to them by Spain...

Sorry, the fact that Scola is still playing with that team says everything that needs to be said.
    Scola outplayed the likes of Jokic and Gobert in the last WC.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're either hyperbolizing to and back in either your previous post or this one, or trolling me with this. I mean, I know you're a troll, but it's more entertaining if I take your word at face value on this.

How can the same team that went to the WC Finals and lost to a great Spain team, be " " and have no expectation of winning anything? Plain bull . Yeah, of course they aren't favorites to win gold medal, but they're certainly contending - especially with Campazzo now in the NBA and new young blood like Vildoza and Lapro. Scola isn't in his prime anymore but it's stupidly disingenuous to say that his presence alone "says everything"; not only did he have quite the productive game today, he was eating big men alive last WC and has been for years. , LeBron is 36 and still arguably on top of the NBA age ain't the end-all be-all that it once was.

The team lacks quality big men to replace Luifa, but it's still a great team that can aspire to make a lot of noise and get any of the medals, you paint an absolutely wrong picture of it, which is strange given you're apparently so well-tied to Argentina and such. Guess it's the inescapable American superiority complex, still alive and well even in this day and age...
    I didn't say " ". I said "sucks" and there might be some hyperbole to that, but the reality is that they reached the WC final after Serbia beat a very pedestrian Team USA, which had nowhere near the roster this Team USA had.

And let's be honest, Lapro couldn't cut it in the NBA, Garino couldn't either, I love Deck but his game is rough as , and as good Campazzo has become he's not really that complicated to game plan against. Not going to ask anything else of Luifa, and we should not, he's well past his prime.

When you're a contender you don't go "make some noise". That's what we did before the golden generation, and we came back empty handed, which is what our expectation with this roster should be.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you have to be a blind homer to think the current WC finalists aren't ?
    I meant the "contending" post.

Scola outplayed the likes of Jokic and Gobert in the last WC.
    Scola is two years older, and we're still having to trot him out there because, let's face it, there's nobody else.

Team USA basically sent scrubs to that WC. That's not what this compe ion is going to look like.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I meant the "contending" post.

Scola is two years older, and we're still having to trot him out there because, let's face it, there's nobody else.

Team USA basically sent scrubs to that WC. That's not what this compe ion is going to look like.
    I don't care who the US or any other NT sends, that's not the issue here. You said this current Argentina team sucks, it doesn't. That's the whole debate here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone think it's crazy for Durbetta to be putting this many miles on his Achilles?

Klanus just ruled out another 6 months.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't care who the US or any other NT sends, that's not the issue here. You said this current Argentina team sucks, it doesn't. That's the whole debate here.
    of course it is when your claim that Argentina doesn't suck it's because it was a finalist in the last WC two years ago... the least you can do is acknowledge it's not the same level of compe ion they'll face now.

And look, let's see how it works out. Feel free to bump this if they medal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    of course it is when your claim that Argentina doesn't suck it's because it was a finalist in the last WC two years ago... the least you can do is acknowledge it's not the same level of compe ion they'll face now.

And look, let's see how it works out. Feel free to bump this if they medal.
    I don't care the level of compe ion and I don't care if they medal or not, they do not suck. It's simple as that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't care the level of compe ion and I don't care if they medal or not, they do not suck. It's simple as that.
    What you care or not about is immaterial. Compared to other Argentina teams before them, this Argentina team literally sucks. It’s not even close.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What you care or not about is immaterial. Compared to other Argentina teams before them, this Argentina team literally sucks. It’s not even close.
    Ok, the WC finalists suck, son. You win.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ok, the WC finalists suck, son. You win.
    of course it is when your claim that Argentina doesn't suck it's because it was a finalist in the last WC two years ago...
    too easy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nigeria looks like the best team, far and away, in this Vegas tourney.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nigeria looks like the best team, far and away, in this Vegas tourney.
    Australia beat them by 39 the other night. No team is truly dominant from watching all these exhibition games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nigeria 90 USA 87
    Nigeria 94 Argie 71

USA 108 Argie 80

Sorry porks but the common opponent and head to head show that Argie relatively sucks. Might have some good players but this year not 5 at once.
    the logic of the common opponent is a slippery slope. for instance, it took a last second three for australia to beat argentina, argentina then lost to nigeria by 23 and nigeria got demolished by australia yesterday (at one point they were down by more than 40). that being said, the argies are not a very good squad this go around.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tim Reynolds BytimReynolds

AP source: USA Basketball guard Bradley Beal has entered the health and safety protocols in Las Vegas, raising the possibility that he may not be able to attend the Tokyo Games. There is nothing definitive about that at this point.
    7:09pm · 14 Jul 2021 · Twitter Web App

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

AP source: USA Basketball guard Bradley Beal has entered the health and safety protocols in Las Vegas, raising the possibility that he may not be able to attend the Tokyo Games. There is nothing definitive about that at this point.
    Interesting development. If multiple USA players end up being affected, this could get ugly real fast.

Maybe Vegas wasn't the best place to take everybody before sending them all to Tokyo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I mean do people still get it if they’re vaccinated? Can I assume he’s not? I can’t really understand why people still won’t get vaccinated, especially if you’re going to be around people.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean do people still get it if they’re vaccinated? Can I assume he’s not? I can’t really understand why people still won’t get vaccinated, especially if you’re going to be around people.
    Yes, people can still contract COVID or one of the variants even if they are vaccinated.

Chris Paul was vaccinated and still ended up testing positive which caused him to miss a few games during the playoffs.

No vaccine is 100% effective, but yes...people still need to go get vaccinated. It's a numbers game, and we need to get on the right side of the numbers.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, people can still contract COVID or one of the variants even if they are vaccinated.

Chris Paul was vaccinated and still ended up testing positive which caused him to miss a few games during the playoffs.

No vaccine is 100% effective, but yes...people still need to go get vaccinated. It's a numbers game, and we need to get on the right side of the numbers.
    Well, contracting Covid is not the same as testing positive. With how sensitive many of the tests are, the false positive rate is and has been nowhere near trivial.

Thread Information