Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ehh, you already want to carry around spares, why not?
    It's way more annoying to have to wait for a phone to charge from an external than just slap a new battery in and go on your way. Internal batteries are smaller, also. The 3000mAh battery in the G4 is about as thick as a half dollar. Easy to port around. Most external batteries are larger and somewhat more bersome.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^^^^^^
    Zerolemon.com
    7500 and 7800 mAh fits many Gs.
    Lasts a long time before charges.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just got myself the Nexus 6P. More than happy with it.

If the Pixel C wasn't utter I might have targeted that as my next purchase.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This phone is currently at 99 bucks

Not bad for the price tbh

https://youtu.be/giqfLdGFAJ8

hope and change
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This phone is currently at 99 bucks

Not bad for the price tbh

https://youtu.be/giqfLdGFAJ8
    it was $99 for a few days last week, $150 now. amazing for the price, I should have bought 2

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it was $99 for a few days last week, $150 now. amazing for the price, I should have bought 2
    Yup

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Currently have the S6.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Currently have the S6.
    Battery life inexplicably got better a week or so ago. Like a lot better

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Currently have the S6.
    Battery life inexplicably got better a week or so ago. Like a lot better
    How do you guys like it so far?

Haven't made the switch from my S5 because :

- water resistant and dust proof
    - removable battery
    - extra storage
    - people make fun of the ugly back, but its texture makes it really grippy

I do like some of the features of the S6 though:

- better camera for night shots and OIS (the S5 takes great daytime pics though)
    - better fingerprit scanner
    - OS theming : Lollipop and its white background ; I had to download 3rd party dialer, SMS, file manager apps with dark theme options, because the stock ones have ugly/blinding white backgrounds

Other thant that, the S5 is still a great phone

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I actually have an s6 personally and an s5 for work
    The s6 is great for all the reasons that you mentioned and up until a couple of weeks ago I would not have recommended it because of battery, but now, all of a sudden it lasts all day from about 7am and still has about 30% when I get home from work at ~6:30. No change in use, they must have fixed something. Now I'm pretty happy with it. I still want to go back to a nexus, but not as badly.

The s5 dialer is . I don't take pictures with it. I haven't even tried the fingerprint thing because someone told me it's terrible. The s6 is great for this. I use hangouts for messaging.. Other than that, I've left the s5 pretty much alone. I really only use that phone for mobile email. Most of the time I give my personal phone or for work purposes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I actually have an s6 personally and an s5 for work
    The s6 is great for all the reasons that you mentioned and up until a couple of weeks ago I would not have recommended it because of battery, but now, all of a sudden it lasts all day from about 7am and still has about 30% when I get home from work at ~6:30. No change in use, they must have fixed something. Now I'm pretty happy with it. I still want to go back to a nexus, but not as badly.

The s5 dialer is . I don't take pictures with it. I haven't even tried the fingerprint thing because someone told me it's terrible. The s6 is great for this. I use hangouts for messaging.. Other than that, I've left the s5 pretty much alone. I really only use that phone for mobile email. Most of the time I give my personal phone or for work purposes.
    Thanks

Did you recently get a firmware update?

As for the S5 fingerprint scanner it's not that bad tbh
    The S6 one is just more convenient

I use ExDialer pro with a dark material theme lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Iphone 6s. I've had it for a couple months now, it's alright. I think I'm only going to keep it for a year, then get the new Nexus next year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No removable battery, but better camera, bigger battery and micro-SD and water resistance

This is probably my next phone tbh :

Galaxy S7 And S7 Edge To Bring Back MicroSD Card Slot And Water Resistance

http://www.androidpolice.com/2016/01...a-12mp-camera/

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So I scratched the ing lens to my camera and now it won't focus. However, I found out my upgrade is right around the corner...so it looks like I'll be getting the G4.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    No removable battery, but better camera, bigger battery and micro-SD and water resistance

This is probably my next phone tbh :

Galaxy S7 And S7 Edge To Bring Back MicroSD Card Slot And Water Resistance

http://www.androidpolice.com/2016/01...a-12mp-camera/
    Thought about getting a refurbished S7 tbh. Still cant justify the price since the iPhone 7 is my primary phone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I got the S8

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what plan?

I'm waiting for boxing day deals for an s8 or pixel 2. In store credit going to bw huge in best buy or the source.

A 300 dollar in store will make me get a switch.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what plan?

I'm waiting for boxing day deals for an s8 or pixel 2. In store credit going to bw huge in best buy or the source.

