Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    To simplify it I'm excluding defensive players--because let's be honest--if Watt couldn't win it with arguably the best individual defensive season in NFL history then we probably won't see a defensive player win one again in our lifetimes. Watt, Woodson, and any Broncos player are your top defensive candidates though. Yes it's pretty much a QB award, but then again it's the most important/impactful position in all of sports.

1. Tom Brady - On pace for something like 42 tds and 2 ints, and his only real shots at a loss are at the Giants and Broncos. Unless he gets injured or suffers a stroke he's pretty much got this locked up.
    2. Aaron Rodgers - His stats are pretty tame compared to other years, but he's still the best player in the game.
    3. Eli Manning - Having a tremendous revival season, and keeping the Giants afloat without Victor Cruz or any semblance of a defense. Every other NFC team is praying they don't make the playoffs, obviously.
    4. Derek Carr - Reviving a proud, but recently-inept franchise. Puts up great #'s, is clutch, and shows confidence beyond his years. As I said a few weeks back, I'm all-in on this kid, Raiders struck gold.
    5. Todd Gurley - I have a healthy disdain for running backs--particularly the feature back--but there's no denying that he's brought a special energy to that team, and has them competing in a tough division.

HM's:

Drew Brees - He'll finish 2nd or 3rd by year's end if he keeps this up. We all thought he was dead in the water but gotdayum never count an MVP out I guess.
    Antonio Brown - Would easily be Top 5 right now if Rape hadn't gotten injured--still putting in work.
    Carson Palmer - Quietly having a great season, it's a shame he's due for another ACL tear soon.
    DeAndre Hopkins - Texans are quietly coming around in that division, thanks to him.
    Julio Jones

Omissions:

Devonta Freeman - I'm not buying into his Arian Foster/Shady McCoy-esque stat-whoring act. I'll gladly eat crow on this if he keeps it up for more than half a season though.
    Andy Dalton - I'll believe it when I see it
    Teddy Bridgewater - To be fair nobody's touting him as an MVP candidate, just call it a preemptive strike against those that like to falsely attribute a team's success to game managers.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    You forgot Newton.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    any qb/coach that can take the raiders to the playoffs has to be in consideration for mvp/coy

but i dont see any way brady doesnt get mvp this year unless some crazy happens in 2nd half. brees will continue to climb the charts if the saints keep going too

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    voted by over 2 mill fans.. better hope Brady doesn't get injured

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    voted by over 2 mill fans.. better hope Brady doesn't get injured
    How many times did you vote for him? Be honest? Five million times??

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    Look - I don't think Newton should win the award over Brady either. What Brady is doing this year is ridiculous. But to say Newton is a "game manager" and shouldn't be in the discussion is even more idiotic then thinking anyone other than Brady deserves the award.

Tom Brady is ridiculously fortunate to play for one of the best coaches of all time and to be in one of the best systems. He is also fortunate to play with Gronkowski.

Point is, most people point to stats to discredit Newton. Here's some stats for you: Carolina is fourth in scoring. Ted Ginn Jr. has 7 drops this year, Funchess with five. Ginn Jr. has a 23% drop rate... that is absolutely terrible.. he is barely a WR 4... Funchess drop rate is 46.8%.

Stats "never lie" - but they don't tell the whole story.

MVP RACE:
    1 - Brady
    2 - Newton
    3 - Rodgers
    4 - Dalton
    5 - Gronkowski

If defensive players were allowed, Josh Norman would be in my top 10. He has saved us in games. Without Norman, I have no clue what our record would be.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    i think that when your statline is
    54.2 % 217.6 yd/g 11td 8 int
    it does tell the whole story

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    i think that when your statline is
    54.2 % 217.6 yd/g 11td 8 int
    That's becasue you don't know football

http://www.ninersnation.com/2015/11/...he-same-player

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    MVPs cheating* allowed:
    1. Brady
    2. Gronk
    3. Belichick

MVPs of non-cheating part of league:
    Dalton
    Cam
    Rodgers

So it all depends on whether you consider cheating when voting, tbqh...

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    i don't remember saying they are the same player. I don't even remember comparing them.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    To simplify it I'm excluding defensive players--because let's be honest--if Watt couldn't win it with arguably the best individual defensive season in NFL history then we probably won't see a defensive player win one again in our lifetimes. Watt, Woodson, and any Broncos player are your top defensive candidates though. Yes it's pretty much a QB award, but then again it's the most important/impactful position in all of sports.

