Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Shhhh... I'll be gentle. TheDoctor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm creating this thread to start a general discussion about the things going on around the League. So grab a stool, a drink and relax.

Let me begin.

Soon after Sacramento was hammered by us Monday night, Sacramento's cluster star, DeMarcus Cousins, stormed into the locker room and cursed out head coach George Karl with a torrent of obscenities.

After Cousins unleashed F-bombs after F-bombs on Karl, all the head coach -who publicly feuded with Cousins in summer- could do was walk away. Afterward, Cousins felt some remorse for his actions, asking a couple of teammates if he came down too hard on the coach. They calmly told him, "you can't scream and curse like that at your coach in front of everyone."

What I would not have given to be present in that locker room.
    Last edited by TheDoctor; 11-12-2015 at 10:30 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wrong forum bro.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meh, I'd prefer this to the 10,000 spam threads that get made on a daily basis.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ok. Tried to do something different here with you guys. More private. Not something wide-open to the majority of NBA fans.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chances Boogie ends up on the Spurs when he eventually becomes a FA? Less than 5 percent?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cousins could be a superstar but that right there is the reason why the most wins the Kings have ever had in a season with him is 29. They've never even looked close to making the playoffs and it's because he fosters a cancerous, petulant locker room atmosphere.

Say what you want about the Kings poor drafting record, but at least some of that is due to those players being drafted to the Kings. Put a bunch of those guys on the Spurs for their rookie deal and I expect they'd all be better players. Rookies in Sacramento aren't put in to a position to succeed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chances Boogie ends up on the Spurs when he eventually becomes a FA? Less than 5 percent?
    About the same as the odds that the Spurs would even want him, very low.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    About the same as the odds that the Spurs would even want him, very low.
    I would love to have good Boogie on the Spurs. The guy's a beast, sadly right now, a detrimental beast. Also, lets not forget Karl came in with a "trade him" mentality. Cousins was actually behaving kinda good under Mike Malone's tutelage.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cousins could be a superstar but that right there is the reason why the most wins the Kings have ever had in a season with him is 29. They've never even looked close to making the playoffs and it's because he fosters a cancerous, petulant locker room atmosphere.

Say what you want about the Kings poor drafting record, but at least some of that is due to those players being drafted to the Kings. Put a bunch of those guys on the Spurs for their rookie deal and I expect they'd all be better players. Rookies in Sacramento aren't put in to a position to succeed.
    Eh. Don't put the blame all on Boogie. The Kings draft terribly and don't know how to run a basketball organization. Anytime they DO draft talent they sell them down the river for picks or washed up players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would love to have good Boogie on the Spurs. The guy's a beast, sadly right now, a detrimental beast. Also, lets not forget Karl came in with a "trade him" mentality. Cousins was actually behaving kinda good under Mike Malone's tutelage.
    I think it was a huge mistake to fire Malone when they did. Malone had the team playing a style that suit their talents and they were winning early in the season. More importantly Cousins was coming from a good showing at the Basketball World Cup and he had a good relationship with Malone at the point when he was fired. Malone had them playing well and they were not a particularly talented team outside of Cousins and Rudy Gay.

The explanation given by the Managers was that Malone wasn't implementing the style they wanted. They basically threw the season away for no reason TBH, for no reason!!!! They wanted to be this run and gun team like the Warriors, but TBH, does that suit Boogie's talent? Having him shoot 3s from the perimeter? Really? And even if that was the reason, they had a winning record up to that point, or close to it, why not let the man finish the season, then make changes in the offseason with personnel and coaching or whatever.

As bad tempered as Cousins has been, the SAC franchise has been terrible. They have not done well by Boogie. He's got a bad temper and has been very immature, but really? In the kind of situation he's been in for so many years, it is tough to keep up a positive outlook.

As for the Karl tongue lashing: it was inappropriate, but Boogie was frustrated and directed that at Karl. The reality is that some of his frustration needs to be directed at teammates who were not giving their all. In that 4th Q, I only saw Belinelli, continue to compete and try to make plays. The rest of the Kings had given up on defense entirely. I think the problem for Karl at this point is that he didn't get his players to buy in, and he had been a cancer himself in how he managed Boogie.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    About the same as the chances of finding Bigfoot drinking from the Holy Grail with Jimmy Hoffa.
    Last edited by TXstbobcat; 11-12-2015 at 11:33 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cousins will never ..... eeeeeeeever get over himself

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ok. Tried to do something different here with you guys. More private. Not something wide-open to the majority of NBA fans.
    I feel you. If this thread got made downstairs it would just turn into another Kobe vs. Duncan debate. With it being here at least it has a chance to be a Parker ing thread.

