Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorry man, but Ronald is just extremely overrated. The gimmick is over
    For the hundredth ing time...I don't give a about Rousey or women's MMA. I never have. I think it's the worst thing ever to happen to the UFC.
    You don't get your mouth busted and kicked in the throat when you throw a fight. RR was embarrassed by a skinnier fighter who had years boxing and kickboxing experience.

She couldn't muscle her way over this one with pot shots and getting her big ass on top of her opponent. Holly had the tools to beat brainless brawlers like RR.
    ...why do people keep saying this?

You do know that it's basically a 50/50 shot that a fighter even makes it to a fight, don't you? How many times has the UFC had to reschedule fights because the fighter got hurt IN TRAINING. I can't tell you the number of times I've seen guys doing interviews about their upcoming fights with black eyes. Every training sessions is like taking an ass kicking. When you are fighting another high level fighter, it's less about the damage you can inflict and more about the damage you can take and still pull the win out. McDonald vs. Lawler/Jones vs. Gustafsson are perfect examples. Brainless brawler? She's a ing Olympic Judo medalist.

Rousey knows good and well there will be a day she's paid to take a beating, even in a win. All good MMA fighters have to at some point. So it's fairly easy to assume she gave less than 100% knowing good and well she'll be in for an even bigger payday when the rematch happens. She takes an ass kicking taking a dive...Dana pimps the rematch...they both laugh all the way to the bank. Marketing the rematch will be easy as too. Between the combination of people that hate Rousey and want her to lose and her fan base that wants to see her come back and win it basically markets itself.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    When you are fighting another high level fighter, it's less about the damage you can inflict and more about the damage you can take and still pull the win out.
    Holm mopped the floor w/ Ronda, it wasn't even close. Holm proved she was on another level, too bad MMA isn't Judo. Ronda will join Lesnar in the WWE

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, her style is apparently to overpower opponents and take it to the ground. I don't see why it's so hard to believe that a world champion boxer and kickboxer that maintains her distance would present a match-up problem for Rousey. Especially since Holm looked like she had some good amount of muscle on her to counteract Rousey's strength.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Well, her style is apparently to overpower opponents and take it to the ground. I don't see why it's so hard to believe that a world champion boxer and kickboxer that maintains her distance would present a match-up problem for Rousey. Especially since Holm looked like she had some good amount of muscle on her to counteract Rousey's strength.
    It was just like undefeated/over-hyped Ricky Hatton trying to bully Floyd & getting outclassed before he got KTFO

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Even our next president is ting on Ronald:

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

that ain't real..but if it is. ..mad props to Trumpy

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    For the hundredth ing time...I don't give a about Rousey or women's MMA. I never have. I think it's the worst thing ever to happen to the UFC.

You do know that it's basically a 50/50 shot that a fighter even makes it to a fight, don't you? How many times has the UFC had to reschedule fights because the fighter got hurt IN TRAINING. I can't tell you the number of times I've seen guys doing interviews about their upcoming fights with black eyes. Every training sessions is like taking an ass kicking. When you are fighting another high level fighter, it's less about the damage you can inflict and more about the damage you can take and still pull the win out. McDonald vs. Lawler/Jones vs. Gustafsson are perfect examples. Brainless brawler? She's a ing Olympic Judo medalist.

Rousey knows good and well there will be a day she's paid to take a beating, even in a win. All good MMA fighters have to at some point. So it's fairly easy to assume she gave less than 100% knowing good and well she'll be in for an even bigger payday when the rematch happens. She takes an ass kicking taking a dive...Dana pimps the rematch...they both laugh all the way to the bank. Marketing the rematch will be easy as too. Between the combination of people that hate Rousey and want her to lose and her fan base that wants to see her come back and win it basically markets itself.
    ^ what a ing moron

My Team
    Atlanta Hawks
    Post Count

Even Trump getting in on the action

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow benefactor is dumb as .

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Wow benefactor is dumb as .

....yea yea...no doubt homie..hit this doobie

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Holm mopped the floor w/ Ronda, it wasn't even close. Holm proved she was on another level, too bad MMA isn't Judo. Ronda will join Lesnar in the WWE
    had a split decision earlier this year to a fighter that's barley over .500. Clearly another level.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

You see, the thing here is that you're going by a wild assumption that a fighter would take a possible concussion and other injuries by taking a brutal kick to the neck and letting her face get busted up. If you're a good fighter, you can throw a fight without getting destroyed - quick submissions happen all the time in MMA there's no reason to get beaten to a pulp if you want to throw a fight. You will need to offer up more than just claiming that she didn't look 100% so she threw the fight.