1. Tom Brady - On pace for something like 42 tds and 2 ints, and his only real shots at a loss are at the Giants and Broncos. Unless he gets injured or suffers a stroke he's pretty much got this locked up.
    2. Aaron Rodgers - His stats are pretty tame compared to other years, but he's still the best player in the game.
    3. Eli Manning - Having a tremendous revival season, and keeping the Giants afloat without Victor Cruz or any semblance of a defense. Every other NFC team is praying they don't make the playoffs, obviously.
    4. Derek Carr - Reviving a proud, but recently-inept franchise. Puts up great #'s, is clutch, and shows confidence beyond his years. As I said a few weeks back, I'm all-in on this kid, Raiders struck gold.
    5. Todd Gurley - I have a healthy disdain for running backs--particularly the feature back--but there's no denying that he's brought a special energy to that team, and has them competing in a tough division.

HM's:

Drew Brees - He'll finish 2nd or 3rd by year's end if he keeps this up. We all thought he was dead in the water but gotdayum never count an MVP out I guess.
    Antonio Brown - Would easily be Top 5 right now if Rape hadn't gotten injured--still putting in work.
    Carson Palmer - Quietly having a great season, it's a shame he's due for another ACL tear soon.
    DeAndre Hopkins - Texans are quietly coming around in that division, thanks to him.
    Julio Jones

Omissions:

Devonta Freeman - I'm not buying into his Arian Foster/Shady McCoy-esque stat-whoring act. I'll gladly eat crow on this if he keeps it up for more than half a season though.
    Andy Dalton - I'll believe it when I see it
    Teddy Bridgewater - To be fair nobody's touting him as an MVP candidate, just call it a preemptive strike against those that like to falsely attribute a team's success to game managers.
    And the Pats tbqh.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    And the Pats tbqh.
    ehm. not really.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    And the Pats tbqh.
    Not this year. The Giants won both SBs largely due to a ridiculous all-world pass rush. This year they have one of the worst pass rushes in the NFL, which is why they aren't going to make the SB to begin with.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    ehm. not really.
    Not this year. The Giants won both SBs largely due to a ridiculous all-world pass rush. This year they have one of the worst pass rushes in the NFL, which is why they aren't going to make the SB to begin with.
    It begins. 18-1 Part III: Odell Beckham Jr.'s turn.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    It begins. 18-1 Part III: Odell Beckham Jr.'s turn.
    you sure are hustlin'... never give up, never surrender...

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    you sure are hustlin'... never give up, never surrender...
    Erryday

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    MVP RACE:
    2 - Newton
    3 - Rodgers

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Typical blind homer cat got take.

Hans Brix??? Oh no!!!! Kim Jong-il's Avatar
    Post Count
    He's the QB on an undefeated team and putting up impressive numbers. Cam deserves at least a little MVP consideration.

EDIT: I never actually looked at his numbers before posting this. I just assumed he had decent numbers to be 7-0 (6-1) at this point. After seeing that mediocre ass stat line, I retract my previous statement.
    Last edited by Kim Jong-il; 11-07-2015 at 11:27 PM.

Hans Brix??? Oh no!!!! Kim Jong-il's Avatar
    Post Count
    MVPs cheating* allowed:
    1. Brady
    2. Gronk
    3. Belichick

MVPs of non-cheating part of league:
    Dalton
    Cam
    Rodgers

So it all depends on whether you consider cheating when voting, tbqh...
    When exactly did the Patriots get caught cheating this season?

In Bud We Trust SquawkinHawkBigCock's Avatar
    My Team
    Atlanta Falcons
    Post Count
    How is Freeman stat whoring...?

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    1.) Andy Dalton
    2.) Andy Dalton
    3.) Andy Dalton
    4.) Andy Dalton
    5.) Andy Dalton

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Tom Brady is all alone with this. If he doesn't get hurt it's all his.

When he retires he will be known as the best ever. He'll have the stats/success combo unlike anyone else.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Tom Brady is all alone with this. If he doesn't get hurt it's all his.

When he retires he will be known as the best ever. He'll have the stats/success combo unlike anyone else.
    what do you mean, when he retires..

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    How is Freeman stat whoring...?
    I didn't get that either. He's had a couple TDs in garbage time. But he should be in the discussion. At least more so than Julio who OP put in the top group. If you've seen the games, you'd know that Freeman is the real deal.

Thread Information