...also, Duncan>>>>>Kirby

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think it was a huge mistake to fire Malone when they did. Malone had the team playing a style that suit their talents and they were winning early in the season. More importantly Cousins was coming from a good showing at the Basketball World Cup and he had a good relationship with Malone at the point when he was fired. Malone had them playing well and they were not a particularly talented team outside of Cousins and Rudy Gay.

The explanation given by the Managers was that Malone wasn't implementing the style they wanted. They basically threw the season away for no reason TBH, for no reason!!!! They wanted to be this run and gun team like the Warriors, but TBH, does that suit Boogie's talent? Having him shoot 3s from the perimeter? Really? And even if that was the reason, they had a winning record up to that point, or close to it, why not let the man finish the season, then make changes in the offseason with personnel and coaching or whatever.

As bad tempered as Cousins has been, the SAC franchise has been terrible. They have not done well by Boogie. He's got a bad temper and has been very immature, but really? In the kind of situation he's been in for so many years, it is tough to keep up a positive outlook.

As for the Karl tongue lashing: it was inappropriate, but Boogie was frustrated and directed that at Karl. The reality is that some of his frustration needs to be directed at teammates who were not giving their all. In that 4th Q, I only saw Belinelli, continue to compete and try to make plays. The rest of the Kings had given up on defense entirely. I think the problem for Karl at this point is that he didn't get his players to buy in, and he had been a cancer himself in how he managed Boogie.
    I would blame the ownership. I remember reading something about Ranadive saying that they want to be like the SPURS but more exciting. Clearly the guy doesn't know what he's talking about. If the ownership mingles to much with the basketball stuff that is a recipe for disaster.

There are only two owners I can think of who were able to deliver a championship while being involved in the day to day stuff and thats Mark Cuban and Jerry Buss. I know Cuban has made some dumb moves but he was still able to deliver a championship to Dallas. Jerry Buss is a legend. One of the reasons no big name free agent is signing with the lakers is because Jerry is gone. Jim has't done . Drafting russell over Okafor is one of his recent dumb moves.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meh, I'd prefer this to the 10,000 spam threads that get made on a daily basis.
    This

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

IIRC, the Kings started the season bad but most of it was due to Cousins being injured. Even the Spurs went through dark times with Kawhi injured, and San Antonio has much more talent. IMO, Kings FO just wanted a known HC. And Karl never got his players (like you said) to buy in. You just cant come in and want to trade your best player right away. Well you can, but look at what happened. Karl never gained their trust. This season is even worst because during the ency,they lost some players and continuity with them. DeMarcus wants to be a King but his HC and probably the FO wants him out. That's a recipe for disaster.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like the idea.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    but but but... he almost has 1000 posts. He's pretty much legit.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Petulant is the perfect word to describe DMC

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Demar is such a dumb nig, typical hothead Im sure heŽll be broke soon after his career ends.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With Kevin Durant out, AGAIN, perhaps not tanking last year may have been one of the worst OKC mistakes after trading Harden? You could say they rather had a winning mentality, but IMO you can still have a winning mentality and be in the lottery because of injuries (exhibit 1, Spurs 1996-97 season). With the cluster that is the Lakers FO, they could have landed Okafor at #3 or a good defensive wing in Winslow. Another Presti's bad decision?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cousins will never ..... eeeeeeeever get over himself
    I don't know. He's young still. If he gets it figured out, he'll be a force.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eh. Don't put the blame all on Boogie. The Kings draft terribly and don't know how to run a basketball organization. Anytime they DO draft talent they sell them down the river for picks or washed up players.
    I don't put all the blame on him but having a petulant child as the leader of a locker room makes it very difficult for rookies to learn how to be proper players in the NBA. The Kings might be the worst run franchise in sports but Cousins' at ude does nothing but make a bad situation worse.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't put all the blame on him but having a petulant child as the leader of a locker room makes it very difficult for rookies to learn how to be proper players in the NBA. The Kings might be the worst run franchise in sports but Cousins' at ude does nothing but make a bad situation worse.
    that's the main problem. not having another player that's a leader. Man, he'd be a good gamble for the Spurs. Put him with Pop and Duncan. Be the best thing for his long term career.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Karl tried to give Cousins a 2 game suspension after that. Divac, who is know the King's GM, overrode the suspension. Last article I read said Karl is 'in trouble'. Pretty re ed when organizations side with a misbehaving player over a coach (see Greg Hardy as well) tbh.

Thread Information