A 300 dollar in store will make me get a switch.
    It's 0 bucks with Robbers , had some balance left on my contract but a friend of friend works at Robbers, going to cancel the balance fees.

Btw Pixel has no headphone jack.

Also, Bixby voice is cool tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wifey needs a new phone. she's been attached to her bum-ass LG phone which is already falling apart 2 years after getting it . we're not under contract (i would never finance a phone, that's just code for buying something i can't afford)

we've been with AT&T, currently paying about ~100/mo for our wireless/data plan between the two of us. no issues with the service, so no reason to switch out at this point. seeing that they currently have a BOGO deal on newer phones. i've had my iphone 6 for over 4 years now. still runs fine, but getting a newer phone wouldn't hurt.

only thing is, the BOGO deal requires you do be on an unlimited data plan, which for me would cost ~40/mo more than i'm paying now. granted, a "free" phone would basically make up for the first ~20 months of those increased payments, after which i'm stuck with an unlimited plan, when we barely use data (we're sharing 5GB/mo now, and have no issues with it)

thinking of just buying her a phone and being done with it, but then again while my phone is doing fine now, i'd probably be needing an upgrade in the next year or two anyway

edit: if i'm understanding it right, you need to add a new line as well? that
    Last edited by spurraider21; 07-19-2019 at 12:13 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wifey needs a new phone. she's been attached to her bum-ass LG phone which is already falling apart 2 years after getting it . we're not under contract (i would never finance a phone, that's just code for buying something i can't afford)

we've been with AT&T, currently paying about ~100/mo for our wireless/data plan between the two of us. no issues with the service, so no reason to switch out at this point. seeing that they currently have a BOGO deal on newer phones. i've had my iphone 6 for over 4 years now. still runs fine, but getting a newer phone wouldn't hurt.

only thing is, the BOGO deal requires you do be on an unlimited data plan, which for me would cost ~40/mo more than i'm paying now. granted, a "free" phone would basically make up for the first ~20 months of those increased payments, after which i'm stuck with an unlimited plan, when we barely use data (we're sharing 5GB/mo now, and have no issues with it)

thinking of just buying her a phone and being done with it, but then again while my phone is doing fine now, i'd probably be needing an upgrade in the next year or two anyway

edit: if i'm understanding it right, you need to add a new line as well? that
    I switched out AT&T to a pre-paid for $40/mo (with autopay), and just buy the phones outright whenever I feel like doing so. Barely use any data, and if I go over whatever limit, it just throttles. No contract either.

I've an iPhone X, so, barring the battery swap in a year or so, I don't think I'll be upgrading any time soon. I also have a Xs Max with Verizon from work, and it's basically the same phone, tbh, just a bit larger...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I switched out AT&T to a pre-paid for $40/mo (with autopay), and just buy the phones outright whenever I feel like doing so. Barely use any data, and if I go over whatever limit, it just throttles. No contract either.

I've an iPhone X, so, barring the battery swap in a year or so, I don't think I'll be upgrading any time soon. I also have a Xs Max with Verizon from work, and it's basically the same phone, tbh, just a bit larger...
    Didn’t even know that was a thing. Seems like going prepaid is just objectively cheaper. From quick research main caveats are you can’t finance a phone (which i wouldn’t do anyway) and that supposedly you have lower priority for data when it bottlenecks, but we’re fairly exclusively on WiFi with the exception of using Navi on the road which barely uses data. Thanks for heads up.

Will look into buying at the store or through some service like Swappa, and ultimately switch to prepaid

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    New phones are the biggest waste of money. Everyone wants to have the latest shiny new toy. But the hardware and software is pretty much the same as the model before. As long as you don't clutter up your phone with needless apps, that Iphone3 you had years ago will do the same stuff as your brand new $1000 Iphone 10. But you've now spent probably $5000 to have all of the latest versions.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I refuse to pay laptop price for a phone.. that being said I recently got an LG G8 ThinQ, and I must say I really like this phone so far. Huge upgrade from the G4

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    New phones are the biggest waste of money. Everyone wants to have the latest shiny new toy. But the hardware and software is pretty much the same as the model before. As long as you don't clutter up your phone with needless apps, that Iphone3 you had years ago will do the same stuff as your brand new $1000 Iphone 10. But you've now spent probably $5000 to have all of the latest versions.
    Andy stop being a cheap ass. That Motorola flip phone was cool back in the 90’s tbh

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    i have a Sony Xperia XZ premium, pretty solid for my purposes

Thread Information