I decided to check out the fight and HH was fighting quite well for a woman, excellent movement thanks to her days in boxing.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    had a split decision earlier this year to a fighter that's barley over .500. Clearly another level.
    Because match ups don't matter in terms of physique, skill and style.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You see, the thing here is that you're going by a wild assumption that a fighter would take a possible concussion and other injuries by taking a brutal kick to the neck and letting her face get busted up. If you're a good fighter, you can throw a fight without getting destroyed - quick submissions happen all the time in MMA there's no reason to get beaten to a pulp if you want to throw a fight. You will need to offer up more than just claiming that she didn't look 100% so she threw the fight.

I decided to check out the fight and HH was fighting quite well for a woman, excellent movement thanks to her days in boxing.
    She stood right in front of her pretty much the whole fight...knowing good and well Holm is a high level striker and her exclusive game plan would be to strike.

Rousey...a very strong, high level Judo tactician...allowed Holm to just push her away from the fence when she had her pinned. At no point did she even begin to set her up for a throw.

Rousey had a hold of her on the ground and seemed to just let go.

Again...fighters risk concussions, busting up, etc. every time they step into the ring.

Ronda fought to lose. She basically did everything she should not do against a high level striker. If that doesn't look like throwing a fight I'm not sure what does.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    She stood right in front of her pretty much the whole fight...knowing good and well Holm is a high level striker and her exclusive game plan would be to strike.

Rousey...a very strong, high level Judo tactician...allowed Holm to just push her away from the fence when she had her pinned. At no point did she even begin to set her up for a throw.

Again...fighters risk concussions, busting up, etc. every time they step into the ring.

Ronda fought to lose. She basically did everything she should not do against a high level striker. If that doesn't look like throwing a fight I'm not sure what does.

^this potatoe head nikka right here must be hitting that pipe..don't lie yall looking at his avatar it's safe to say benefactor has a ing potatoe head

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

You're still making assumptions. HH was more skilled than her other opponents by a very large margin, if she was throwing the fight why would she do it in such an embarrassing fashion? I mean, she basically charged Holly like a bull and looked like a WWE star going against a seasoned fighter. Just because there's a risk she can get the kicked out of her, doesn't mean she would allow it to happen on purpose like that.

Your girl Ronda was just outmatched, Holly looked gold out there and I doubt RR could do anything against her unless she could take Holly down. Too fast, too much reach, just too good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's should be an interesting fight.

http://www.tmz.com/2015/11/16/cris-c...-ronda-rousey/

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So I guess that means Dillishaw won a thrown match too, since he was barely considered a contender before he destroyed Barao?

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still think Bartolo Colon is more an athlete than Ronda tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So I guess that means Dillishaw won a thrown match too, since he was barely considered a contender before he destroyed Barao?
    The men are different. There's plenty of talent and most contenders can beat another contender on any given night.

The women's division is a gimmick. For Dana to keep making money off it, he's got to be a bit more creative...like creating fake beef between Correa and Rousey and having Rousey not look invincible when they've propped her up as such.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Holly Holms secret weapon...

Ahead of her UFC le shot against undefeated UFC women’s bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey, Holly Holm has been receiving extra training advice from the arguable pound 4 pound king, Jon Jones.

Jones and Holm are teammates, but from what Holm told media members on the UFC 193 conference call yesterday, Jones has been working with Holm even more.

“We’ll shadow box a little bit and kind of throw kicks and punches at each other, but obviously he’s not going to be sparring with me like he would the big heavyweights. “I love to hear his input and he has been very helpful and instrumental in this fight camp. Sometimes he’ll come to my mitt sessions and have some things that work for my fighting style and just ideas that he has.”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Holly Holms secret weapon...

Ahead of her UFC le shot against undefeated UFC women’s bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey, Holly Holm has been receiving extra training advice from the arguable pound 4 pound king, Jon Jones.

Jones and Holm are teammates, but from what Holm told media members on the UFC 193 conference call yesterday, Jones has been working with Holm even more.

“We’ll shadow box a little bit and kind of throw kicks and punches at each other, but obviously he’s not going to be sparring with me like he would the big heavyweights. “I love to hear his input and he has been very helpful and instrumental in this fight camp. Sometimes he’ll come to my mitt sessions and have some things that work for my fighting style and just ideas that he has.”

smart lady for fuccing with jones. i'm officially on her bandwagon.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The men are different. There's plenty of talent and most contenders can beat another contender on any given night.

The women's division is a gimmick. For Dana to keep making money off it, he's got to be a bit more creative...like creating fake beef between Correa and Rousey and having Rousey not look invincible when they've propped her up as such.
    But you're arguing against yourself. If the women's division is so full of wet noodles, then it stands to reason that Ronda seems too dominant and when she comes up against someone who can keep her at distance it's going to present problems. She ran into those straight rights and it wore her down.

I don't understand how you can argue that the men's division is more talent laden but still shocked when a world class kickboxer kicksboxes the head off of the champ.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Why is bene so salty? Tbh.

Refried beans is always salty tbh

Thread Information