Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
    Sleeping With The Original Axis of Evil hussker's Avatar
    Post Count
    I will say to you all, whoever y'all may be. If you have never been to a game at Kyle Field, you have not experienced true team/school spirit.

As a Cornhusker, I always have had pride in my alma mater. The Aggies have outdone them considerably.

From the First Yell program last night, to the Midnight Yell to the Breakfast on the Plaza and game, I was impressed.

Having been to some of the finest venues and games before, (Memorial Stadium in Lincoln, Royal Stadium in Austin, etc...) I am a new convert to Kyle Field and what goes on here in College Station certainly CANNOT be duplicated anywhere.

I am a transplant here having attended the University of Nebraska, spent 23 yrs in the Air Force and retired, and now followed my wife to College Station so she can complete her PhD in Child Psych. I honestly never thought I would see any place like Nebraska because, let's face it, "There Is No Place Like Nebraska".

My mind is changed today. A&M is awesome. I cannot wait to be involved in the tu TAMU event. I despise tu. That fact aside, I am sure the TAMU faithful will not spare me on 11/11/06 when my Men of Corn come to town.

Rest assured, that will be the only game I will not hug/lean/sway to The Aggie War Hymn. What a great day!

GO BIG RED!!! I love you AGS!

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I have never been there but everyone I know that has says the same thing.

Post Count
    It is freaking awesome! There's just so much unity and tradition, the word "amazing" doesn't do it justice. Today when they had the all 12th man lineup for that kick off, my god I wish I would have been at Kyle Field for that, nothing short of breathtaking I bet.

Post Count
    Well, I am the lucky one who gets to enjoy 5 more years of that wonderful place!

Post Count
    Oh, and the LATERS are being clobbered again.

Leonard Doody is my BITCH! Mr Dio's Avatar
    Post Count
    Ever been to a game between 2 top 10 teams with OVER 105,000 fans?
    I have had an experience that few, VERY few on this board can match.
    I'm sure Kyle Field was great to you and all but seriously, did you think football in the state of Texas is worse than that in Neb?

BTW, sorry UT snapped that bogus home winnning streak.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Texas is better than Nebraska but...

My step-dad has been to a College Station for an A&M game and he said it was a great experience for him.

Post Count
    I don't doubt the ags have a great experience awaiting all who attend BUT, I don't see how anyone can say that someone else hasn't experienced "true team/school spirit" when they probably haven't been to a game where seating is, once again, OVER 105K & people started tailgating 12 hours BEFORE the game. I'm not talking about pulling into the parking lot & setting up..I'm talking about cracking a few open & having 250,000 (estimated of course) people on Lane Ave by kickoff.

Post Count
    This is Lane Ave, (1) pic looking one way & the other pic looking the other way down the street.

Look at that short fat Horns fan!

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    How were you able to go to the UT-OSU game?

Post Count
    I should also add that these pics taken last week were 2 blocks from the stadium were massive partying was going on.

Anyone ever seen TBDBITL dot the "i" witht the tuba player? Awesome, just awesome.

Post Count
    Ever been to a game between 2 top 10 teams with OVER 105,000 fans?
    I have had an experience that few, VERY few on this board can match.
    I'm sure Kyle Field was great to you and all but seriously, did you think football in the state of Texas is worse than that in Neb?

BTW, sorry UT snapped that bogus home winnning streak.

Was not referring to a GAME, was referring to a place. Personally, the best GAME I have ever been to was the 2002 Class 5 Div I Texas High School State Championship game that Judson pulled out vs Midland in the MO(fo) Dome.

Don't get defensive young (I am assuming Horns) fan. I was merely making an obsevation concerning venue, not contest. Let's face it, SMU is not much of an opponent (unless you are TCU, the team that whacked the LATERS earlier this yr).

Do not confuse my VENUE thread with GAME thread.

Anyone wanna back me up on that one? Oh, An I have spent MANY a 60 minute contest at the home of the ShortHorns being an SA native.

Don't confuse posts. If you want to start a "best game" thread feel free to do so.

Hugs,
    Hussker

Post Count
    How were you able to go to the UT-OSU game?
    I'm eating Top Ramen for the next 2 wks.
    A pair of tkts alone was $660. Well worth it, I would do it all over & pay even more.

Post Count
    Nice pics...you guys have to come here this year, and I cannot wait to see that. I am usually non-biased, but you have given me a reason to cheer against the ShortHorns. And, I have no clue why you chose to drag my Alma Mater into this. It was never the point of the thread.

Feel free to start a new one,
    Back me up folks!

Hugs,
    Hussker

Post Count
    I will say to you all, whoever y'all may be. If you have never been to a game at Kyle Field, you have not experienced true team/school spirit.
    No confusion here & I won't beg for backup or help.
    Your post states it all & you are WRONG.
    I HAVE experienced what you speak of & it has been in Columbus & aUsTin.

Post Count
    You made the choice to bring up NE, not me. If you'd like to drop them I'm sure you'll have no objection here.

Post Count
    No confusion here & I won't beg for backup or help.
    Your post states it all & you are WRONG.
    I HAVE experienced what you speak of & it has been in Columbus & aUsTin.
    Not begging, just ensuring that you may begin a post elsewhere that fits your needs. So you are claiming that the HORSESHOE is the best place to go? Hmmm, kinda don't think so. Have you been to Kyle Field?

I always thought that Penn State or Notre Dame was the place to be, and it may be for history, but TAMU is incredible indeed.

I am simply making an observation. If The HORSESHOE is better, I cannot compare it to Kyle Field and the fans there. I have never been there.

Hugs,
    Hussker

Post Count
    You made the choice to bring up NE, not me. If you'd like to drop them I'm sure you'll have no objection here.
    Not true, I brought it up as a VENUE, not a team.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I'm eating Top Ramen for the next 2 wks.
    A pair of tkts alone was $660. Well worth it, I would do it all over & pay even more.
    Pretty good....

Post Count
    HORSESHOE is the best
    Please please please show where I posted that.
    Once again, your words.

I never have been to Kyle.
    I will say the best game I've EVER been to was @ the Horseshoe but for week-in-and-week-out best??, I don't know if there is such a place.

Post Count
    Again, referring to a GAME not a venue. I am sure the Ramen would suck (worse) if the Bucks had won the game, but I cannot prove that either. Again, VENUE, not event. I applaud your sacrifice for attending the game.

Post Count

This is the view from the luxury box.
    Yeah, add another $660 just to use the john there.
    That is the overhang on B Deck in the closed end.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Again, referring to a GAME not a venue. I am sure the Ramen would suck (worse) if the Bucks had won the game, but I cannot prove that either. Again, VENUE, not event. I applaud your sacrifice for attending the game.
    Why did you quote me if your talking to Dio?

Post Count
    Please please please show where I posted that.
    Once again, your words.

I never have been to Kyle.
    I will say the best game I've EVER been to was @ the Horseshoe but for week-in-and-week-out best??, I don't know if there is such a place.
    Please, come to Kyle for a game and observe. You do not even have to do it when tu comes in November. I am sure there are tix for the Texas State game next week. Come and enjoy the whole weekend events.

By the way, I cannot wait to go to the events for the tu week! I am certain that it will be a great experience. Again, this is about VENUE, not GAME> Let's face it, a 66-8 game pretty much sucks.

Post Count
    Yeah, if the Horns had lost I would indeed be bummed being poor & eating Ramen.

Thread Information